Switching From Bike To Gearless Scooter

bike or scooter & if scooter which and why

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread Starter #1
I am mostly decided to change from my existing bike Suzuki Slingshot + to a gearless scooter for reasons like, family purpose,carrying more luggage is easy. My daily commuting is max 5km.

With all the available scooters in the market, still my mind looks at Honda Activa being the same is a proven vehicle and has bit less CC which will help in bit of a more mileage. One more reason to look at this is its built and shape which is little Fat and match to a tall person like me. I have checked all other scooters Suzuki,Mahindra,TVS etc., and felt this Honda will be suitable for me.

I request all the Activa owners and others to share your experience with this vehicle and also the suspension of this vehicle

I am more keen to know on its suspension in speed breakers,bad roads, path holes.

I am 5'10"

Mod: I am starting this thread after reading all the previous threads most of them not active now and hope you approve my move.

Re: Changing from Bike to Gearless Scooter

Honda Activa is the best in the market. Others are good as well. I personally own Suzuki Access 125, But I personally dont like it. But that does not mean that Access is bad scooter. The only reason we bought access is because of long waiting period of Activa and less height of Access. As you are 5'10", I dont think so the height of scooter will be problem for you. If you are ready to wait then go ahead and book Activa. When we talk about suspensions, I always hear a thud sound when I hit a pothole. [:D]. But I hope thats not damaging the suspensions of scooter.

We have two Honda Activa at home, one for dad and other for my wife. Believe me it is the most smooth Two Wheelar I ever rode. Go for it and it gives a mileage about 45 for sure in Bangalore.

Though I have voted for Bike but for short distance commute say 5-10 Km Activa is the best and it's a more shopisticated vehicle for groceerie shopping, I say it as Nano with two wheels and it is very easy carry grocerries for 15 days.

Go for Activa, you will never feel that it lacks of power and these days Honda is delivering Activa within a week.

I was slightly wondered that you have not included Vespa??

Thread Starter #4
We have two Honda Activa at home, one for dad and other for my wife. Believe me it is the most smooth Two Wheelar I ever rode. Go for it and it gives a mileage about 45 for sure in Bangalore.

Though I have voted for Bike but for short distance commute say 5-10 Km Activa is the best and it's a more shopisticated vehicle for groceerie shopping, I say it as Nano with two wheels and it is very easy carry grocerries for 15 days.

Go for Activa, you will never feel that it lacks of power and these days Honda is delivering Activa within a week.

I was slightly wondered that you have not included Vespa??
Thank you for your comments ZMR

Vespa looks to me bit costly. Yamaha still to introduce one. This time I want to go with a proven vehicle like Honda Activa than a new entrant

Honda Activa is the best in the market. Others are good as well. I personally own Suzuki Access 125, But I personally dont like it. But that does not mean that Access is bad scooter. The only reason we bought access is because of long waiting period of Activa and less height of Access. As you are 5'10", I dont think so the height of scooter will be problem for you. If you are ready to wait then go ahead and book Activa. When we talk about suspensions, I always hear a thud sound when I hit a pothole. [:D]. But I hope thats not damaging the suspensions of scooter.
Thank you Dharmesh for your valuable inputs. thud is common I feel and it also tells you that suspension is working well[clap]

Last edited by a moderator:

Other thing I forgot to mention is the FE access gives is low as compared to Activa. I have never took pain to measure it but I know it is not giving good FE. We dont use the scooter generally, We use PUNTO. But only when I alone go somehwre or dad alone we use it.

Yeah access gives lesser mileage than Activa.

In my opinion two things that pulls Activa back is its service and weight. Man it's really heavy. Service is also not that good and the spares are not easily available.

Thread Starter #7
I started looking at Honda Activa, Access, Wego. Read around 200 reviews yesterday about all these three vehicles on Mouthshut(mods, I hope I am not violating the rules, I just mentioned it as a source where I read them).

About Honda Activa - Lot of positive posts on this and I have seen on the most of the posts people are not really happy with its suspension in bad roads and path holes !!

About Suzuki Access - Most of the posts say that it is very powerful and can go fast on the road and people were not happy with its service and few about its suspension

About Wego - Surprised comments, More people are happy, lot of complaints too in the initial stage of launch and most of them are happy saying the problems were rectified to large extent. More people praise for its telescopic suspension, height, handling and rear suspension, very good mileage and petrol fill is convenient outside not below the seat.

This morning I happened to go to a friends house where they have one Access and one Wego. Access is 8 months old, Wego is 1-1/2 years old and clocked 9000km. When I was chatting with them, they are 3 brothers and elder is my close friend. One who uses Wego says he never faced a single problem with the bike and very satisfied. The other one who uses the Access says its best and got lot of pick up and power.

Then I drove both of the vehicles this morning in little bad roads and I got the below feeling

Wego - It is really effective on suspension side as front telescopic takes the uneven roads very smooth and rear suspension is great. Vehicles is very light and fun to drive. Seat is little high which suited me very well. Alloy wheels are good and wheel size is also bigger. Vehicle looks bit slim.

