Suzuki Dealer Crashed New Access 125 & Covered It Up

Thread Starter #1
After a lot of debates and searchers, my Friend booked a Suzuki Access 125 as his father also has the same vehicle and is satisfied with it. He booked it at SRI ARUN SUZUKI, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu. After booking the vehicle on 8-June-2020 they promised to deliver the vehicle within 4 days from the date of booking, but for no reason they delayed for over 14 days even when the vehicle was in their stockyard 4 days back, we did our PDI that day. When we told them we would take the delivery of vehicle on 22-july-2020 evening, they made us wait for one hour in the showroom without any proper responses even when asked about it. After delivery of the vehicle we found that the odometer reading was at 65 kms, when asked about it they didn't gave a proper response for that too.

Finishing all the document process and when reaching home my friend found that side panel fitting was misaligned with couple of screws missing in the body fitment. Since we had done PDI a couple of days back, we didn't check the vehicle as it was already frustrating for us to wait. My friend immediately took a photo of it and sent to the respective Sales Advisor. He told me to bring the vehicle next day. We dropped it in the morning to get it fixed and they told us it would be ready by 3pm in the evening. We went to take the vehicle at 3 in the evening on 23-july-2020 and again made us wait for over two hours without giving any proper explanations. We got very frustrated and made an online complaint in the Suzuki Two-wheeler's website immediately mentioning poor sales and poor customer satisfaction. The day after My friend got a call from suzuki regarding the complaint and he told them the issues have been responded by the dealership.

He was waiting to get the particular vehicle registration number from the RTO to register the vehicle. He got his vehicle registered at 10-august-2020. From 11th august his whole area was under quarantine as a family member of his was tested positive for Covid-19. So he couldn't use his vehicle for another two weeks as they were quarantining under government norms. On 23rd of august while washing his vehicle, He found scratches at various places on the right side front inner and outer panel of the vehicle where the screws was missing on the time of delivery. The foot rest was also damaged. He got suspicious, then after making a detailed examination we came to know that his vehicle was crashed and repaired before delivering it to him, which was the reason the dealer delayed the delivery.

We went back to dealer and asked for the explanation, they were found guilty and didn't give us a proper response. We demanded for a new vehicle or compensation for the damage. They refused to do the both and said that they could only replace the damaged parts. We refused it and mentioned them that we paid the amount for the new vehicle, not the one which was used, crashed and repaired. Suzuki Access is by no means a cheap vehicle. It costs a Whopping 1 Lakh OTR in Tamil Nadu and no matter the cost of the vehicle, a customer or vehicle shouldn't be treated this way. We have mailed to the Suzuki and waiting for their response. If it doesn't get sorted, he is ready to take it to the Consumer Court.

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-26 at 9.04.29 AM (1).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-26 at 9.04.29 AM (2).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-26 at 9.04.29 AM (3).jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-26 at 9.04.29 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-26 at 9.04.55 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2020-08-26 at 9.05.49 AM.jpeg

Last edited:

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Oh, that's a very bad experience with a brand new scooter - sorry to hear that. It seems the dealer has made something which they all aware, hence avoiding any explanation for what happened to a new scooter. Keep chasing Suzuki guys (keep sending reminders) as only they can now help you, I think.

Thread Starter #3
Yes. Their customer care seemed to respond quickly earlier. So this time also we are expecting the same. He has sent the mail today morning and we hope they will get back to us soon.

