Swapping Diesel Engine in a Petrol Engine Car

If it is allowed we can swap engines for used cars also.

E.g. - Buy a Swift P and plonk a MJD engine (used). Swift P used prices are quite less compared Swift D.

Re: Petrol Engine to Diesel Engine Swap

I have owned a Standard 2000, Volvo 740 GLE and a Toyota Crown, all of which were fitted with imported diesel engines. This was ofcourse ten years ago, when getting RTO endorsement for dieselisation was not an issue. This topic is of interest to me because of various reasons outlined below. 1. I want to buy a Hindustan Trekker. One reason is its low price compared to other offroad vehicles. Other being its simple and rugged looks and low ground clearance, vast interior space, legroom, luggage space etc. People might suggest the Trax or Bolero but I prefer the Trekker for the abovementioned reasons. 2. The problems are a) Under powered Isuzu 1500 cc engine which developes a measly 37.5 HP b) only 2WD and I am seeking a 4WD vehicle. c) manual steering, which makes it extremely difficult to park in crowded places. This can be solved by fitting a larger engine for e.g. The Isuzu 2.0 L Turbo diesel with 5 speed gearbox which powers the Ambassador and used to power the Contessa. My mechanic assures me that he can convert the vehicle into 4WD with an used Mahindra gearbox and also alter the power steering assembly of a contemporary vehicle to fit the Trekker. The whole exercise would cost about 1.5 to 2 Lakhs, but you would have a top class offroad vehicle, which would be cheaper than Bolero or Trax. Question is would the RTO endorse the change of the engine? the other option is to order a tailor made vehicle from HM with a 2.0 L Isuzu engine at extra cost and carry out the other alterations. I look forward to technically sound and practically viable suggestions.
Hi Knightinarmor,
Do you have any update about your plans for HM Trekker. I was also thinking on similar lines and one of my mechanic in Kanpur in 2004 told me that 4x4 conversion is very much possible with borrowing parts from Mahindra 540/550. In-fact he said that it would best to use the 540 Engine and gearbox along with differentials. Also with little efforts, its possible to hardtop Trekker, and it will be one of the best off-roading and city car.

Can I swap diesel engine to my opel corsa

If possible which engine is suitable.

What are the total parts I have to change and how expansive it is please please let me

Top Bottom