Surprise! Isuzu MU7 and D-Max Debuts in India

Re: Isuzu MU7 SUV Caught on Test in India

+1, even the pricing is confusing, pick up range at 6-8 lacs whereas the SUV for around 23 lacs!
This is what I will do -

Buy pick-up, give it to body builder, no not to 'Pehlwan/wrestler' but guys who build coaches or are in modification business. Spend 4-5L on it. Total cost will be 7L (6-8L so avg is 7) + 4.5L = 11.5L.
And then I will sell it off for 16L. [lol]
People will buy it for 16L rather than at 23L. I will make 4.5L/UV & buyers save 7L/UV. [;)]

* UV = Utility Vehicle & not Ultra-Violet. [lol]

Last edited:
Re: Isuzu MU7 SUV Caught on Test in India EDIT: Now Gets Launched

Whats the engine specification of D-Max pickup trucks, not able to find Isuzu India website.

Whats the engine specification of D-Max pickup trucks, not able to find Isuzu India website.
well the d max is powered by 2.5 ltr turbo charged engine. No vgt turbo in it as in mu-7. The hp is 137 and torque is 290nm.

I went to the showroom to see the vehicles. Here's my few observations
d-max
1. good quality but plain jane interiors.
2. No ac only heater.According to dealer it can be fitted afterwards from the showroom itself.
3. comfortable front seats.
4. Rear seats are short on thigh support and are quite vertical. not comfortable for long drives. Same as tata xenon.
4. Tyre size is 215 70 r 15
5. ground clearance is about 190 mm thanks to small tyres.
6. solidly built.
7. comes only in 2 wheel drive version

Mu-7
1. Good road presence but its quite old school ( same as endeavour and force one)
2. looks identical to force 1
3. plain jane interiors but the plastic quality is good.
4. front seats are good.
5. back seats have no thigh support and are quite narrow. Same like ford endeavour.
6. even children can't sit in the 3rd row as the seats starts from the floor. Endeavour is far better in this. I tried sitting but it was like sitting on the floor.
7. 28 lakhs on road hyd.
8. They still use leaf spring suspensions at the rear and double wishbone suspension at front (same applies for d max also).
9. 3 ltr engine with vgt turbo.

Now some interesting bits

1.The company has plans to sell around 60 vehicles in india in 2013 from hyderabad dealership including all the 3 models.
2. Out of this only 6 mu-7 have been earmarked for hyderabad market.
3. waiting period is 6 months.
4. No sign of 4 x 4 version. maybe next year according to dealer.
5. No idea about company's future plans for dealership and ASS.

I would say its the perfect way to kill a good product. How can a company like isuzu launch vehicles without any future roadmap? mu-7 according to me makes sense if priced between 14-17 lakhs. d-max is priced quite ok but then again with only 1 showroom to begin with god only knows how the ASS would be? Even the salesguy did'nt sound confident and i could make out frustration in his tone.
My two cents. Pics would follow some other time as i was really out of time

Last edited:
Thread Starter #49

I would say its the perfect way to kill a good product. How can a company like isuzu launch vehicles without any future roadmap? mu-7 according to me makes sense if priced between 14-17 lakhs. d-max is priced quite ok but then again with only 1 showroom to begin with god only knows how the ASS would be? Even the salesguy did'nt sound confident and i could make out frustration in his tone.
My two cents. Pics would follow some other time as i was really out of time
Agree with you, i am seriously not able to understand their business plan, are they test marketing ? if yes then they might wrap up and run back to japan overnight. if the companies strategy is so weak i wouldn't buy any of their car even if it's priced in a Nano range.

With 60 vehicles, I feel they are very optimistic. [lol]
28L ? How about buying new BMW X1 rather or a Rexton + Storme ? [glasses]

Thread Starter #55
I have seen the photos of DC pick up truck on another forum, look's aren't really impressive when compared to Xenon

I have seen the photos of DC pick up truck on another forum, look's aren't really impressive when compared to Xenon
buddy d-max is considered one of the best pickup trucks in the world bettering toyota helix in many markets. I agree about the look factor but that is solely attributed to the fact that it comes with 215 sized tyres. upsize the tyres and see the magic...[;)] the engine it has is considered good for 4-5 lakhs km. can't say the same thing for tata.

Last edited:
i saw somewhere that the isuzu pick up will be CKD and assembled at the HM plants.
Yes according to reports they will be assembled in hm plant in chennai.
There full scale production will start in there new plant in A.p in near future.
Waiting for that day to buy a true blue suv at reasonable price.

Thread Starter #60
@Ashroy

where is this show room located
Here you go Sir,

The showroom is located in Jubilee Hills, road number 36. Its beside the Skoda showroom and is managed by Mahavir Automobiles.salesman from the showroom. Deekshith (9700102040)

Top Bottom