Access - Yes it got very good power, it just zooms when you turn the accelerator and good pick up too. height wise it is bit less and front suspension I can feel thad thad jumping transferred to my hands and rear suspension too bit stiff.

In both of the above, Wego looks to me great and it is 1-1/2 years old and it is just perfect and I also liked its breaking it stops whenever you want.

Now elder brother who is my friend who uses only car and he has used both of those bikes at home and insist me to opt for Honda Activa which is still to do the TD by me.

I will have to do the TD of Honda Activa today. Apart from the above, I have just seen a Hero Maestro a new offering from Hero motocorp which looks like Honda Activa from back and Aviator from front. A white colored one was going with full load of a family this morning. I do not know how is this.

This is my feed back and I wish that users of these vehicles and others to respond on this as I am giving out my Suzuki slingshot bike today and become bike-less and need to get one quickly but bit carefully choosing it.

Apart from all these scooters story, do I need to look at any bike which will be more comfortable ?? I do not want to spend more than Rs.60000/-(Max) this time and less is also good for me.

Last edited:
If ride quality is your main criteria you can blindly go for Wego,it's a very competent product with keen pricing it has lot's to offer than the overpriced Activa.

Hi,
I own a Honda Activa. Bought it a year ago. My daily commute to office and back to home is max 15 kms. According to my opinion its one of the best gear less two wheeler. Its very easy to drive and has lots of space to carry more luggage. I have crossed speed of 80 kmph many a times without any dis balance or losing of control. But I mostly drive in the speed limit of 35-45 kmph and I am getting a mileage of 55+ kmpl. [:)]. I will suggest you to go for activa.

Hi gurrala74, if you are not looking for mileage I would suggest Access.

I own one from 2 years, clocked 60k kms. Dint give much trouble, except one major overhaul at 50k kms costed me around 5k. Changed 4 tyres.
Spares are not too costly, ASS is also good.

Every 2k kms I get the oil changed and 5k kms the air filter and oil filter.

Till now I was able to extract 48kmpl as max mileage. Usually in B'lore traffic get 35kmpl very rarely I get 40kmpl.

Presently running on synthetic oil, so avg has increased to 38-42kmpl.

Thread Starter #11
I have given off my Suzuki bike today and became bike-less. borrowed a Honda Activa just now from a neighbor just and came to office.

My initial feeling of driving this scooter on my regular way bad road which is for 2km is good than my bike. It was effortless to drive this Activa and it is better handling the speed breakers and not felt any strain. May be this is too early for me to judge this. I am going to use this for next 2 days and I have to see how it behaves.

Again most of my friends suggesting me to go for a bike again[confused] what to do now ??
There is no waiting for Activa now, it is available off the shelf and I have decide quickly in two days as I have to return this Activa to my friend back. So through all your suggestions quickly on all the scooters and bikes quickly please.
My only doubt about Wego is this time I will have to keep any vehicle I purchase for at least 5 years and I doubt about its shape in 5 years. This is the reason thinking about Activa which is good in that area long term use I feel.
Any how very much confused at the moment, I look for real solution from my TAI freinds

Thread Starter #12
If ride quality is your main criteria you can blindly go for Wego,it's a very competent product with keen pricing it has lot's to offer than the overpriced Activa.
What about its durability in 5 years time from now ??

Even though Wego is OK in all aspects, I am bit afraid of experimenting once again !!

I have given off my Suzuki bike today and became bike-less. borrowed a Honda Activa just now from a neighbor just and came to office.

My initial feeling of driving this scooter on my regular way bad road which is for 2km is good than my bike. It was effortless to drive this Activa and it is better handling the speed breakers and not felt any strain. May be this is too early for me to judge this. I am going to use this for next 2 days and I have to see how it behaves.

Again most of my friends suggesting me to go for a bike again[confused] what to do now ??
There is no waiting for Activa now, it is available off the shelf and I have decide quickly in two days as I have to return this Activa to my friend back. So through all your suggestions quickly on all the scooters and bikes quickly please.
My only doubt about Wego is this time I will have to keep any vehicle I purchase for at least 5 years and I doubt about its shape in 5 years. This is the reason thinking about Activa which is good in that area long term use I feel.
Any how very much confused at the moment, I look for real solution from my TAI freinds
Dear Activa is well trusted, you will never regret about Activa, it has one of the most butter smooth engine, flat and broad platform for groceries shopping and the best feature is it's mileage.
One of my friend has Suzuki access and she always complain about it's mileage as it hardly cross over 35KmPl.
I never have trust in TVS motor but please get a better feedback from someone who owns Wego. But one of my friend used Activa for 5 years and now using Wego and he said Activa is better than Wego.

You know why Suzuki access and Wego sold in some good numbers as Activa had 3 months waiting time.

Why cannot you give a thought for HERO Maestro??

What about its durability in 5 years time from now ??

Even though Wego is OK in all aspects, I am bit afraid of experimenting once again !!
If you are not too sure about this product and prefer Honda over it, then my advice for you is to go for Hero Maestro as it has the same Engine and underpinning's of Activa, the advantage of this is Hero has a better service Quality,cost & reach than Honda.

Top Bottom