Switching From Bike To Gearless Scooter

bike or scooter & if scooter which and why

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread Starter #31
Mods: I bought my Dream Yuga today. I will be posting a initial ownership review soon, hence this thread can be closed now.

Thread Starter #32
Hey guys once again am back to squre[:)]

After using my bike Dream Yuga for 5 years now once again I had to think of a gearless scooter for few reasons like
1. Increased traffic these days and changing gears all the time is frustrating
2. Daily commute is around 5km
3. More need for luggage carrying is cropping up frequently
4. Bit bored with 5 years old bike
5. My wife is showing interest to use if its a scooter, which makes my life bit easy

With all the above scenario and keeping in mind that i travel thru much of bad road stretches and speed breakers and path holes, pour in your thoughts for a best scooter for current day. Checked Hero maestro edge, Wego, Jupitor, Tvs Zest, Hero pleasure. Still no Activa due to its swing arm front suspension and Activa 125 looks bit over priced to me. Out of the lot tested Maestro edge seems having more features than others and external fuel filling is good on any scooter these days. Comfort is the main criteria am looking for

Look forward for the inputs soon

Hey guys once again am back to squre[:)]

After using my bike Dream Yuga for 5 years now once again I had to think of a gearless scooter for few reasons like
1. Increased traffic these days and changing gears all the time is frustrating
2. Daily commute is around 5km
3. More need for luggage carrying is cropping up frequently
4. Bit bored with 5 years old bike
5. My wife is showing interest to use if its a scooter, which makes my life bit easy

With all the above scenario and keeping in mind that i travel thru much of bad road stretches and speed breakers and path holes, pour in your thoughts for a best scooter for current day. Checked Hero maestro edge, Wego, Jupitor, Tvs Zest, Hero pleasure. Still no Activa due to its swing arm front suspension and Activa 125 looks bit over priced to me. Out of the lot tested Maestro edge seems having more features than others and external fuel filling is good on any scooter these days. Comfort is the main criteria am looking for

Look forward for the inputs soon
I can understand your dilemma, and to be frank, I also prefer to use my wife's Suzuki Access 125, over my Duke 390 on some days when I see heavy traffic.

I had taken a test ride of most of the mentioned scooters last year, before buying the Suzuki Access. I agree with your observations. The Activa 125 did seem overpriced, and did not give any additional features over the others. Though the engine is quite good, still its not worth the extra money. The Maestro Edge has its edge over the Activa 4g, but in terms of ride quality, it still is a little harsh. The Jupiter is a good overall package in terms of features and ride quality. Though it feels a little under-powered , as compared to the 125cc scooters, it still is a good package overall.Even though, we went for the Access 125, for the quicker pickup, and didnt mind the harsh ride, with the worsening roads in Bangalore, we would have picked up the Jupiter now, if we had the option.

As you have just started looking, I would suggest you to also check out the Honda Grazia. Though much is not known about the pricing, it does have telescopic forks suspension and disc brakes. If priced right,it would be worth a try.

Thread Starter #35
Thank Arjun and Nair for your quick inputs.
I drove Jupitor quite few times but took a ride today in very bad roads and path holes to check once again. I felt its engine refinement is very good but yeah its not the quickest like Activa, Its ride quality is good enough. Only things I did not liked were its rear shape and the handle is still a bit lower to my hands straight 90 deg position from the body thus creating impact or pressure on my hands whenever am braking and I had to brake very frequently due to the road conditions which was not the story with my bike.

I took a test drive of Maestro edge recently and felt ride quality is okay but not that great, engine refinement its behind activa and jupitor but filled with features and handle is not very comfortable for me.

Wego is one other option but i find its shape bit odd and important is that the space near the legs is bit narrow compared to hero and honda vehicles.

so still searching for right thing to go ahead or live with current bike for a while. will wait for grazia

Thank Arjun and Nair for your quick inputs.
I drove Jupitor quite few times but took a ride today in very bad roads and path holes to check once again. I felt its engine refinement is very good but yeah its not the quickest like Activa, Its ride quality is good enough. Only things I did not liked were its rear shape and the handle is still a bit lower to my hands straight 90 deg position from the body thus creating impact or pressure on my hands whenever am braking and I had to brake very frequently due to the road conditions which was not the story with my bike.

I took a test drive of Maestro edge recently and felt ride quality is okay but not that great, engine refinement its behind activa and jupitor but filled with features and handle is not very comfortable for me.

Wego is one other option but i find its shape bit odd and important is that the space near the legs is bit narrow compared to hero and honda vehicles.

so still searching for right thing to go ahead or live with current bike for a while. will wait for grazia
The Grazia has been launched and the pricing is quite good. The base variant is at 57897, Alloy at 59867 and Deluxe at 62269. The Deluxe variant comes with a 190mm disc brake where was the others get 130mm drum brakes in front and rear. The front wheel is a 12 incher and the suspension is Telescopic fork at font and monoshock at the rear. Would be worth trying it out.

Thread Starter #37
The Grazia has been launched and the pricing is quite good. The base variant is at 57897, Alloy at 59867 and Deluxe at 62269. The Deluxe variant comes with a 190mm disc brake where was the others get 130mm drum brakes in front and rear. The front wheel is a 12 incher and the suspension is Telescopic fork at font and monoshock at the rear. Would be worth trying it out.
Yeah following, looks interesting too. Will explore it soon. Only thing disappointed is no external fuel filling

Congrats on your new ride. Nice choice of colour. It looks great in this colour. I am yet to see one in flesh, but the combination of Activa 125 engine and the lighter frame would be quite good.

Wish you a lot of happy miles and smiles

I bought Grazia Alloy in White for my father. He preferred blue but it was not in stock but quite happy with a white. Did they charge extra service fee for RTO?

Top Bottom