Supreme Court’s Order – No Sunfilms Allowed from 4th May 2012

What should be the legal limit of our side Windows?

• Total voters
Re: Supreme Court’s Order – No Sunfilms Allowed from 4th May 2012

We should fight for minimal shades through legal/proper channel. Feel really bad seeing people say ' proudly' that I got fined and still not removed etc, then talk about others bad driving /bad behaviour.

As a forum, we too have responsibility in maintaining the dignity of this forum.
+1 to this and wonderfully put appus. We may have reservations (and that too genuine one!!) on the supreme court order. But, let us first respect the judgement and if you are not satisfied, there is always recourse to this. I have suffered the horrible chennai summer this year because of this, but still, I would like to point out that we have to respect the law as a sensible society should do.

But, let us first respect the judgement and if you are not satisfied, there is always recourse to this. I have suffered the horrible chennai summer this year because of this, but still, I would like to point out that we have to respect the law as a sensible society should do.
Agreed
BTW, some useful read.
1.Kerala vehicles flout Supreme Court sun film order
Thiruvananthapuram: Government vehicles in the state are blatantly violating the Supreme Court ban on use of sun control films and curtains on the glasses of four-wheel drives. The police, which should have acted, is adopting a soft approach as top officials and politicians are involved in several of these cases.

Strangely, there is widespread confusion over the permissible limit for use of such films. “Police let me go as my car’s sun control film is transparent enough to see through,” said a private firm employee who used sun control film of the milder type in his car. Government vehicles are using dark sun control films and curtains with no control whatsoever.
source:DC

2.Car curtains OK on med grounds
KOCHI: The Kerala high court has allowed the use of curtains in vehicles for health reasons. Many vehicle owners have resorted to the practice after the Supreme Court banned sun films in vehicles through an order on April 27 last year.
source:TOI

350Z

Core Team

In case someone thought the matter has been vanished into thin air, Delhi Traffic Police is still very strict regarding the sunfilm ban.

Following image describe the actions that could be taken against the violation of this rule.

10568814_797367063618332_7595740508492650356_n.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

Hi 350Z for reminding this useful information.

Somehow I feel this is some kind of Andha Kanoon[:)]
It is a mistake of the Law enforcement agencies who couldn't enforce the 70% transparency in the sun films in the vehicles and ultimately we are the sufferers.Some people used completely black films and police couldn't do anything.

It is enforced selectively the stealers use the blackest of films and the police would never stop them so the constitution which says all citizens are equal is only on paper. Similar situation with seatbelts helmets etc. I wish there were a way to throw these parasites in jail forever.

...so the constitution which says all citizens are equal is only on paper...
There are only two kinds of people my friend; those who manage to wriggle out of trouble and those who follow rules :-)

Unfortunately in our country rules are made as a knee jerk reaction mostly with little thought. An example in the late 90's Mercedes was forced to put tubes in the cars tubeless tyres or the cars would not be allowed to be sold. Here in Mumbai 2 wheelers are not allowed on the JJ flyover as there were a few idiots who killed themselves by driving rashly by that example the mumbai poona expressway should be shut down too. On the jj flyover you have cops on during the day stopping 2 wheelers from getting on with the exception of policemen and bmc officials. In the nights when most of the maniacs do their thing it is open territory.

Most of our rules are reactive not pro active.So if there is a rape in a car with blank films,Govt says lets not allow any kind of Sun films even though it helps in reducing fuel efficiency.if some biker dies over JJ Flyover,easiest thing Admin can do is to disallow all the Bikers.
I think if this is the decision making basis,they should sack all the Govt employees as some of them are caught taking bribes.They should stop IRCTC from distributing food as they found one cockroach in Kolkata Rajdhani.[:)]

Unfortunately in our country rules are made as a knee jerk reaction...
Plenty of examples on what you say. STEEP Speed breakers everywhere (rather than a series of low slung ones), Bus Stop just near a Signal / Roundabout, Signal induced traffic jams, the absence of a speed breaker on a side road whereas speed Barriers in the main road. I fail to see ANY logic in all these, including the ban on sun films. I regularly see same cars with dark sun films on the roads in and around my locality, but traffic cops have not noticed these cars! Maybe, the primary aim of that poor traffic Cop standing all day in the middle of the road is to ensure minimum snarls and minimum safety than to catch those offenders. Then, among offenders there are "those with loaded guns and those who dig".

I thank TAI for providing space to vent our [frustration]and become [:)].

...they should sack all the Govt employees as some of them are caught taking bribes.They should stop IRCTC from distributing food as they found one cockroach in Kolkata Rajdhani.[:)]
What an idea Sirji. Close Hotels, Schools, Hospitals and Offices as a few rape cases have been reported there. Send Minor boys to Juvenile Homes as anyhow a few of them always land there. Men shall not be allowed inside houses or in open field, as a few had done the barbaric act there too.
Put a girls' Sis/Bro/Mother/Father-in-laws in jail immediately after the boy ties the nuptial knot, as anyhow a few of them had been reported by girls of demanding Dowry [roll].

Me gone MAD.

What an idea Sirji. Close Hotels, Schools, Hospitals and Offices as a few rape cases have been reported there. Send Minor boys to Juvenile Homes as anyhow a few of them always land there. Men shall not be allowed inside houses or in open field, as a few had done the barbaric act there too.
Put a girls' Sis/Bro/Mother/Father-in-laws in jail immediately after the boy ties the nuptial knot, as anyhow a few of them had been reported by girls of demanding Dowry [roll].

Me gone MAD.

He He.Me too[:)]

This is completely out of topic but need to say this.
The way our system is we can say we are going to the dogs. Indians never had fear psychosis .People now have these fear psychosis.Imported form the US. This is something governments use to rule the people. Have we ever thought why we should have traffic signals when we should be having an underpass or overpass.Why our roads are so narrow? Why are cities not planned? .When resources are limited we need to share and to share we need belonging towards each other.

Anyway the anti male bashing in our society is going too far.

Re: Window Tints illegal?

On this link it says they are valid in gurgaon Gurgaon Police : Traffic : Rules & Regulations : Tinted Glass

so can we use 30% Tining atleast for the side 4 windows?
Its the old law which they have written where sides can have upto 50% & rear & front windscreen can have upto 70vlt or 30 % tint.

Todays law says nothing can be applied, but you can use 70vlt or 30% tint on the car window as its totally transparent,only cuts out some UV & infrared. Gives no privacy so cops wont have a prob with you as it looks like clear glass.I have 3m 70vlt on my car since 2012. If you want to cut out heat & have deep pockets 3M Crystalline film will help. Or if your lucky to find 3m RE70 go for it althought some have applied RE50 but then that mite get the cops on you.

Top Bottom