Suzuki Swish 125

How many Km you completed on your Access & Activa? what mileage you were getting on both scooters?It is right that Honda Showroom/ASS is better than Suzuki, but they charge hell lot of money for the simple things. Spares will be available, if only you service the vehicle there.if you just walk in and are asking for a spare,most of the time, the answer will be no and you want get it there for a year, if you follow up also.But just give it for service there, it'll be fixed. Spares will be available in the outside shops.
I have Suzuki Gs 150 R and a Honda Dio (3 year old) too. except the oil changes, my dio does not required any maintenance.Last time when i given it for a paid service, they charged Rs.775 and they are not filled battery water also.That scooter did not had any issues when i given to them, but next day i had to given to the local work shop to fix the screws and fill battery water.

Thread Starter #17
Access 125 and Swiss are same mechanically except cosmetic changes, i have access 125 and honda activa new , i feel activa is a little better from point of view of DIY peoples as suzuki spares are difficult to procure ... moreover the honda gy6 variant engine is much more proven as compared to the suzuki .... there is clutch issues with the access 125 i have seen many scoots with this type of issue , air box hose breakes every now and then . it sounds more at high speed also i would like to tell u that 5 years i have owned these scooters now and finally i am sure that i will go for HONDA and WEGO in future no suzukis (spares are always an issue)
I own an Access 125 since the past 4-5 years & have completed 35k kms. Its still going smooth without any issues. Never had any issues with the service centre or availability of spares too. I guess that entirely depends on the particular dealer.

Hi,
After taking test drive of TVS Wego, Honda Activa, Mahindra Duro, Vespa, and Yamaha Ray finally decided on Suzuki Swish. Superb fit and finish. Mr.Kini, Manager of Pai Sales, Mangalore was extremely helpful and within a day gave me the scooter. (Also thanks to Sriram Finance) M/s. Pai Sales had sufficient stocks of Swish in all colors, but black color was excellent. Here is my ride near Panambur beach, Mangalore. [:D]

Attachments

Thread Starter #19
Hi,
After taking test drive of TVS Wego, Honda Activa, Mahindra Duro, Vespa, and Yamaha Ray finally decided on Suzuki Swish. Superb fit and finish. Mr.Kini, Manager of Pai Sales, Mangalore was extremely helpful and within a day gave me the scooter. (Also thanks to Sriram Finance) M/s. Pai Sales had sufficient stocks of Swish in all colors, but black color was excellent. Here is my ride near Panambur beach, Mangalore. [:D]
Congratulations on your nrw ride. Ride Safe! [:D]

HI All, the first love of my life will be this scooter., bought it almost a year and a half ago, very much satisfied with it, mileage on bangalore roads are coming to 42-40kmpl. Did some mods self, headlight upgrade, indicators horn upgrade and some cosmetic graphic changes.

Last edited by a moderator:
mileage on bangalore roads are coming to 42-40kmpl.
40-42 kmpl is a very good figure for this scooter. From a personal experience, it's difficult to ride this scooter slow - the 125cc engine is so punchy and rorty that it just begs to be revved - which hurts fuel efficiency.

Hi Sam,
Thanks for the correction, I call it watssapp effect :-)

True to the core what you have said, my swish bumps a quirkyy torque just at the idle+ speed only, but trust me I have driven it on Bangalore free stretches at almost 80-90+kmph for more than 4-5 mins constant and it just feels so smooth.

Can you tell me how to send a personal message to any member in the forum,I have read a lot but just cannot find any send message compose PM buttons anywhere under user control no where,

Thanks n Regards
Scootermaniac

@ Sam Dinkar, Thanks a lot for the detailed help,Will definitely put some quality posts.Btw that means in the same topic I can post replies right or it has to be different posts/threads topics etc?

Thanks again

Scootermaniac

It has to be a total of 10 posts, irrespective of the number of threads. The moment the 'Posts' beneath your handle starts showing a figure of '10', you're good to go[drive]

Facing some problem since last service done, my observations are as below:
1.The engine is superbly smooth and hassle free till 1-2 months after service from AUthorised SC then its gives hassles

2.Screeching sound while accelerating from idle but smooth again when speeding on roads from say 30-60 normal then again from some signal stoppage again the same screeching sound and the scoter just jump throttles a bit

3.even after using quality Servo 10W-40Engine oil recently the sound have again become noisy.

4.Engine extremely overheating after driving at economy range speed even fro 15-20mins.

5.Headlight beam poor with diffferent bulbs used Halonix, Philips and currently OSram nightbreaker,Just a small update dont upgrade to > 35W bulbs as the alternator is not too powerful.

6.mileage again dips to a 35-36kmpl range recently.planning to change the refilling station from HP petrol bunk to Shell or BPL.

Kindly suggest if any solutions can be done.Thanks & Regards SCM

Last edited by a moderator:
Facing some problem since last service done, my observations are as below:
1.The engine is superbly smooth and hassle free till 1-2 months after service from AUthorised SC then its gives hassles..
Good, no?
2.Screeching sound while accelerating from idle but smooth again when speeding on roads from say 30-60 normal then again from some signal stoppage again the same screeching sound and the scoter just jump throttles a bit..
What kind of screeching sound and from where?
3.even after using quality Servo 10W-40Engine oil recently the sound have again become noisy..
What do you mean by the engine becoming noisy? The Access engine is noisier than the Activa engine and the exhaust note is also higher.
4.Engine extremely overheating after driving at economy range speed even fro 15-20mins..
How do you know that the engine is overheating? Please explain.
5.Headlight beam poor with diffferent bulbs used Halonix, Philips and currently OSram nightbreaker,Just a small update dont upgrade to > 35W bulbs as the alternator is not too powerful..
Yes. Better not to fiddle too much.
6.mileage again dips to a 35-36kmpl range recently.planning to change the refilling station from HP petrol bunk to Shell or BPL.
That's what it gives in ride-as-you-please mode. Nothing to worry.

1. What kind of screeching sound and from where?

Not sure about the location but it happens when I am just accelerating from halt, as if the gear change belt internally or something like that (sorry for poor knowledge on this), coupled with a jump start kind off thing.if you can understand like a car is in 4th gear and you start it from signal stoppage halt the kind of feel thats the same here.

2.What do you mean by the engine becoming noisy? The Access engine is noisier than the Activa engine and the exhaust note is also higher.

True I have tested with an activa engine, its much much more silent, the groove noise while accelerating is what I referred to. Since you said its fine.

3.How do you know that the engine is overheating? Please explain

-Extreme heating with exhaust, even standing close to the exhaust wearing a jeans makes you feel the heat,
-just an accidental touch by the tyre air filling guy almost burnt his fingers
-Too much of seat under storage space heating. Hot water for shower and an omlette can be eaily made using the heat!!!![;)][lol]

4.Mileage dropped because of driving more than the economy range for a long time at a stretch.

Kindly Suggest

Thanks

For the screeching problem, please get it checked at the service centre - maybe a lose belt somewhere. Rest all problems are nothing to worry about - they're all normal.

Top Bottom