Swift VXi Weird Noise from the Hood

Thread Starter #1
Hi guyz,

Its with my swift, which makes a weird noise at times. Mostly when the car is in idle condition (turned on) and when I bring the car to neutral when I am about to stop or on a declined road.

I thought it must be the bearing sound from the tyres, but along with that I get this too... something like tak-tak- tak- tak annoying.[anger]

I took to a mechanic close by, he told some belt has gone under the engine (I heard him say water belt/ bottom belt... is there something called like that.
He told he cant fix it, needs to be done in a service station(maruthi).

This is not a news but new generation cars are dificult to be fixed outside the autherised service centres and manufacturers keep a close guard on all the machanical knowhow .

If it is coolant belt or related stuff engine may overheat and hault.
Take it to nearest servicestation and get it fixed before something serious go wrong.

Thread Starter #3
New generation meaning the new swift? Mine is the old one.
Yes, wanted to take it the service station but those people will rectify but also tell extra stuffs to make the bill high.
Wish I knew what exactly was the problem so I can get only that fixed:frown:

I think it would be wise to say car launched from year 2000onwards as new generation.

M800 ,alto and old wagonR,gypsy could be considered as old generation.these car can be serviced and maintained in almost any workshop with basic facilities.

Top Bottom