Switching From Bike To Gearless Scooter

bike or scooter & if scooter which and why

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread Starter #16
2nd trip to my office from home with my friends activa. I felt the following

It is a great scooter now doubt in all aspects, but

1. In bad roads, speed breakers, path holes it transform all the bumps to your body. I really have to slowdown this whenever there is a speed breaker and bad road. Not in the case of bike. So I feel it is good for the good roads only and bad roads it really makes your body jump every where if you are little bit speed.
2. I will have to see whether this is the same story with Wego and Access or any other scooter.

It looks to me scooter hardly works better for my kind of road which is unfortunately with 5 to 7 speed breakers, bit of path holes and bumpy mud road.

Based on my above experience please comment !!

In case only bike is suitable for my kind of road and usage, then please suggest me most comfortable bike within the range below 60000/- and gives me good suspension and a reliable one to use for next 5 years minimum.

How about Yamaha Crux ??

Mod: Now my thread heading may be not suitable and it needs to be changed as "Bike or Scooter for bad roads"

Last edited:
How about Yamaha Crux ??

Mod: Now my thread heading may be not suitable and it needs to be changed as "Bike or Scooter for bad roads"
Buddy if this is the case then Bike will any day beat scooter's when it come's to ride quality, and most of the 100cc bikes has soft suspension set up which means a good ride quality over bad road's you can TD Splendor,Discover,Passion,Tvs Star.

Thread Starter #18
@Visran, OK will give my comments to your suggestion

Splendor - Already used from year 2000 to 2011 for 11 long years completed some 150000km on it. Yes it was good, but two things bother me one is again same bike and second is the thin tyre on the back which made me to skid lot of times and tiny handle as my hands are bit longer. I am 5'10"

Discover - I did a TD of discover 100 4g 3 days back and felt that it is just rough built, rough sound, rough handling too as suspension is not that great. The TD vehicle was not there so, showroom guy given me a new one it took bit of time to start it, seems some starting trouble!!

Passion - Same hero family not very interesting looks

TVS star - Looks to me a cheap bike with cheap plastic and also it little dents on my social posture when I come to office on such bike as unfortunately I am a director of a small company !! This is purely my personal opinion may be correct or wrong. And also I have doubt on TVS on long run durability

So , now go on with your suggestion left !!

Rotate that photo of yours on the Avatar

@Visran, OK will give my comments to your suggestion

Splendor - Already used from year 2000 to 2011 for 11 long years completed some 150000km on it. Yes it was good, but two things bother me one is again same bike and second is the thin tyre on the back which made me to skid lot of times and tiny handle as my hands are bit longer. I am 5'10"

Discover - I did a TD of discover 100 4g 3 days back and felt that it is just rough built, rough sound, rough handling too as suspension is not that great. The TD vehicle was not there so, showroom guy given me a new one it took bit of time to start it, seems some starting trouble!!

Passion - Same hero family not very interesting looks

TVS star - Looks to me a cheap bike with cheap plastic and also it little dents on my social posture when I come to office on such bike as unfortunately I am a director of a small company !! This is purely my personal opinion may be correct or wrong. And also I have doubt on TVS on long run durability

So , now go on with your suggestion left !!

Rotate that photo of yours on the Avatar
How about Discover 125ST it come's with Monoshock try TDing that model.

no matter how many times i rotate the pic's it will end up like this in the Avataar, will try some other Avataar.

Thread Starter #20
@Visran

Finally Avatar got changed !! Thank God [clap]

I just did the TD of few vehicles yesterday and short listed them for final decision by tomorrow.

Honda Shine : Rs.60000/- on road. Good shocks front and rear, very low noise, good pick up, good looking. People complain about it has one gear less, yes it could have been a 5 gear bike I feel, but the kind of my usage I never cross 40-50kmph max so that is not a issue for me. I do not know the long term experience of the same but believe Honda for durability. Its engine refinement is very good. TD vehicle clocked 4000km. Available within 3 to 4 days. I select only non disc one as I personally don not like the disc one as I do not go such speeds and the impact of sudden break with discs will leave a strain on the shoulders always, so I always opt a non disc model which is having fairly good breaks for slow speeds.

Honda Dream Yuga : Brand new one from Honda, good looking, good pick up, silent engine, refined one little bit lacks in finish compared to shine, but its not a big issue. good seating position. Handle bar is little small and down, but not a big issue. Revs very good and good breaking too. They say same proven engine of Twister, So can take a chance. On road Rs.56000/- booking time 15 to 20 days(little concern as I am bike-less now). Suspension is not soft as Shine, but showroom guy say that its just brand new vehicle was given for TD, hence it it will become like shine after 1 to 2 servicing.

