Suzuki Twins SS80DX (1984) and Maruti 800 DX (1987)

HI Bharatj..
like what you did with the car.. you mentioned in one of your posts that your planning to fit an AC.. just wanted to know, how was the performance after installing the AC.. was the engine able to take the extra load..

Nicely maintained car. But why did you change the look. I somehow the original look was better. My sister had the exact same car with the Suzuki engine. BTW where did you get the Chinese tyres. I see you got another Chinese brand for your Ikon too. Are the Chinese tyres bad or is it just peoples perception. After all so many cars in China use them.

Thread Starter #35
Its been long time since i updated this thread.

So how is your 800 now, any upgrades / updates..
My Suzuki 800 is still good. I use it as my spare car. My dad drives her atleast weekly twice for market in heavy traffic. It is the best car to drive in traffic.

HI Bharatj..
like what you did with the car.. you mentioned in one of your posts that your planning to fit an AC.. just wanted to know, how was the performance after installing the AC.. was the engine able to take the extra load..
Still AC is not installed. We hardly use the car. But after the summer gets over i am going to give her a new ac for sure.

Your SS80 and maruti 800 looks nice,what is your future plan bharat.
My future plan to repaint her again has one lorry fella hit her at the back and slight damage to the boot. I am going to repaint her fully in another 3 months and add a AC and good music system.

Nicely maintained car. But why did you change the look. I somehow the original look was better. My sister had the exact same car with the Suzuki engine. BTW where did you get the Chinese tyres. I see you got another Chinese brand for your Ikon too. Are the Chinese tyres bad or is it just peoples perception. After all so many cars in China use them.
I just wanted a new shape 800 got her cheap so remodeled her. Chinese tyres are good initial for around 10-15k kms. Afterwards they get harder but i assure you its better than JK,Ceat and some Indian tyres. For my ikon it was awesome i didnt have any problem for 20k kms and it still looked brand new.

BTW i got them in chennai[:D]

Thread Starter #36
Oh Man i am updating the thread after 1.3yrs

Car is still running very good. Had changed the front chasis as it was corded.
Still running very good. Planning to do some work in another couple of month.

Re: Suzuki Twins SS80DX(1984) and Maruthi 800 DX(1987)

Guys i ve been so busy these days. Will post an update tomo and some more pics.
Hey Bharath,

I am loving it, the thread is driving me crazy with more cars, more restorations, and comments from great enthusiasts. I am also restoring our much loved family car Maruti Omni, has posted an old pic when it looked good, need your inputs on that

Thread Starter #38
Any help required do let me know bro. It is simple and easy to convert Omini into Type 2 ones. Do it once in for all.

Hello Bharath,

I just read your thread and it had an excellent write up. Congrats you have an classic now. Any updates about the ss80?
I have an 86 ss80 and I find it difficult to get a few spares as it is unavailable in Coimbatore. How easy it is now in pudupet or gt to get spares for ss80? I am desperately seaching for rest brake drums, side mirrors, rear seat locks, etc. Please advise.

Top Bottom