Surprise! Isuzu MU7 and D-Max Debuts in India

I am yet to find one on Hyderabad roads, They need to look into their promotion and advertising as no body knows there is a show room of ISUZU in Hyderabad

350Z

Core Team
Isuzu has commenced the local production of MU-7 SUV. Following are the prices (Ex.showroom, Hyderabad):

> MU-7 (BS-III): Rs.22,00,000

> MU-7 (BS-IV): Rs.22,30,000

Isuzu aims to expand its dealership network to 60 outlets by the end of 2015 and within next two months, 8 new dealerships will be inaugurated in South India.

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
Quick update: Isuzu has inaugurated its first dealership in Noida (Sector 63) which is spread over an area of 14,000 sq. ft.

Next locations on the cards are Gurgaon, Jaipur and Punjab by March 2015.
Speaking on the occasion, Takashi Kikuchi, Managing Director, Isuzu Motors India, said, “I am delighted to inaugurate our first dealership of Uttar Pradesh in Noida. This development marks our entry into the third largest economy of India which contributes to approximately 15% of the total automobile sales in the country. UP is a key market in Isuzu’s growth strategy for India and we are hopeful that the launch of this dealership will help us further strengthen our position.”

Shigeru Wakabayashi, Deputy Managing Director, Isuzu Motors India, added, “Uttar Pradesh is a hub of diverse commercial activities including a prosperous agricultural hub in western UP making it an exciting market for Isuzu. We are extremely happy to open our first dealership outlet of UP. This dealership will not only help Isuzu Motors enter the potential markets of Uttar Pradesh but also give access to the other parts of NCR.”
Drive Safe,
350Z

Isuzu MU7

Along with Pajero sports , I would also want to consider MU7. Could any one provide me some feedback and reviews .

Regards
Surya

Re: Isuzu MU7

Along with Pajero sports , I would also want to consider MU7. Could any one provide me some feedback and reviews .

Regards
Surya
Although never driven it but only two things I observed about this UV are:
  • It looks really BIG and handsome
  • It accelerates very well, and it does the same even till 150 kph(after that I overtook it [:D])

Isuzu Motors India to scale up production to 1.2 lakh units per year by 2016

JAIPUR: Isuzu Motors India is looking at scaling up its production to 1,20,000 units per annum in the country with an investment of Rs 3,000 crore by 2016.

The automaker today opened its first showroom here and has plans to open 60 outlets across India by end of 2015-16, its Deputy Managing Director Shigeru Wakabayashi told a press conference here.

It has also launched its sports utility vehicle MU-7 and its range of pick up trucks D-Max in the Rajasthan market.

"This dealership marks our entry into the largest state of the country (Rajasthan) which houses many industries including minerals, agriculture and textiles. And our vehicles known for ruggedness, durability and fuel efficiency will definitely appeal to our customers," he said.

Isuzu with its plant site in Sri City in Andhra Pradesh, will scale up the production capacity to 1,20,000 units per year by early 2016, with the accumulated investment of Rs 3000 crore, and is expected to generate 2,000-3,000 jobs, Wakabayashi added.

Isuzu Motor India plans to achieve 100 per cent localization within three years of commencing production in 2016, he said.
MU7-new.jpg

company web: http://www.isuzu.in/

Last edited:
Isuzu To Bring MU-X To India?

Isuzu MU-X will take on Toyota's Fortuner, Hyundai Santafe and upcoming 2.8 litre Chevrolet trailblazer.

isuzu-mux-india-launch.jpg

After the MU7 from Isuzu, which made a mark at the Indian SUV market, the brand is now planning for a much bolder SUV, the Isuzu MU-X. It could also be a MU7

Under the bonnet is 2499CC diesel engine with turbocharger mated with a 5 speed transmission, making 134HP at a peak torque of 320NM. The MU-X is capable of delivering 11.5kmpl as records. Adding to the MU-X’s appeal, the SUV comes with two drive options a 4×4 and 4×2, also comes equipped with Terrain Command, allowing you to control the traction of the SUV from a dial on the console.replacement.

Isuzu MU-X SUV aiming entry into Indian market

Re: Isuzu To Bring MU-X To India?

ISUZU India Teases Possibility of MU-7 Automatic

Jaipur: The Japanese car maker, ISUZU, will be launching an automatic transmission variant with it’s SUV MU-7 in India. The official website is showing a banner indicating that the launch will take place soon, but the exact date is not mentioned as of yet. The transmission unit is expected to be a 5-Speed automatic.

Speaking of MU-7, it is currently offered with 5-Speed manual and in 4x2 guise only. This mammoth SUV measures 4955 mm in length, 1800 mm in breadth and 1805 mm tall, the wheelbase too is 3050 mm-longer than Endeavour and Fortuner. These dimensions encapsulate the mighty looks of MU-7 with squared-off carvings, a boxy flat nose, rectangular upright headlamps, a wide hood scoop, understated wheel fairings and an equally humongous rear.

These large dimensions of this SUV helps its interiors to boast generous amount space for every occupant. It offers loads of legroom for driver and passenger. The last row of seats offer better space than many other offerings in the segment.