Honda Aviator - Good looking(some people may differ on this), good height for people like me, I feel it is better than Activa and its front suspension is very good like a bike. Seating is also good. If I have to go for a Scooter is this good , only the thing is I need to avoid a path hole , speed beakers roads as far as possible and everything will be plus, the luggage space,easy driving, no clutch , no gears all this stuff.

Bajaj discover 100 4g - Nice bike good pick up, on road 51000/- suspension looks to be ok. I have only one thing that its realiability, maintenance, durability to use for 5 years minimum, rattling in long run and any other issues, since it is bajaj.

I look for your finalization among the above quickly with reasons.

Thread Starter #21
Hey guys,

Please reply faster as I have to buy one tomorrow !![cry]

Honda Shine or Honda Dream Yuga or Bajaj Discover 100 4G or Honda Aviator [confused]

|My Uncle have Aviator, I have driven it many times for months. One thin g I felt is it have good heavy body that holds the road even on high speeds. I am not sure, but I think it have same egine from Honda Activa.

Thread Starter #23
Now it seems Aviator also going out of my list reasons are :

At home my family says, I do not match to a scooter due to my height
The kind of road I daily commute which has speed breakers,mud road, path holes, hence I have to really slow down every where and accelerate, hence they say it is not good for my body as I get back pain and others.
The price is also most near to any bike On road 55,500/-, why do you buy a scooter at bike price.
They say any day bike is best for better control and better mileage to due to the rising petrol prices.

Now the total segment is shifted to the bikes and at home they want me to choose between Honda shine and Dream Yuga due to the reliability, mileage, comfort, resale value. So now I am looking at bike segment only and you are open to suggest any good bike with reliability, long time use, good height, seating position, good suspension, reasonable mileage and bit withing the budget of 60000/- or below.

Friends please through your suggestions quickly on this as I have to do and book some thing day

It's better you start a new thread or request mods to rename this thread.

Here is my opinion:

Best Bike to buy in 150cc segment= r15
Best Bike to buy in 125cc segment= SS125 , discover 125 sports tourer
Best Mileage Bike available in India= discover 100 , passion pro , twister

One more to addition to your confusion - you can try Yamaha SZ-X (SZ-R with disc brakes), Smooth engine and good pickup with decent mileage of 50-55kmpl.

Thread Starter #26
I did the TD of Dream Yuga once again today and I think more moving towards it.

I am going to settle in 100/110cc segment except shine

Yamaha - There is no good vehicle in this segment and 125cc vehicles like SS125,SZ-R body built is heavy unnecessarily. I have my doubts about their mileage and service set ups pathetic performance

Bajaj : I have taken out from my list due to their built quality,fit and finish. Also for their service problems and long run durability, re sales issues.

Hero : Honda is missing and new hero vehicles lack this and same old models.

Suzuki : one sold just now service centers are pathetic

Honda : Some what comfortable proven models, good looking bikes, good refinement.

Now the tie is mostly between Shine and Dream Yuga and Dream Yuga may win the race with its fresh looks, 110cc , good pick up, good engine sound, good seating position, good mileage(claimed and have to believe Honda reliability on this).

Please comment !!

Mod: Please change the Thread name to " Which bike to buy in 100-125cc" and de-activate the poll

Thread Starter #27
Moderators : I think this thread can be closed now as I have posted a new thread as the topic shifted from scooters to bikes.

i must appreciate your decision cuz now a days scooters are gearing up in terms of overall features and performance. Honda, TVS, Mahindra Vespa and etc. these kind of companies are really doing very well scooters segment. But i have been impressed more by mahindra company and their painstaking effort to do something different. I dont if it is their tradition or style that every time when they launch new product it is always been gratified with unique feature.

For me mahindra duro will be best gear-less scooter. Marvellous handling with smooth ride and great comfortableness goes easy on pocket.

Thread Starter #29
@Speedy

Thank you for your views, but a scooter is not really enough for a bad roads, speed breakers and path holes hence I decided again go for a bike. I have posted a new thread for bike already.

@Speedy

Thank you for your views, but a scooter is not really enough for a bad roads, speed breakers and path holes hence I decided again go for a bike. I have posted a new thread for bike already.
If that's the case then I think Mods should be closing this thread. All the best for your new bike buying.

Top Bottom