Swapping Diesel Engine in a Petrol Engine Car

Re: Petrol Engine to Diesel Engine Swap

Are the sealed engines better than others or its just satisfaction that OK its a sealed engine . And can u tell me which engine does that old Honda city converted to diesel have which u have seen . If know which it had. And yes in Punjab its very common and one can evem legal the car here. Can it be possible to have a diesel engine Honda made from other countries car through mayapuri Delhi . If Honda produces diesel cars in other countries.

Honda is petrol,for conversion maximum people use used diesel engines imported from malasiya, thailand etc for Honda you can use Toyota 1N as it has good power with low noise

what about legal hassles?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I have heard that the engine can be end ores on the rc through middlemen and agents by spending some money here in some districts of Punjab. I am trying to gather more info about it. As jeeps and gypys can be easily legaled here. I've heard of esteems which have been legaled too

Well power isn't day important noise and mileage are the main and less after fitment problems is very very important.

a friendly advice "dont even think about conversion if endorsement on RC is not posible"
its because in event of an accident or any mis happening claim from insurance company will not be approved as you have done changes in the vehicle without the approval of RTO

Yes yes . I know it . And what's Toyota 1n specification CC and all mileage also

And will the car hold the engines weight I mean it should harm the suspension .

1500cc engine 54.2 hp at 5,200 rpm with 91 N·m of torque at 3,000 rpm. as for mileage appx 15 kmpl, car can take its weight with few small changes

How about putting a 1300cc won't that be better or near about 1300cc because diesel engines are heavier than petrol.. is there any engine in that range available. How about Nissan one which is often fitted in esteem. And does it sound more than Toyota. And can u give me the amount of noise for example less than indica ( not vista ) or more than it. And thanks for helping me bro. :). Will in need to change the gear box also. Or the present one will work

MAK Ill try to get a number of one famous diesel engine fitter in mayapuri who will explain you everything

Friends, if it is one to one discussion, why don't you use PM? I hope that should be more fruitful than single line chats in the thread.

saleem 9871136299 you can get your query done rest for best price & all give me some time & I will arrange few numbers

Mr Boss any query can be useful to anyone so its better to use thread so other people can also take benefit I dont think there would be any harm in posting here

Mr Boss any query can be useful to anyone so its better to use thread so other people can also take benefit I dont think there would be any harm in posting here
Agreed, but instead of more than 1.5 pages of chats you could have gathered / shared all the info in PM and could have summarised here in a single post. that will be very much appreciated.

Back to topic.
A month back friend of mine decided to convert his Petrol Esteem to Diesel. Is there any direct bolt on fitting option available?

No there is no bolt on option
Mountings for engine has to be built by welding & this is crucial as if any mounting is out it will result in improper balance of engine resulting in vibration gearbox can be used

Swapped diesel Engine to Petrol now not getting porper accelaration.

I have Hilux pickup 4x2. It Had 2.4D 2L engine. I swapped it to Petrol 2000cc 3Y engine. I changed all the requisites including fly wheel, clutch plate and pressure plate but still its behaving like diesel i.e it has low gearing i need to change gear so quickly like diesel but with less torque and pick. in 1st gear i can drag it maximum to 25km/h in 2nd it can go to 40km/h at 3rd gear it go like 60km/h after these speed the rpm goes up producing noise. why is it happening?? still anything need to be replaced??[confused]

friends i am new to the forum , i always had some doubts regarding this issue of changing a petrol engine with a diesel , from the above discussion its very clear that we cant do it anymore, but there are so many cars which have been converted to diesel in past and got endorsed in the rc , can you buy them and get registered to yourself? and the latest rc is a card type so what is the process for that ? is it ok to buy cars like that ? what problems will be faced ?

Hi doc1988,
First point, we can plant a Diesel Engine in a Petrol Car. Its Legally allowed and you can get endorse for the same too. Only thing here is, you want to plant a New Diesel Engine with Invoice. You want to have the Invoice attached to the RC/Insurance etc.,
For your Query, you can get the Cars which were endorsed earlier. No Problem in that Legally. Only thing, get the details of the engine before buying, which will help you to check in the market whether the Spares are available for that. If yes, you can goahead without any issues.

Top Bottom