Surprise! Isuzu MU7 and D-Max Debuts in India

@visran

May not be this model, but yes I spoke to them about MU7 official TD and let us see if they agree to lend a vehicle, then ours will be the first one on the WEB in the country

It doesn't seem to be "the all new Isuzu D-max" but the 2011 version if am not wrong [roll]
@Gurrala74
Could you confirm this with them, if possible?
yes exactly. Isuzu is selling the all new D-Max here already.

@Guralla, bro if u think this is good then the all new one is even better! [clap] but dont think Isuzu India will launch it. [roll]

Friends,

I am back with a update on the vehicle, I had a chance to go for a bit long drive with the vehicle yesterday in all kinds of roads and the result is

- It is just an awesome vehicle friends and ready to take any kind of abuse with different kind of roads, city, village, bad patches etc.,
- Power delivery is really awesome which takes away the vehicle effortless
- Excellent low end torque in 3rd, 4th gears and very easy to drive
- Excellent seating position which great comfort(really different from my Ritz)
- Dead pedal is really useful giving some rest to your left leg and will avoid half clutch driving. No tiredness at all after a real long drive(I used to feel bit tired in my Ritz on the same stretch of road)
- Lighting needs improvement in the night
- NVH is really impressive friends you have hardly hear any sound of this 2.5 TD diesel mill
- Excellent inbuilt ICE setup which deliver FM at long distances from city

Overall an excellent vehicle and best ISUZU engine under the hood

Do not brake your head much Sam on this, I drove a pick up truck in the same stretch I drove my Ritz many times, so was that a simple comparison and nothing more

Thanks for putting disc brakes in my head. I was having delusions of a Ritz with hacksawed B and C pillars moving up and down that road in Hyderabad with a 1 ton payload.

So when do we expect a MU7 review from you?

My drive with DMax was without any load in the vehicle(was empty)

I am always busy with work in Hyderabad, so if Isuzu also bring their MU7 to my office, then you may expect it very soon

It would indeed be nice of them to deliver the MU7 at your doorstep. How long was your TD of the D Max?
Maybe you could do a detailed TD of the MU7 and the Moderators could post it as an official TAI TD with their suitable edits and inputs. Would be a nice little cherry on your efforts.

Keep them coming!

@Sam

They have left the D Max for a week with me and I hardly got chance to drive it twice till now, I am planning to return the vehicle tomorrow as I am travelling till saturday.

Yes, I am not that good at doing a official TD, but I can do it on behalf of TAI and the way the moderators and post back all the data and pics to them, so that they can launch a official TD, not a bad idea.

@Gurrala74: A full week!! And you are not driving it? As Gabbar Singh said "Bahut nainsaafi hai ye" (thats gross injustice!).

Come on, even our Moderators do not get to keep TD vehicles for that long; and here you have the DMax for one full week and you are doing nothing about it knowing fully well that this is a golden chance to beat all other automotive forums in the country on the scoop TD.

Not correct, Lord Gurrala. Not correct[thinking].

Hahahaha,

Just see few posts above, I drove it for a long distance yesterday and in rain too and gave my report on the same man !! Yes I will test its load taking capabilities tonight again and conclude the things tomorrow

Friends

I had my last round of drive yesterday night as I am returning the vehicle today. We drove with some 500kg on board and the vehicle is quite stable and power is really awesome. My final conclusion and comments

Low end torque is really excellent
Pulling is just effort less
NVH is very very impressive and better than lot of diesel hatch backs
Steering is super responsive
Seating comfort and seating position is great(It fits quite well for me and I started thinking for such comfort on my next car)
Gear shift is smooth
Excellent ICE setup with FM,CD

So this can be used for farming, normal transportation and can be used like a personalised diesel car.

Now what matters is the price which they said around 6.5 Lakhs, so the question is why people have to spend 1.5 to 2 Lakhs more for this, Isuzu has to answer this question to convince the buyers of that segment. Yes there is excellent comfort, super refined engine, power delivery, provision for AC, power steering, power windows, but again the purpose of the vehicle is transporting the goods, so will all these features impress such buyers or not is a question.

If some body have personal farms and will keep visiting from the city quite often, then this is an excellent pick with luxury and comfort, ruggedness

Top Bottom