Ta ta Manza... Hello City...

Thread Starter #61
There is one possibility- Stereo pin to stereo pin, that is from ear phone jack to ANHC HU AUX-in.
Did you find any noticeable difference in quality while playing through AUX-in jack.
If I am right, I shall try from my mobile phone.
That is right. Yes, there is a noticeable difference in quality. As transcend plays flac files, the sound output from transcend is good and that is in turn amplified by the HU. You also have the advantage of further fine tuning the sound/equalizer in transcend to suit your listening requirement.

Browsing through the directories/songs is good in transcend and my wife takes care of it easily.

A single charge of transcend last up to 24 hours. So no issues for long playbacks on trips and it also can play back while charging.

The sound quality from your mobile, when connected, will be proportionally to what your mobile output is capable of. We connect transcend to our Kenwood system at home and the sound is awesome. We listen to a lot of instrumental music at night and when we play flac as compared to mp3, the piano notes of Richard Clayderman just rings out. We also have 2 other transcend mp3 players.

The drawbacks.... the volume is low compared to direct USB playback. I keep the HU volume at 30 and adjust the volume of Transcend to give me enough volume. Then I control the volume of the HU as required.

We tend to forget that the player is on when we stop the car and get off. This happened to us twice, when we went visiting relatives and shopping. So we will use this option only for long drives.

Haha. Me too saw this thread just now :)

I was waiting for his ownership post.

Congratulations again for your new City. Definitely feel that it is 'worth the change' !

Wishing you many many happy miles ahead

Thread Starter #64
Congrats for the change over and the City looks just awesome[cheers].

Wishing you more and more miles ahead with the opportunity to capture fantastic pictures.[drive]
Thanks you Ram!!!

Congratulations again for your new City. Definitely feel that it is 'worth the change' !

Wishing you many many happy miles ahead
Thank you appus!!!

We did a forest trip with the City and apart from scraping some of the speed breakers in Bandipur, there were no issues. City handled the bad roads without any problem.

We also did Satyamangalam route 27 + 27 hairpin bends, down and up, the same day and the car handled great. Takes the corners better than the Manza. Very less body roll compared to Manza.

Happy with the performance...[:D]. The average I got for the whole trip, around 800kms, was 16.7kmpl. This includes the forest runs in second gear, Single lane state highways and ghat sections. I am sure Manza would have given me a better average and would have been easier on the wallet. But then, we win some... lose some. No regrets.

The travelogue is here

Yes there is no doubt that the handling for City is much better than Manza. How did you feel the suspension?
I did a 1300 km round trip to Hyderabad on my Manza, the car felt solid at 120-140 speeds also. FE was great at 20+ kmpl.

Thread Starter #66
Yes there is no doubt that the handling for City is much better than Manza. How did you feel the suspension?
I did a 1300 km round trip to Hyderabad on my Manza, the car felt solid at 120-140 speeds also. FE was great at 20+ kmpl.
Hi anshuman8, let me first clarify that I am not disputing that Manza is capable of high speed driving. I personally have driven it on many highways, many times and have driven it at speeds above 170 also. And I also do not dispute the FE of Manza.

City's suspension is equal to and in some situations better to Manza. My wife also endorse this view. While we feel the small sharp cuts and variations inside, larger potholes and bad roads are very smooth... better than Manza. (does not throw you around).

I have not driven the City at high speed. Max cruising speed around 100/110kmph... thanks to the high tyre/road noise. Here Manza excels with its near silent cabin at high speeds.[:)]

Another thing I noticed is that in City you feel the car well planted - like hugging/gripping the road. That feeling was not there in Manza.

Frankly, I feel, the only thing going for City is its engine and the looks... and the brand image [frustration]. Of course it is my personal view.

Thread Starter #69
last photo is superb.
Thank you.

We drove down to Chennai last Saturday for a short visit and will be driving back tomorrow.

Two things I felt were not up to the standard in my car were the horn and the headlights.

Normally I do not drive after dark. But when I do, it mostly will be on our trips. So, it was important to upgrade the lights.

As usual, synced up with AppU, met him at our usual place for breakfast and proceeded to his favorite accessory shop and upgraded the headlight bulbs to Philips 90/100 and also fitted Hella duel horns.

Coming down from Hosur, after Krishnagiri, I was doing 140 for long stretches and also taking curves at 120 without missing a beat. I was surprised at the quietness at that speed till my ears, that were blocked due to the altitude change, cleared up. Then I could hear the roar of the road noise and had to slow down to 110 to avoid the noise. The road noise varies as per the surface of the road.

Apart for the road/tyre noise at high speed, the drive was great.

Planning to give the car for service after returning from Chennai.

Some real time photos of my city... The best looking car amongst the cars that I have owned so far.

Photos taken during the last trip to Masinagudi and Satyamangalam forest range. The car was fun to drive through the 27 + 27 harpin bends near Dhimbam...

View attachment 123763

View attachment 123764
Excellent pictures of your city, loved the first and the last ones, specially the first picture of city smriking on the sun light through forest:biggrin:

Thread Starter #73
Here are the couple of Pics which I took during the meet at Vellore:
Thanks for posting AppU!

I remember a pic was taken at same place with Appu's Vista and HR's Manza
Yes. The same place. Awesome place for breakfast, if you like south Indian dishes. I think lots of TAI members stopping over in Vellore visit this place. We have our breakfast there while traveling to and from Chennai.

Excellent pictures of your city, loved the first and the last ones, specially the first picture of city smriking on the sun light through forest:biggrin:
Thanks Vijay. I liked the first one too.

Thread Starter #74
Got the car serviced yesterday (30000km service). Got the car ready at the said time and had to wait 10 minutes for the paperwork and the bill to be settled. A pleasant experience.

Work done as per request and no issues. The drive, the steering and the gearshifts are smoother. The spare had a puncture which was rectified and the wheels were balanced, rotated and aligned.

Unlike my Manza thread, this thread is becoming boring as there is nothing to write about as the car is working as it should. [sleep] I may soon have to close this thread.[;)]

Got the car serviced yesterday (30000km service). Got the car ready at the said time and had to wait 10 minutes for the paperwork and the bill to be settled. A pleasant experience.

Work done as per request and no issues. The drive, the steering and the gearshifts are smoother. The spare had a puncture which was rectified and the wheels were balanced, rotated and aligned.

Unlike my Manza thread, this thread is becoming boring as there is nothing to write about as the car is working as it should. I may soon have to close this thread
So I think you want some problems in car to write on thread.. [surprise] I think that's the quality in Honda cars which Tata don't. Anyways it's nice to know that your car is doing fine.
And for to keep live thread do some mods.. [:D]
How much you paid for this service??

Top Bottom