Swift Proportionate Valve For Maruti 800

Hi Friends,

Here is an swap / upgrade of the brake proportionate valve form Swift (even Baleno has the same)on to my M800. [evil]

I have an brake booster installed I was felling braking was not upto mark, when pressed hard my car use to skid, I could fell the rear wheel's break's were not working at all..

One day saw a Valve in a Swift was thinking about it, searched on the net got some info, so taught why not swap it to my car..

Here the use of proportionate valve is it helps us to reduce the pressure on the break pedal and also proportionately distributes the braking force between all the wheels equally with out locking up the wheels.
Varun can you please tell me that, brake lines you bought were pre fabricated means did you flare yourself or it was already fabricated, flared from MGP shop Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Varun, Good work. But before modifying safety critical systems like brake kindly take some time to go through relevant literature.
A proportionating valve or PCRV (Pressure Controlled Regulation Valve) is used to reduce the pressure in rear wheel cylinder if the brake line pressure crosses some threshold.
Under normal braking scenarios the pressure inside all 4 cylinders will be the same. The PCRV is rated from some threshold pressure and a slope factor. Under a panic brake the pressure in front wheel is same as in the master cylinder. If this pressure is more than the set threshold in PCRV, the output pressure will be Threshold + (Master cylinder pressure - threshold)*slope factor. This way the pressure in the rear wheel is maintained less than front wheel to avoid a rear wheel lock which can make the vehicle unsteerable.
So, if the Swift PCRV has a threshold less than M-800 PCRV, you can get rid of M-800 PCRV and have a straight pipe. Otherwise the pressure to the rear wheels during panic brake will be less than what M-800 PCRV will allow coz the pressure follows 2 slopes (1 from swift & other from M800).
Kindly check for numbers (Other than part number) stamped in the body of M-Swift PCRV and share here. Let us see if they would indicate pressure and slope.

Thread Starter #20
Presently I am back to stock lines. Since I was running on Zen's booster with 3 line connectivity I had used the swift PCRV also as you mentioned I had removed the P valves at the rear (stock).

Now running with 800's booster with 4 line connectivity. I will any way put up the part number.

I would like to meet you for sure [:)]..

sir i am in search of a proportioning valve with pressure adjustable valve so as to get required pressure for the calipers of my vehicle. i can not buy much costly proportioning valve available online showing 3k to 9k of wilwoods. please can you suggest me one in range of maximum 1k to 2k. is the valve used by you of swift has variable pressure valve in it?? please reply urgent..[confused]

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi varun,

Great DIY with the proportionate valve. i have converted the standard brakes of suzuki 800 and installed a bolt on servo brakes of Japanese Suzuki alto. now after seeing your diy, i need to ask do i still need this valve although the pedal is soft but not like the other cars with original servos. please guide. before and after installations pics attached.

Attachments

Top Bottom