• Symbian

Votes: 9 22.0%
  • Android

Votes: 29 70.7%
  • Windows Phone 7

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters
Symbian any day. Reasons stated below:

1. Fast like nothing else. Just try to play a 480p video in an N8 and Optimus, and you will know what i mean. By the time the Android starts playing the Nokia will have elapsed 10 seconds of the video.

2. Wide Application base for the Symbian is something your 14 year old kid will tell you about. So nothing comes close to S60.

3. Having said that, it also stands to be said that since Symbian is used by Nokia phones, they have better durablity quality and features than any Samsung phones. Check out the specs of the N8 for proof.

Thread Starter #5

1. Fast like nothing else. Just try to play a 480p video in an N8 and Optimus, and you will know what i mean. By the time the Android starts playing the Nokia will have elapsed 10 seconds of the video.

2. Wide Application base for the Symbian is something your 14 year old kid will tell you about. So nothing comes close to S60.

3. Having said that, it also stands to be said that since Symbian is used by Nokia phones, they have better durablity quality and features than any Samsung phones. Check out the specs of the N8 for proof.
How much is the processor speed of n8?symbian v5 (5800,x6)is bored.While the android is like game.(there is one old game called android.think so.)

But nokia n8 is symbian^3.It is quite good.

Last edited:
Android anyday. Symbian is boring & too basic now, customization options are limited & it does not have that "wow" factor of the Android.

you are comparing a 12k phone to a 24k phone. try comparing the N8 to the Xperia X10, Samsung Galaxy S or HTC desire. The Android eats the Symbian alive!

Androids are known to have a better & wider application base.

have you heard a symbian phone hanging? have you heard of an Android hanging?

If Symbian had a good future, Nokia would never have joined hands with Microsoft. The thing about Nokia is that they give pretty good hardware with crappy software. Samsung also will no longer make phones having symbian OS.
Android with its sheer developer base and being open source will rule the rooster. Although I believe iOS also deserves a mention here because of its ease of use!

P.S. with 25000 Rs I would probably go for HTC Desire or Motorola Milestone.

Android anyday. Symbian is boring & too basic now, customization options are limited & it does not have that "wow" factor of the Android.
Androids are known to have a better & wider application base.
Completely agree. Symbian provides good range of apps, while Android a much wider range.

i have used,
1.windows mobile---worst
window-7-not expecting much!!

2.symbian --not so userfriendly but reliable.

3. i phone- userfriendly but most of the time useless

4.android - wow

5.maemo- omg..i do not need laptop anymore.

6.meego- waiting for it

now on android froyo..full of crappy applications but yet loving it..!!

Being a die-hard Symbian fan for years, I found it hard to ditch it even after Nokia did it. I've used many Symbians and know the best and worst of it. But I must admit Android is growing on me but I wont totally go for Android until I see MeeGo from Nokia and properly test Froyo(not a big difference between 2.2 and 2.3) because Eclair is slower than Symbian^1, let alone Symbian^3. Symbian is doing a decent job with <600mhz processors and <256mb RAM.
How much is the processor speed of n8?symbian v5 (5800,x6)is bored.While the android is like game.(there is one old game called android.think so.)

But nokia n8 is symbian^3.It is quite good.
Despite the processor speed and Ram being low, when it comes to multi-tasking, Symbian is among the top.
you are comparing a 12k phone to a 24k phone. try comparing the N8 to the Xperia X10, Samsung Galaxy S or HTC desire. The Android eats the Symbian alive!

have you heard a symbian phone hanging? have you heard of an Android hanging?
I don't claim Symbian to be superior to Android, but if you compare X10 with N8, N8 will win obviously. X10 is outdated to the core and under-specced. And I've seen Androids freezing as well, despite the high CPU speeds and RAM.

6.meego- waiting for it
I'm totally waiting for MeeGo powered N950

I have used nokia's with symbian and i never and ever want to use windows as i know it well

am using andriod x10mini its good and am happy with, it has wider range of apps and as some one said it never hangs

I don't claim Symbian to be superior to Android, but if you compare X10 with N8, N8 will win obviously. X10 is outdated to the core and under-specced. And I've seen Androids freezing as well, despite the high CPU speeds and RAM.
One of my colleagues has the N8 & he seems to like the X10 more. The X10 now has the Android 2.1, so it is not too outdated. Yes, the 2.2 would have been better.

Thread Starter #14
I completely agree to Raj_5004.Symbian are not faster than android.Htc desire and x10 and many phones have 1ghz snapdragon processor.And does n8 have amoled or super amoled screen?It is very different.

One of my colleagues has the N8 & he seems to like the X10 more. The X10 now has the Android 2.1, so it is not too outdated. Yes, the 2.2 would have been better.
Yes, that's my point. Without Froyo(which is 5x faster than Eclair), X10 is outdated when compared to its Froyo and Gingerbread rivals. X10 has earned Eclair after the basic android phones got Eclair/Froyo. And I guess your colleague has no idea on what his phone is capable of. Except for the OS which is subjective, feature-rich N8 is clearly better than X10.

I completely agree to Raj_5004.Symbian are not faster than android.Htc desire and x10 and many phones have 1ghz snapdragon processor.And does n8 have amoled or super amoled screen?It is very different.
N8 has AMOLED screen.

Last edited:

Top Bottom