Powering the MU-7 is a 3.0 litre common rail diesel engine that uses a VGT to produce 163 PS of power and 360 Nm of peak torque. These figure ensure that you are never short of power and performance. Needless to say, ISUZU is an expert of diesel motors and that expertise reflects in its products. But, the lack of a strong service and dealership networks slows down its pace when it come to after sales experience.
source : CarDekho - Cars in India, New Cars Prices Wed Jul 22 11:50:41 IST 2015, Buy and Sell Used Cars | CarDekho.com

Akash1886

Honoured Member
ISUZU launches MU-7 Sports Utility Vehicle with Automatic Transmission (AT)

• The ISUZU MU-7 AT comes in addition to the existing Manual Transmission version.

• The ISUZU MU-7 AT sports a new 3 spoke steering wheel mounted with audio controls and a 2 tone dashboard enhanced with a high gloss lacquer finished wood trim.

• The ISUZU MU-7 AT also comes enhanced with a satellite navigation system and a rear parking sensor connected to the new audio system with touch screen display.

CHENNAI, July 22, 2015:Isuzu Motors India today launched the MU-7 Automatic Transmission (AT) variant. The Automatic Transmission variant comes along with more refinements. The interiors sport a 2 tone (Beige/Black) dashboard and a stylish 3 spoke steering wheel mounted with audio controls. The MU-7 Automatic Transmission variant comes at a price of Rs. 23.90 lakhs (ex-showroom, Delhi).

The ISUZU MU-7 Manual Transmission variant was launched in December 2013. In line with the preference expressed by many customers for an Automatic Transmission to enjoy self-driving, Isuzu Motors India has now launched the same.

Along with the Automatic Transmission the new variant also comes with some enhanced features. While the new 3 spoke Audio Controls mounted steering wheel and the 2 tone dashboard with high gloss lacquer finished wood trim add substantial appeal, the new music system (Kenwood 6015 BT) now comes with the added advantage of satellite navigation. There is also an additional feature in terms of a rear parking sensor. Also available is a rear view camera which is synchronised with the touch screen display.

The ISUZU MU-7 is renowned for its strong masculine looks coupled with the largest interior space in its class. Powered by the legendary ‘ISUZU’ Diesel Engine Technology and sporting a strong suspension it is the perfect sports utility vehicle for smooth and rough terrain alike. Customers owning an MU-7 appreciate the comfort and ride quality of the vehicle and are all praise for its powerful and reliable engine.

The Automatic Transmission of the MU-7 is designed to complement the capabilities of the ISUZU diesel engine, to offer best-in-class driving experience of a large SUV. Deployed with the 4 cylinder, 2999 cc Intercooled VGS Turbo Diesel Engine, the vehicle delivers a maximum torque of 333 Nm @ 1600-3200 rpm. The bold and dominating MU-7 is fitted with Independent double wishbone, torsion bar spring and anti-roll bar for the front and complemented with rigid gas-sealed shock absorbers in the front and rear, offering a fatigue-free driving experience.

Commenting on the introduction of the model, Mr. Naohiro Yamaguchi, Managing Director, Isuzu Motors India, said, “We are happy to add the new MU-7 AT variant to our current product portfolio. The MU-7 is becoming popular with its combination of style and substance and has been receiving encouraging response from the customers, thanks to the sheer performance, space and comfort it offers. In line with ISUZU’s philosophy to constantly study the market and offer customers a great experience, we now add the new Automatic Transmission variant with more enhanced features on the interior. Many have approached us for an Automatic variant in the MU-7 and with this launch we are sure that a wider range of SUV enthusiasts will prefer the MU-7”.

The MU-7 is also interestingly priced. It is the best combination of a great experience at an exciting value.

ISUZU is currently assembling CKD kits of the MU-7 at the Hindustan Motors Ltd, facility in Thiruvallur, near Chennai. The MU-7 will be available at ISUZU’s exclusive dealer outlets currently operating across 25 locations in the country including Delhi, Noida, Jaipur, Mumbai, Chennai, Bangalore, Hyderabad, Coimbatore, Madurai, Visakhapatnam, Tirupati, Cochin, Calicut, Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Ludhiana, Lucknow, Gurgaon, Indore, Vadodara, Kolkata, Jalandhar, Jodhpur, Chandigarh and Nagpur.
Official

Regards

Akash

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

A small update, Since 05th November 2015, Vipul has been pestering me to write about the D-Max. He did not leave me and pestered me with his calls even on the breakfast table[lol] and sent me the address of Noida's dealership in sector 63. He has been pushing me to the limits so much so that today I eventually landed up at the dealership and would be writing about it once I drive it on this weekend. As per our ritual of speaking in the evening, he kept pin-pointing on D-Max. I hope, he will be pacified and calm by now.

20160114_151027.jpg

20160114_151145.jpg

Regards

Akash

@Akash Saarji
Here are three points to mention:
1) You still remember the date I asked you to check the D-Max for the first time. I hope You don't remember when I said "I just coudn't catch up with it on highway".
2) I have driven one and I can bet that this is the most brutal thing on 4 wheels for the money it trades for.
3) Drive it and you will understand what 'TORQUE' actually it.

Shame it isn't available as a double/crew cab, 4X4 and with white plates; only commercial reg.

Last edited:

Top Bottom