Suncontrol Film - Help

I have installed VK 70 only on sides of my i10. However I feel its equivalent to garware high end films in reducing heat. Vk70 costed me a bomb at 12900 INR (Only for sides)

3M are also good.Also had looked at llumar air 75 an year ago. Found them good as well.

However when I spoke to garware company guy from Aurangabad (where garware makes these films) he told that they only export films abroad and later they are branded by everybody.

mastersquall, I agree with you. However at that time I thought to give it a try. In my ownership report I have mentioned this.

In my opinion any sun film you use should not compromise the visibility levels.Modern a/c technology in cars are advanced enough to cool a car in 2-3 minutes even without sun films on them

I did not have any sun films in my previous car. However this time around i was being forced by my relatives to put a sun film for my car. After much deliberation i decided to go for 3M brand.The next dilemma i had was to choose between the RE 50 and RE 70 series(the legally valid choices). Now RE 50 has 50% visibility,99% UV reduction and 43% solar rejection . RE 70 has 70% visibility,98% UV reduction and 34% solar rejection. The sun film dealer tried telling me that RE 50 would suit my carbon gray color car look wise .Finally went for RE 70 as good visibility was more important to me than good looks

At first glance it appears that i have not put any sun films at all (its so transparent). However its doing the job its intended to do

Last edited:
Hey Naveen are those tints on your Vento and Swift legal ones? They seem to be too dark!

I wonder how your friend is driving with such dark tints in the sides , leaving the legal issues apart i feel its very difficult during nights!

@CD - Yes, these are legal ones. Vento tints are of medium darkness and Swift is dark (but from inside it is really visible).

BTW, I installed Front windshield sun films on my Swift. Will update the pics soon.
One more mod tomo. [:D][evil]

@CD - Yes, these are legal ones. Vento tints are of medium darkness and Swift is dark (but from inside it is really visible).

BTW, I installed Front windshield sun films on my Swift. Will update the pics soon.
One more mod tomo. [:D][evil]
I may be wrong here but as far as i know the legality of sunfilms is based on the visibility from outside and not inside. The idea is that cops should have decent visibility of the person sitting inside the car which is why a visibility level of 50% on the side and 70% on the front/rear is recommended

Apart from Delhi i dont think these rules are strictly applied though[;)]

I may be wrong here but as far as i know the legality of sunfilms is based on the visibility from outside and not inside. The idea is that cops should have decent visibility of the person sitting inside the car which is why a visibility level of 50% on the side and 70% on the front/rear is recommended

Apart from Delhi i dont think these rules are strictly applied though[;)]
not even delhi has strictly apply rule but if you go in punjab just prey traffic cops don't catch you . they just do fine and you have to go to court to get your RC [frustration]

Top Bottom