System G / Sytem D - Does it Really Enhance Performance !

Thread Starter #1
System G / System D are additives used with the fuel. System G is used for petrol cars and System D for diesel cars. Iftex is the most renowned brand which is widely used. The petrol/diesel are not always of the best of quality mostly in the highway pumps which are not always very dependable, these additives keep the injectors clean and hence enhances performance.

Car companies also do recommend using these additives.

I used it this time in my long trip and i did feel a difference in the smoothness of the car and got an enhanced mileage as well.

The composition ratio is 1ml of System G/D for 1 ltr of petrol/diesel.

Lets discuss our experiences and views on this..

Reading System G took me 6 years back. I remember buying System G from a BPCl station for my 1992 Maruti 800 (sold in 2007). 3 tank fills with System G added in it changed my car's character. It used to easily sweep 80 Kmph, which otherwise would have been a task since it wasn't in a good condition. Acceleration felt smooth, and the engine made a sweeter sound. Fuel efficiency increased although marginally. At times it felt the car was over performing which it's not supposed to.

M800 was sold in 2007, and then never bought System G as moved abroad. Now that I'm back, and reading your thread, it has made me recall about this wonderful product that I'l buy tonight for my carburetted 98 Esteem. 3-4 tank fills with System G and my review should be posted soon.

I started using System-G in my Tata Indigo (Petrol) car, as I found that it was recommended by the vehicle manufacturer. I remember that the mileage even increased slightly. But since then I use it almost on a regular basis, although I think that the pumps in the cities are usually trustworthy and chances of getting adulterated fuel is less. But I think for those people who go for throttle cleaning and engine decarb on a regular basis may not need using these fuel additives.

Re: Saga of Ever Rising Fuel Prices in India

Only with the volumes becoming high I suspect there is more hanky-panky on the quantity than quality. Of course they may have arrangements to 'pre-treat' the tanker before it reaches them.

Even my neighbourhood pump has stopped Premium Diesel and Petrol. Only regular. I told the chap why not start stocking sachets of System G again.
Sir, I have seen in your earlier post also. Can you please tell me what is System G?

@sethumurugan: System G is a fuel additive that has detergent properties. It is mixed with fuel in the fuel tank and cleanses the fuel lines, injector nozzles, and other parts of the engine as it flows (alongwith fuel) through them. Additives like SystemG, Bardhal, etc are helpful in removing sludge from parts of the engine and fuel delivery system. Branded fuel like 'High Speed Diesel', 'Speed', 'Extra Mile Diesel', 'Power'' etc are nothing but regular fuels in which such additives are premixed at the refinery level.

@sethumurugan: System G is a fuel additive that has detergent properties. It is mixed with fuel in the fuel tank and cleanses the fuel lines, injector nozzles, and other parts of the engine as it flows (alongwith fuel) through them. Additives like SystemG, Bardhal, etc are helpful in removing sludge from parts of the engine and fuel delivery system. Branded fuel like 'High Speed Diesel', 'Speed', 'Extra Mile Diesel', 'Power'' etc are nothing but regular fuels in which such additives are premixed at the refinery level.
Sam,

Thanks for the info. Does it improves FE [might be silly question. sorry]

Sam,

Thanks for the info. Does it improves FE [might be silly question. sorry]
Don't know about FE, but performance improved as carbon deposits are removed. Infact, when I used it in my bike, the firing sound also changed.
Btw, can anybody tell me how much ml of this additive should be used for every litre ? [confused]

I was told my a BP dealer eve nabout 50% of that is Ok, but that was time days when I was adding it on every tankful. My current policy is - Santro: 30ml every 4th ot 5th tankful, Civic: 50ml every tenth to 15th tankful.

Friends

After reading posts on adding some additives, here is my say may be bit scientific

Does any dealer or manufacturer recommended it ?? answer is NO

So it is always better to stick to what manufacturer says in his manual as believe me every manufacturer puts lot of effort while designing a vehicle, while selection of materials for various parts and suitable grade oil and fuels. So it is always advisable to do what it is told by manufacturer to avoid problems and that is the reason they keep the clause of warranty tampering in various aspects and it is always advisable and safe to do what he says with the manual.

Now coming to the point of using such additives, you must be happy saying that it cleaning fuel lines and carbon deposits, but believe me at the same time it is also a hard compound which eats away the inner surface walls material of fuel lines or something else, so be cautious to use such un-recommended things on your valuable cars[:)]

DIY is good to learn the things, but on a new car or a old one as it has its own limits otherwise you will end up in spoiling something !!

This is purely my personal advice and not to offend anybody on this and if somebody gets good results by doing so, then he can continue doing the same at his own risk.[clap]

Rightly said Gurrala74.

Everybody please keep in mind that sometime what service center is saying and what manufacture is saying is different. Always stick to the basics and follow manufacturer rather than following some weak and business oriented recommendation from service manager or supervisor at service center. Before going to such additional advise always vet that with manufacturer guidelines and ground reality. However I am not saying service manager or supervisor always give bad advise [;)].

Keep posting here, here team of experts and experienced users surely provide you better information and guidance.

Tip: Most of the time it is good to follow your vehicle manual.

Woow the name itself is pumping me up. SYSTEM-G [:D] Where will i get a system-G. Is it while filling fuel I need to add this. If so how, when, where.

Surprisingly, Fords response to a question in Facebook about system G usage was :
"We recommend only high quality fuel and no additives for best performance"
But in the user manual Ford clearly mentioned to use them.[surprise]

System D does not seem to be sold anymore in South?? Perhaps i am looking in the wrong Petrol bunks?
Seemed to improve mileage a bit and engine did seem smoother-however, could be imagining!

Top Bottom