Like front and rear chrom strips etc

Thread Starter #272

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Hello everyone
Can anybody explain about all accessories in delta model
Which are not explained anywhere like in baleno pamplats

Like front and rear chrom strips etc
I would personally suggest you to not to buy accessories from NEXA. Go for branded aftermarket alternatives. From NEXA buy a gear lock and body cover only. The added chrome stripes and all are not of much value addition until it comes as factory fitted. Rest you may surely take your call on the same.

Regards

Akash

Thanks@ Akash
I was talking about factory fitted goodies

Anyway thanks

@ Akash

Could u please elaborate this (5% and 8℅ tax on car) policy
Harry is talking about in post no 270

@Akash
In post no 270

Booked
Baleno
Diesel
Deta
In granite grey colour
Peoples are saying there is a waiting period of 30 to 32 weeks
Dealer is saying that I will got the car in one month
Let's see
Now the wait begins

@ Ameyam
Thanks buddy
My experience with nexa up to booking is not good

First I buying this car through CSD(canteen store department)
Which provides all goods to persons of all three defence forces at subsidised rates
I.e vat of 12.5℅ is off to us
Yes! I m a soldier
So most of the nexa reps don't know CSD procedure
I called no of showrooms
But wasn't satisfied with them
Problem! I m retiring in August
Baleno eating period is more
So they weren't ready to give me Availability certificate which is required to process my documents in CSD
I talked to CSD higher authorities
They told me that ofcourse I can get an availability certificate of the car mentioned that car will be provided when allotted by manufacturer
All this talk started on first April
And I wasted two and half months in it
When I was ready to buy diesel
Dealers told me that they can provide petrol earlier
Then when I decided to go for petrol due to some news on diesel in delhi and Kerala
Dealers told me it won't be possible before my retirement
But diesel car can be given in a month as less demand of diesel cars
This period was very hectic
Finally booked Baleno Delta diesel In Grey colour
Now waiting finger crossed
Let's see I m able to get it before retirement

@buntychauhan,

I really like your habit of writing bullet points rather than in one paragraph.[;)]

The diesel Baleno is more torquey, ala Swift. The petrol is more linear. The diesel is also a bit noisier as you can hear the engine note. Depending on you as a person, you may not like like the diesel sound and enjoy it
The thing is, diesel make sense only if you drive at least 1.5-2k km a month otherwise the additional cost of the diesel car and its maintainence wont payback within its usable life
If the car isint going to materialize by August or if no one is sure, I would suggest, you make a parallel booking for another car, may be the Jazz or the i20. Both of these have a month long waiting and you can always cancel either booking and avail the refund depending on whats available. The Jazz is a more comfortable (for older individuals) as its easier to get in and out of but less sporty option. The i20 has smaller ingress / egress in the rear and the best interiors. The Jazz diesel is really perky. Both cars are more expensive spec to spec than the Baleno. Both cars will have a good ownership experience if used gently

Ameyam

Got a chance to test drive Baleno full option petrol ,as detailed review was posted i am just commenting on my view-

NEXA Experience-
Nice courtesy ( I didn't feel any difference from others) during welcoming
Test Drive limited to 2km(As i came along with my friend so total4km)[anger]
I couldn't complain as this we just went for test drive not for buying.

On vehicle -
Exteriors- 1.Nice looks
2.Rear has a extra bit chrome which i didn't like personally.
3.Projector and DRl superb,wish i had this in my swift
4.Alloys are impressive but no where as the finish of diamond cut of hyundai.

Interiors
1.Good amount of features but car looks plain.(Passenger airbag area in swift has rugged design ,this one is plain ,so bit off.
2.Armrest literally no use.(My driving position is neither too back nor too front)
3.Rear has good legroom,better than claustrophobic design of swift.
4.Console is superb with its display parameters like torque and power

Added points of vehicle exterior and interior-
Due to its length and slight width increase than swift ,the car has good road feel ,but height is compromised.Its a car which has Sedan feel but not a hatch.

Drive review-
1.Underpowered than swift
2.Steering was light.
3.Less body weight is shown in ride.
4.Poor braking.
Personally i felt swift's petrol engine better .

