Suzuki Shogun Build Off

Thread Starter #16
the bike is done, its very dirty right now but due to rains in mumbai I am not able to take clean photos. I am not able to get a proper tuning as the mainfold rubber has holes and with my resources i am unable to find one for shogun. Currently its taking more air and and not resting at idle.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #17
slightly off topic query regarding tinted helmets. Is there any law in place which prevents tinted visors for helmets. I have this helmet and a couple of times i was stopped for using it. sometimes Police saw my face and license and let me go but they said visor has to be transparent.

Attachments

Thread Starter #18
a small DIY to have the helmet compliant with India laws. i.e ISI mark. Made a vector in Corel draw, got it cut on plotter, stuck it on helmet and exposed the ISI mark. painted with Black spray can and polished with 2000 Grit polish paper.

Attachments

Ha ha! Indian jugaad (ingenuity) at its best!

P.s.: why don't you try a scooter tube for manifold? Secure it at both ends with circlips. It'd not be as good as a standard manifold but would at least not allow any air to enter through gaps.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #20
Ha ha! Indian jugaad (ingenuity) at its best!

P.s.: why don't you try a scooter tube for manifold? Secure it at both ends with circlips. It'd not be as good as a standard manifold but would at least not allow any air to enter through gaps.
that's a good option, but may not work for shogun. the outlet for power box will not allow a perfect fit. it will work in rx100/ samurai etc.

Yup. Your concern is true. Try out a bicycle tube (tighter thn a scooter tube) and secure it with a tightly wound heavy qualty thread and then put some packaging tape over it to make it pretty much air tight. Since the original manifold ishard to source, some compromise has to be made.

One of my friends had a Shogun (1997) and had kept some parts for it. Let me check out with him if he has the manifold. I will ship it to you in case I get my hands on it.

Thread Starter #22
Yup. Your concern is true. Try out a bicycle tube (tighter thn a scooter tube) and secure it with a tightly wound heavy qualty thread and then put some packaging tape over it to make it pretty much air tight. Since the original manifold ishard to source, some compromise has to be made.

One of my friends had a Shogun (1997) and had kept some parts for it. Let me check out with him if he has the manifold. I will ship it to you in case I get my hands on it.
that would be great sam if you can chk with your friends. shogun parts are hard to find. in my case every thing is done except the mainfold.

In Bangalore there are couple of TVS spare's dealer's who stock's good amount of spares for Shogun & Shaolin, if you want i can get you their contact info

Thread Starter #24
friends there a update. finally uploading the pictures after a month of completion. Rains had made the bike too dirty to take snaps. Also theres a twist in the story. While searching for the manifold, came across a shaolin. Initailly asked for the engine buy was quoted 4.5k for it. So bought the bike for 8k. its as 2000 model in working condition and stock.

Though I bought I am certain I dont have the time & money to keep 2 suzuki bikes. One option is swap the engines and sell of the shaolin with shogun engine. Another option is keep the shaolin and sell of the shogun. wondering what to do.

one more photo

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Shogun the " boss :

Friends i am restoring my shogun need some help from you . i want to buy headlight visor for my "BOSS" in black where i can get it mumbai

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Shogun the " boss :

The best place to buy the bike parts are in proper Mumbai. Grant Road , Balaram Street. You will have a lot of vendors selling the bike parts for modifications. It is one stop shopping place for bikers. [:D]

Re: Shogun the " boss :

i searched in balaram street grant road , but it is not available . any other place i can get it .

Top Bottom