Suzuki S-Cross 1.6 Alpha 6 MT Driven

Re: Suzuki S-Cross 1.6 Alpha 6MT Driven

actually friend it is DDIS 1.6, TDCI is ford's diesel engine. and the 1.6 is really a fun to drive engine and capable of doing triple digit speeds (Because i have test driven the 1.6 once), really a perfect choice. And what varient are you going for?.
He was too excited he forget which engine he was talking about! [lol]

Hello All,

I am very new on this forum and this is my first port.

I am trying to decide between the Ford Ecosport 1.5 TDCI Titanium (o) and the S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. I have test driven the ES and love the ride but find it a tad too small in terms of interiors space. I will be TD'ing the S-Cross this weekend.

I drive about 12 kms a day in typical Bangalore traffic, occasional weekend drives through the city and an highway trips every month or roughly 600 to 1200 kms.

I currently drive a 2007 Swift ZXI and have owned an I10 Sports 1.2 L petrol in the past. This will be my first diesel car.

What do you guys think? What should I consider?

Thanks in advance.

Hi guys,
I am coming back to the forum after a long gap.Is there any scross 1.6 ownership thread?I could not find scross1.6 official review thread also.Please provide the link.

Hello All,

I am very new on this forum and this is my first port.

I am trying to decide between the Ford Ecosport 1.5 TDCI Titanium (o) and the S-Cross 1.6 Alpha. I have test driven the ES and love the ride but find it a tad too small in terms of interiors space. I will be TD'ing the S-Cross this weekend.

I drive about 12 kms a day in typical Bangalore traffic, occasional weekend drives through the city and an highway trips every month or roughly 600 to 1200 kms.

I currently drive a 2007 Swift ZXI and have owned an I10 Sports 1.2 L petrol in the past. This will be my first diesel car.

What do you guys think? What should I consider?

Thanks in advance.
sorry, have made a mistake hence corrected it in this post.

If you are going to drive in bumper to bumper traffic through out that 12 km stretch then better avoid scross 1.6 and go for 1.3.It is a bit painful to drive in such conditions and you have to generously slip the clutch also,otherwise it is 1.6 all the way.Its ride quality will equialent to ecosport if not better.I have driven both and found scross ride better than ecosport.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi guys,
If you are going to drive in bumper to bumper traffic through out that 12 km stretch then better avoid scross 1.6 and go for 1.3.It is a bit painful to drive in such conditions and you have to generously slip the clutch also,otherwise it is 1.6 all the way.Its ride quality will equialent to ecosport if not better.I have driven both and found scross ride better than ecosport.
Thanks for that - I test drove the 1.6 and absolutely fell in love with it. I have booked it on Sunday last week and taking delivery this week [clap]

I have gone for the 1.6 Alpha in white.

Right now I am looking for good alloys and tyres. I tried to source Brezza alloys via the dealer but he says there are none in stock. Dealer is only selling Neo alloys.

Not sure if I should start looking outside.

Thanks....

Thanks for that - I test drove the 1.6 and absolutely fell in love with it. I have booked it on Sunday last week and taking delivery this week [clap]

I have gone for the 1.6 Alpha in white.

Right now I am looking for good alloys and tyres. I tried to source Brezza alloys via the dealer but he says there are none in stock. Dealer is only selling Neo alloys.

Not sure if I should start looking outside.

Thanks....
Stick to maruti alloys.Many are going for aftermarket alloys but i wont advise it.For my scross 1.6 I too wanted to do the same.I spoke with the tyre store owner in chennai and he said that he cannot assure or recommend any aftermarket alloy having the same quality as that of OE alloys since those alloys are designed for that vehicles. Brezza alloy spec might be same as that of scross ,so you can go for that.keep it in mind that alloy with same pcd does not mean that it is good for your vehicle.If offset values are not matching it may affect your cars suspension in the long run.

Stick to maruti alloys.Many are going for aftermarket alloys but i wont advise it.For my scross 1.6 I too wanted to do the same.I spoke with the tyre store owner in chennai and he said that he cannot assure or recommend any aftermarket alloy having the same quality as that of OE alloys since those alloys are designed for that vehicles. Brezza alloy spec might be same as that of scross ,so you can go for that.keep it in mind that alloy with same pcd does not mean that it is good for your vehicle.If offset values are not matching it may affect your cars suspension in the long run.
Makes sense, I will keep looking for the brezza alloys if not will stick to stock. What accessories have you got on your ride?

Nothing much,I got delta variant and opted for the delta accessories kit which includes alloy wheels,fog lamps,reverse cam and navigation system which costed 15k.Later on i changed my head lights to philips extreme vision,cr 70 for front windshield.Thats it buddy.Planning to upgrade to touch infotainment system a little later.Exchanged JK tyre and got continental tyres.

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Nothing much,I got delta variant and opted for the delta accessories kit which includes alloy wheels,fog lamps,reverse cam and navigation system which costed 15k.Later on i changed my head lights to philips extreme vision,cr 70 for front windshield.Thats it buddy.Planning to upgrade to touch infotainment system a little later.Exchanged JK tyre and got continental tyres.
All these things for just 15k ? How did you get this deal ?

It is just the cost of Navigation system I believe[:D].

Regards

Akash
Nope,it is for 15k only.That was an offer given during dec 2015 for delta variant at reduced price to push the sales.Its not applicable now but when i asked my dealer regarding this last month he said that accessory pack is available,thats it.fitted the alloy wheels and fog lamps and collected the reverse cam and navigation unit in hand.Thinking about selling the garmin navigation unit and reverse cam so that i can get back 10k [:D].One more thing ,if i find a buyer who can take the OE alloy wheels for 12K , I would sell it and go for brezza optional alloys for the 15k which is spent earlier.[lol]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #41

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Nope,it is for 15k only.That was an offer given during dec 2015 for delta variant at reduced price to push the sales.
All the mentioned accessories for just 15K?? Man!! Indeed you were darn lucky that way.[clap]

One more thing ,if i find a buyer who can take the OE alloy wheels for 12K , I would sell it and go for brezza optional alloys for the 15k which is spent earlier.
Put them up in our classifieds section and you can also post them on the other sites like OLX, Quikr etc.

Regards

Akash

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

@ Akash :p

@ marinera - why give them 15k :p anyways as Akash suggested post it in Tai classifieds. And you have the screen as well with the camera ?

@ Akash :p

@ marinera - why give them 15k :p anyways as Akash suggested post it in Tai classifieds. And you have the screen as well with the camera ?
yes, i have both screen as well as camera.I am planning to procure touch screen infotainment so will wait for some time and post.

Today went for a test drive of S-Cross as my beast(Fluidic Verna) met with an unfortunate accident and is totally destroyed .
Few points on S-Cross:- 1) The car doesn't feel like maruti it has nice build quality then its siblings, interior quality is also good.
2) The car has a fantastic engine 1.6 has plenty of torque,though i would miss the linear power delivery that beast had .
3) Some of the parts shared with it's cheaper cousin's robs the premium feel [frustration].
4) It would have been nice if maruti provided 6 airbags it would have made the car a complete package.
Will certainly consider this car while making the final decision overall nice package by Maruti[clap].

Top Bottom