Ta ta Manza... Hello City...

Thread Starter #46
A neat hand brake lever...

car_42.jpg

Some storage space in front of the gear shift...

car_43.jpg

Can accommodate some small objects, like the sunglasses and a couple of 1/litre tupperware bottles. This brings the total to 5 1/2litre bottles that can be stored in the car. Ant that is exactly the no of 1/2 litre bottles that we have with us.

car_44.jpg

Additional storage cavity in the front passenger side... (where the master power window controls would sit for a LHD vehicle)

car_45.jpg

Pen holder and visiting card holder inside the front center arm rest...

car_47.jpg

24 led light board for the cabin... Very bright and useful. planning to add one more board to make the light look symmetrical and fill the holder.

car_46.jpg

Similar light in the boot... Could not fix it inside the holder as the holder was small.

car_49.jpg

A short antenna that cannot be turned down...

car_50.jpg

BTW, met with AppU yesterday @ mogappair and spend more than 2 hours with him. I will let AppU give his impression of the City as he inspected the car thoroughly and even drove it for quite a long drive.

Man really nice pics yaar. I didn't notice that pen holder in the front arm rest in my car, Thanks to provide such an useful information. [:)][clap]

And one question for you, Is there fabric of side arm rest or any other material?? It is not recognizable in pics.

Last edited:
How is orvm experience vis a vis manza?
BTW,
Other than tyres, there's no reason to believe that the car is used for 24 kkm. You got a great deal man.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #51
How is orvm experience vis a vis manza?
The orvms in City are good as they rotate outward more than required. In Manza, the left side mirror was good... only the driver side mirror's outward rotation was restricted.

BTW,
Other than tyres, there's no reason to believe that the car is used for 24 kkm. You got a great deal man.
Thank you, Tornado!

The orvms in City are good as they rotate outward more than required. In Manza, the left side mirror was good... only the driver side mirror's outward rotation was restricted.
Oh no, both are same [frustration].
Sit in the co driver seat and see through LORVM then you will notice.

Seeing from drivers seat gives advantage of extra distance.

IMO Manza/Vista has one of the worst OEM ORVMs.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #53
Oh no, both are same [frustration].
Sit in the co driver seat and see through LORVM then you will notice.

Seeing from drivers seat gives advantage of extra distance.

IMO Manza/Vista has one of the worst OEM ORVMs.
I meant that the LORVM is not an issue as only the driver uses it and the field of view is good. But for the RORVM, I used to drive it with the whole assembly turned outward a little like Tornado suggested. You will not have any issue with the spring effect. You can try that. You can check it here

Hi Guys,

As HR said, Last Monday we had a meet at mogappair with his City.

HR gave his City to me to drive. we gone for some long distance and enjoyed driving his City. Even we tested the breaks of City[;)], It was really a nice experience.

Here is my review about City with the comparison of Manza[;)]

Exterior:
City:
As we all Know City is like an arrow, which is ready to get out from the bow anytime. City is the sexiest car which is Excellent and Elegent.

Manza: As we all know, Manza's front portion and boot portion is not in sync. It looks odd at some angles and good at some angles. It is just ok for Vista kind of Hatchback, for a Manza type car sedan car, the front needs to be big and it has to match to rear portion of the car. Manza's front is good and rear is also good. But, both front and rear is not matching.

Lets go to Interior:
Here I've lot of points to cover.

Steering:
City's Steering design is modern and trendy,
Manza's steering looks good, but trendy like City

Seating Position:
City:seating position was wonderful and gives wonderful road view

Manza:
Seating position is equal to City

Dials and Back lit in powerwindow:
City: City has orange light in the dials and there was not back lit on powerwindow buttons except auto roll window(Driver side)

Manza: Manza dials have white light in the background. which looks so beautiful in the night. Also had backlit in all the power windows, which helps to operate in night time

Headlights:
City:
City's stock headlights are below average, needs upgrade to 90/100 bulbs.

Manza: Manza's Stock headlights are very good enough to cover the whole road. Even Low beam itself enough to drive on Highways. when both low beam and high beam works together, nothing will miss from our sight.

Music player:
City: Stock headunit and stock speakers producing excellent quality of sound. I like the way where USB and AUX cable connection area. But, As like HR said, changing the folder to select songs are the headache. we can't see the folder name. But, we can see the folder number which is useless.

Manza: Stock headunit produces excellent sound quality. But,the stock speakers produce average sound quality. But, in Manza, changing the folders and selecting the songs are very very easy and more convenient.

Even Manza have Bluetooth with Integrated Music System, which is not available in City.

Storage space:
City: As like HR mentioned, Storage space is very low in City, even there were no door pockets on the rear. even glow box is very small when compare to Manza. Doesn't having tray under co-driver seat. Due to Petrol tank under front seats, we cannot keep water bottles under driver/co-driver seat.

Manza:having more space when compare to City. Huge glove box with light. secret tray under co-driver seat. All the door having small pockets. Easy accommodate some 4 number of 2 liter water bottle under driver seat.

Door Lock:
City: HR is badly missing auto lock of all the doors which is available in Manza. After he mentioned that only, I thought to think about that. Even in my Vista also I've auto door lock. whenever I move the car from stationary all the doors will lock automatically when I touch 10kmph. Till today, I never tried to locking the door. As city doesn't have this feature, HR needs to lock the door manually that is one of the major feature which is missing in City.