Overall i would rate exterior- 8/10
Interior- 7/10
Performance-6/10

Last edited:
Probably because you are used to the Swift's upfront torque & need the brakes to react equally fast. The Baleno is more sedan, so needs to be driven more smoothly. Its a lond adjustment period. Having been through it, i find my Zeta's brakes very adequate. Remember you were also driving a long suffering test drive vehicle also

Ameyam

Can anybody suggest which is better banks to finance and what are the measure to be taken to reduce the interest rate and to save some money during EMI's.

So I did a test drive of the Baleno CVT (Delta) trim the other day, just on a bit of a whim, since I had some time to spare. My dad had remarked that the Baleno looks good in terms of interior space when it was displayed at a Mall in Pune, so I thought, it is a good chance to really feel the car a bit. So here i was at the Nexa Baner showroom, which was, as usual buzzing about with grey clad salesmen and eager families with kids.
I was made to wait for few minutes while the SA was dealing with other people, meanwhile I checked out the car.

Note:-My comparison is largely with the Micra CVT which I own currently. Both cars have a 1.2 litre petrol engine, although Baleno is slightly higher on power/torque (83 vs 77 bhp, 115nm vs 104). Micra is a 3-pot motor.

Walk Around Impressions

Positives- Exterior- good, if not great, design, like the headlamp style on the top-end models.
Interior- good driver's seat, bolstering in the right places, plenty of leg room at the rear after adjusting for my height, which for reference, IS 5ft 10in[lol].
Very good boot space, inspite of the higher loading point.
Negatives-
*you do feel a bit hemmed in because of the black interior, even compared to the Micra. Also, the door panels flex and the plastic-quality doesnt feel durable enough.
*I also observed a number of weld spots around the boot area which were not well finished.
* Lastly, no engine underbody protection for petrol variants.
* Ingress-egress could be a challenge for the elderly
* Rear seat squab is not good enough.

Test Drive Car Condition:

I was provided a Delta CVT version that was poorly maintained or perhaps recently damaged, because the driver side door creaked and groaned like a Jurassic Park dinosaur! A major negative for the so-called Nexa premium experience!
Next, I asked the SA about the Zeta CVT, he told me flatly, there is NO Zeta CVT offered by Maruti!- I asked him to call up right there and confirm. He did so, and then apologized, with the typical excuse- "I have just recently joined". A Major negative for the Nexa Premium experience again!
Before starting off, I was adjusting the ORVMs and realized that the rearview mirror was missing! Upon enquiry, he remarked that the car had been damaged in an accident, so they had not yet installed the rearview mirror, and then another standard excuse- "today is a Sunday" so maintenance cannot be done.
I was fuming by now, and could have chosen to walk away right there, and perhaps haul up the head of that dealership, but then I did want to get a feel of the car, albeit in a slightly degraded safety condition.

The Drive- I felt the Baleno CVT responded in a pretty similar manner to my Micra CVT, except that the acceleration felt a bit more linear during the light pedal inputs. The application of the "sport" mode yielded pretty much similar results, more noise than action initially, and then a burst of acceleration.Again, it felt a bit more linear. On the negative side, the engine was noisier than the Micra, and in general, the sound insulation of the cabin was poor.
The steering was quick and the car was agile to respond, which was expected of the platform, perhaps a tad better than the Micra. The road undulations also seemed to be filtered through better, again attributed to the longer wheelbase of the Baleno vis-a-vis the Micra.

Overall reaction:- As I expected, the car performed par-for the course, nothing overtly exciting, and exactly like a typical Maruti Suzuki product. And in the same vein, it seems to have its share of negatives as mentioned above.
Lastly, the shabby quality of dealership experience continues- poorly maintained car, ignorant salesmen wooing regular customers with afforable prices and touting huge waiting lists as if it were a privilege to own a car! No amounts of "tea, coffee, water and grey suits" is going to change this.

14 years and 6 cars in India- I am fed up of complaining about this now, frankly.

Last edited:
Re: Hello From Madhu

Hi Rajas,

I have not installed the chrome strip. I was only told by by RM that it is available as an accessory from NEXA. It costs around 4K.

Re: Hello From Madhu

Hi Rajas,

I have not installed the chrome strip. I was only told by by RM that it is available as an accessory from NEXA. It costs around 4K.
Sir many on fb group have stated the cost of chrome strip to be under 3k, I request you to buy online from MGA.

Top Bottom