Surprise! Skoda Launches Fabia Scout in India at Rs.6.79 Lakhs

Re: SKODA launches FABIA SCOUT @6.79lakh ex showroom

I really don't understand how Professional & Multinational companies like Skoda/VW decide a Rediculous Price tag like they hav done with the Scout...A Stupid Move, i would say....I think they hav not understood the Asian/India market that well
Y should a person pay Rs. 8.10 lac for a small car when He/She can easily buy a Super Diesel Sedan for that price...
Skoda: A full 0 (Zero) to u.
Not only a small car but a noisy 3 pot car .

[lol] People at Skoda are out of their minds. Either they think, they can fool Indian public or fooling themselves assuming that they have a great product, a market leader in their hands and now they can fiddle with pricing. Fabia is not able to sell more than 750 units in a month now and they have launched a Fabia+grey cladding+projector head lamps at stupid price.

I think, they just wanted to launch it but do not have any interest in selling it. Like Honda Jazz, company is not producing it in big numbers instead making more Brio as Jazz at that price not gaining anything for the company.

BAD BAD BAD move by Skoda. It is be a failure

Alas, some car manufacturers never learn from their mistakes, leave alone from others'. I see scout die the same death as the initial Fabia died and what Yeti is facing right now.

We have plenty of examples that were enough for Skoda to learn how to price cars in India - their own Fabia, CHEVY SRV, Jazz, even City.

freakdude.

Alas, some car manufacturers never learn from their mistakes, leave alone from others'. I see scout die the same death as the initial Fabia died and what Yeti is facing right now.

We have plenty of examples that were enough for Skoda to learn how to price cars in India - their own Fabia, CHEVY SRV, Jazz, even City.

freakdude.
And you missed the all new fiesta too [:D]

IMHO there was a opportunity for Skoda to resurrect Fabia with Scout version and they have ruined it. My expectations from Scout were:

1. 1.6 L engine
2. 15" alloys
3. Raised suspension to increase ground clearance to atleast 200 mm
4. Price @ 6.5 L for petrol.

At this stage, Scout is just another hatch without any USP - all show but no go.

IMHO there was a opportunity for Skoda to resurrect Fabia with Scout version and they have ruined it. My expectations from Scout were:

1. 1.6 L engine
2. 15" alloys
3. Raised suspension to increase ground clearance to atleast 200 mm
4. Price @ 6.5 L for petrol.

At this stage, Scout is just another hatch without any USP - all show but no go.
No increase in GC as earlier reported?

I feel the new Fabia Scout to be a mini Estate car and I do not find any meaning in calling it a mini SUV. I personally like the Old Skoda Fabia which is a good city car.

Top Bottom