Door locking position is somewhat odd. which is inversely proportional to the universal method. For lock we need to pull out the lock liver. for unlock we need to push the lock liver. which makes confusion most of the time.

Manza:Auto door lock at 10kmph, lock and unlock is normal like all other cars.

Seats:
City: Excellent rear seats and front seats. But due to the petrol tank under the front seats, we cannot stretch the leg fully from rear seat and can't keep the foot below the front seat by sitting in front seat.

Manza: Is I need to say anything? we can keep our leg in whatever position we like from any seats.

Now regarding Performance:
City: I just WOW when we talk about performance of City, it just takes off from any gear, I experienced it. even in the higher gears also, we can maintain low speed without any jerk.

Manza: Manza has to wait till the turbo kicks, once Turbo kicks it pull like anything. Here in Manza, we need to maintain the speed according to the gear. Otherwise it will start jerking.

Torque:
City: City's Torque is very less, we can feel the linear acceleration. But, when it comes to sudden acceleration, I-Vtec kicks in and takes off the car to highspeed easily.

Manza: Manza have very good low end torque, so that we can feel the pulling in each and every gear.

Suspension:
City: City's suspension is soft on Pot-holes and highway patches.

Manza: Same like City.

Breaks:
City: I felt the breaks are hard in city in slow speed and confirmed the same with HR. So, we tried to check for sudden break. During sudden break I got proper response from breaks. but, still break shoes has to be checked.

Manza: Proper feedback in low speed as well as in Highspeed.

Conclusion:
If I gone to Honda City without experiencing Manza, I would have said, City is best. But, after experiencing Manza/Vista, I can't say like that[roll].

City is classy, Driver friendly and beautiful car with less features.

Manza is comfortable, spacious and loaded with mandatory as well as Top class features.

Moreover City Stands with Honda Badge, Manza Stands with TATA badge. This is the major difference between the both.

Last edited:
I meant that the LORVM is not an issue as only the driver uses it and the field of view is good. But for the RORVM, I used to drive it with the whole assembly turned outward a little like Tornado suggested. You will not have any issue with the spring effect. You can try that.
Now, I have fitted an amplifier powered front component speakers and a bass tube in my manza, it leads to some amount of vibration, leading to automatic restoration of the orvm position of the deliberately outward rotated mirrors leading to square one situation.

@appus, nice comparo, only thing one needs to remember while reading it that ivtec is petrol and manza q jet is a diesel engine.

Also, the rear seat foot room is a issue in City only if the passenger is really tall else for people less than 5'9“,it should not be IMO.

Thread Starter #56
Now, I have fitted an amplifier powered front component speakers and a bass tube in my manza, it leads to some amount of vibration, leading to automatic restoration of the orvm position of the deliberately outward rotated mirrors leading to square one situation.
Tough luck...

Also, the rear seat foot room is a issue in City only if the passenger is really tall else for people less than 5'9“,it should not be IMO.
I, a six footer, can sit comfortably in the rear seat even with the front seat pushed fully back.

I guess AppU meant that since the fuel tank is below the front seats, the guy sitting in the rear may not be able to stretch his legs by pushing the feet below the front seats.

Large space hidden below the rear seats...

car_53.jpg

Wish I could get an accessory similar to this... (source internet)

car_51.jpg

or this... (source internet)

car_52.jpg

The audio display panel opens and the USB cable and AUX sockets are located in that compartment
. Can accommodate a couple of USB pendrives and Ipod/mp3 players.

car_54.jpg

Height adjustable front seat belts... My wife, being short finds it very useful... thanks to AppU for pointing it out.

car_55.jpg

12v power outlet...

car_56.jpg

@appus, nice comparo, only thing one needs to remember while reading it that ivtec is petrol and manza q jet is a diesel engine.
Yes, I hope everyone knows that City doesn't have Diesel version currently. I just compared the behavior of City with Manza.

I too agree, the rear seat has wonderful leg room and it is more comfortable. And more over it is not an issue.

I guess AppU meant that since the fuel tank is below the front seats, the guy sitting in the rear may not be able to stretch his legs by pushing the feet below the front seats.
Yes, that is what I tried to mention. due to petrol tank, we not able to stretch our legs by pushing the feet below the front seats.

Thread Starter #58
Driving the City on highways is good. The car hugs the road and steering feel is also good. Just stretched the car up to 160 just to get a feel of it. No issues other than the MRF tyre noise that increased with the speed.

Cruising around 90/100 is nice and relaxing. For this highway drive we connected our Flac music player (transcend) and the sound quality was good.

We are planning to go on a forest drive, the first with the City, in the middle of Jan.

I am also planning to get the under chassis coating done in 3M after the trip.

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
... we connected our Flac music player (transcend) and the sound quality was good.
Dear HR

I would like to know how did you connect the Transcend player.

The ANHC HU USB player never plays FLAC / WAV files. I always convert my favorite songs into AAC and play to get the best possible quality. The HU player does not even recognizes the old generation iPod.

I understand that the Transcend player has only line-in and not line out. If the ANHC HU access the transcend storage area as a pen drive, then again it can’t play FLAC/WAV files.

I am really interested to know how you could make it. Thanks.

Regards
Dr MUDHAN

Last edited:

Dr MUDHAN

Honoured Member
There is one possibility- Stereo pin to stereo pin, that is from ear phone jack to ANHC HU AUX-in.
Did you find any noticeable difference in quality while playing through AUX-in jack.
If I am right, I shall try from my mobile phone.

Top Bottom