Suzuki Baleno RS Boosterjet: Racing Smartly

Not convincing.

Am I the only person who disagree with their verdict?
Of course not, GT TSi is leagues ahead in terms of technology and build. It has all the elements you have in a sport badge (relative to India!). I'm one of few owners of VW who is very vocal of certain things of their car, but you have got to compare apples to apples. A hot hatch is for someone who drives their car sporty and things like seating 5, transmission tunnel, ASS, practicality and space should be thrown to the bin for comparison. If you need them, you should be comparing the regular Polo and Baleno.

If you compare the badges, TSI scores way above RS even when it comes to VFM!

Thread Starter #17

Akash1886

Honoured Member
All I can say upon reading the views of a reputed blog, GT TSI except for rear seating comfort stays much ahead than the RS Baleno. There is a difference in a True Hot Hatch and a Wannabe!

Regards

Akash

Maruti Suzuki Baleno RS becomes an instant hit - delivers an average of 800-1000 cars a month.

Maruti Baleno RS is selling almost around 800-1000 units which is a promising news for the company as it is not an affordable model by any measure with its price tag of INR 8.69 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
Link

Hi friends, this is my 1st post in theautomotiveIndia. I am planning to buy Baleno RS. And I had doubts regarding the performance. After reading the acceleration figures of less than 10 seconds I'm quite happy now. when we think about performance of Baleno, there is no need of bringing polo tsi or abarth into the equation, when you needed an all-rounder with good space mileage comfort performance service etc. Baleno RS seems the best option. I think this engine should be at least on par with the 1.6L engines that we seen in the cars like sx4, fiesta, and city as they all had less than 150NM torque, ~100BHP power, 0-100 in 11.x seconds.
And for enthusiast people who are considering polo tsi, just for the driving thrill should consider a low mileage used Laura tsi.

Hello All, just like the previous post, this is my first post here. I own a Baleno RS, which has done 8k kms, its 4 months old and has been a pleasure driving around with it. Looking forward to open an ownership review of the car soon, with all my experiences so far and going into the third service soon.

Baleno RS is quick. I was not very impressed with the car when I drove first time. The power delivery is too linear and not exciting. The car is actually fast, faster than even S-Cross 1.6, but our butt dyno doesn't appreciate it haha.

Top Bottom