Very sad to hear this incidence, feel sad for your friend, purchasing a vehicle is very special and emotional to all of us, and ending up with such a situation is a nightmare! This looks like a case where maybe the vehicle has been used post your PDI & mostly the Service Advisor, Team Lead or the handlers have messed it up and tried to do a quick coverup. You said your friend contacted the dealer after noticing this, who was the point of contact? The SA, TL or the Dealership GM, if you are dealing with the first two i.e. the SA & TL it is useless, try to get into contact directly with the upper level i.e. the dealership GM, if you have got in contact with the GM, give him a polite earful and tell him that although you can go to consumer court, you would like to settle this by replacing the vehicle with a new one. Also ask him for the contact of the area/zonal manager for Suzuki Two Wheelers(generally available at dealership written on some board), call up the zonal manager and repeat the same thing to the zonal manager, let him know that you can raise this issue in consumer court as well as social media, but you really dont intend to if the vehicle is replaced. Generally the Zonal managers are proactive and things can get rectified quickly. In today scenario, where there is a hanging sword on jobs the last thing a dealership or zonal manager wants is to det involved in a rip off incedent and loose his job. Already sales are low and the higher ups understand one such incedent reported in the area results in loss of hundereds if not thousands of potential customers due to dilution of brand name and anyways suzuki is really not up there in terms of sale numbers. The email way might be slow and frustating.

Thread Starter #5
It was initially The SA for for the first time. Then when my friend noticed the scratches, he called up the SA. He said he had relieved from the job. So we went to the showroom, gave an earful to the TL, and even got hold of the GM, gave him an earful and got into a big argument, luckily no expletives were used by both the sides. We will see what the customer care replies back to us then decide on further course of action.

This looks like a case where maybe the vehicle has been used post your PDI & mostly the Service Advisor, Team Lead or the handlers have messed it up and tried to do a quick coverup.
This is what we suspected and their actions reflect on it. If it wasn't their mistake, then why would they bother to promise us to replace the damaged parts?

And the biggest part is, my friend wouldn't have bothered if they had informed him about the mishap beforehand. He got pissed off because they covered it up, obviously they would do it to save their face.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
That's a bad experience. But now no point in getting angry, your friend will not enjoy his new ride. Ask them to repair all the damages you can see and ask them for free service coupons , extended warranty etc. And you will only waste time in the consumer court. Courts too are working only criminal cases and that too online.
Nobody can change what has happened, work on the solution and come to an agreement.

Thread Starter #7
The showroom is not willing to compensate. In fact they are claiming that we damaged the vehicle after 11th August. Their GM was worse. He even said that we should repair the vehicle out of our own pocket and his showroom isn't responsible. I feel the Suzuki guys will interfere and settle the matters.

deville_56

Honoured Member
You should've checked and notified them before delivery, now they can clearly wash off their hand and prove damage by customer. Only hope here is how Suzuki is gonna deal with the matter. I had similar experience with RE and refused to take the delivery, and they gave in writing, they will repair at their cost.

Looks like they replaced the body panels already as there is scratch only in the black panel and missing clips, and they did all in a hurry. Just because of their ignorance, customer came to know.

My suggestion would be, if the scooter is not showing any mechanical/alignment issues, try to get it fixed by them.

(Telling about real dealership horror stories, cousin worked as SA, and he said hardly any car used to be delivered without repairing transit damage at the dealership he used to work. They lost the dealership when one of the staffs took a flagship model out as wedding care awaiting next day delivery and crashed it. They repaired the car overnight and delivered without passing any suspicious. Due to some stupidity of the staff, customer found it and rest is history).

Thread Starter #9
Looks like they replaced the body panels already as there is scratch only in the black panel and missing clips, and they did all in a hurry. Just because of their ignorance, customer came to know.
Absolutely.

My suggestion would be, if the scooter is not showing any mechanical/alignment issues, try to get it fixed by them.
Thats my suggestion, but my friend says the showroom at the least owes him an apology.

(Telling about real dealership horror stories, cousin worked as SA, and he said hardly any car used to be delivered without repairing transit damage at the dealership he used to work. They lost the dealership when one of the staffs took a flagship model out as wedding care awaiting next day delivery and crashed it. They repaired the car overnight and delivered without passing any suspicious. Due to some stupidity of the staff, customer found it and rest is history).
Thats too bad.

Top Bottom