Suncontrol Film - Help

Went to the Accessory shop yesterday & came back disappointed. We installed Garware in our Ritz for Rs. 1800! the owner dint know the model name but said it was 'charcoal colour'.

I wanted to change the tints on my scorpio too as after the pillar blackening, i felt the tints on my scorpio (garware classic) is too light & has a greenish tinge to it. I wanted something in black colour. I was under the impression that my scorpio has an RTO approved tint with grade 50. but the guy told me my tints are already illegal as its grade is not 50, but its 35!!! and its charcoal colour. if what he is saying is right, guys charcoal is not totally black in colour, it has a light greenish tinge to it.

If someone wants black, you should opt for 'grey' & not charcoal. I was about to install grey 35 but the shop owner who is a friend of ours showed the brochure which mentioned that my current film had more heat resistance. also, if i wanted the film to look black as per my requirements, then i have to opt for 'grey 20'!!! i dint want to go that dark.

I contacted Ramie & he said that 'natural' colour in Garware is actually black. i checked in their website & natural 35 has the highest heat rejection too.

Last edited:
I wanted to change the tints on my scorpio too as after the pillar blackening, i felt the tints on my scorpio (garware classic) is too light & has a greenish tinge to it. I wanted something in black colour. I was under the impression that my scorpio has an RTO approved tint with grade 50. but the guy told me my tints are already illegal as its grade is not 50, but its 35!!! and its charcoal colour. if what he is saying is right, guys charcoal is not totally black in colour, it has a light greenish tinge to it.
I want to share some knowledge here:

My DZire has 'Garware SRC Charcoal Black 35' (see pics)

At the time of installing, this tint was legal (35% visibility was allowed), but now, it has been changed to 50%. (when the rule changes, no on e knows![frustration])

Sorry to say but some one is giving you wrong information. This tint is black in colour, and not greenish!

I installed the tints from Laxman Nivas, koliwada; from a very good friend who is a neighbour of ours. He suggested us this tints and he only gave us the detail that these tints are 'Garware SRC Charcoal Black 35'

Attachments

Last edited:
God knows what is what now!!!

The guy i met showed me the sample brochure of Garware which had the product names & sample pieces of the film. I did feel that charcoal was not totally black.

Frankly speaking, I didnt even bothered to check out other shades/brands. I just told him that I want Black tints, that to till the last level the RTO is allowing![;)] At that time till 35% was approved but now its 50%. Today, I can be fined anytime if I am caught.[evil]

Frankly speaking, I didnt even bothered to check out other shades/brands. I just told him that I want Black tints, that to till the last level the RTO is allowing![;)] At that time till 35% was approved but now its 50%. Today, I can be fined anytime if I am caught.[evil]
35% visual light transmitting window tints were never ever allowed.
See the link:- http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...rts/351-suncontrol-film-help-3.html#post25723

And it is against Rule 100(2) of the Central Motor Vehicle Rules which is in force from 1989 onwards.

And a State Government cannot relax any Rule or Law made by the Central Government, but they may only make it more harsher if they want to and circumstances demand it. For instance the state government of Kashmir may ban any kind of tints on a motor vehicle citing security issues.

Last edited:
35% visual light transmitting window tints were never ever allowed.
See the link:- http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...rts/351-suncontrol-film-help-3.html#post25723

And it is against Rule 100(2) of the Central Motor Vehicle Rules which is in force from 1989 onwards.

And no state can relax any law made by the central government, but they may only make it more harsher. For instance the state government of Kashmir may ban any kind of tints on a motor vehicle.
I was told this by the tinting walla!! 35% visibility was allowed on the side and rear glass. Recently he warned me about the new rule about 50% visibility![surprise]

Last edited:
I was told this by the tinting walla!! 35% visibility was allowed on the side and rear glass. Recently he warned me about the new rule about 50% visibility![surprise]
Those guys actually misinterpret laws and acts and convince people to commit offences and in the end they themselves make money out of the motorists dilemma in future. Ironic in a sense.

Those guys actually misinterpret laws and acts and convince people to commit offences and in the end they themselves make money out of the motorists dilemma in future. Ironic in a sense.
Hmm, may be!
Anaways; I am Sorry; I take my words Back!!!:sorry:

MODS NOTE: Avoid using SMS languages

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, may be!
Nwayz; I am Sorry; I take my words Back!!!:sorry:
Hey gears, no problem at all. No need to say sorry for anything at all. I just felt a little angry with all the people who are twisting the real facts and convincing people to break laws and then say now the law has changed and before it was different and all.

I've seen number plate makers in my locality(You know the stickerwallahs) make number plates with vinyl and when their customers get caught by the law, they give such lame excuses and make people to believe that its the cops trying to make a hard buck and there is really no problem with their sticker plates.

My suggestion to all motorists is to go to any Law book shop and get a copy each of the Motor vehicle Act and the Central Motor Vehicle Rules. You can always refer to it and can know what your rights are when you might get into trouble. Its not going to cost much and will set you back by some 550-700 odd rupees for the both of them. I myself got my personal copies of them both long before I even joined law school. And with the knowledge and information I had at hand, I got myself out of many situations where I could have got exploited and lost money and time.

Last edited:
The only place I think you won't find illegal stuff is Reliance Autozone. As part of my inquiry into sale of 'illegal' shades , I asked about 'Mirror finish' Garware Icecool at Autozone, and the reply was 'They're illegal'.

guys,any one know the name of sunfilm which remain dark when we see the car from far distance but when come close they provide good enough clear view of inside car

i don't know what is called but 3 days ago i saw car from distance it was complete dark but as soon as car was near i could see good enough view of interior :S . also long ago there was article regarding sunfilm on time of india where one of traffic police said same thing and said they don't have problem with such type of sunfilm . But i can't remember the name

hi guys,
my friend just brought innova . Now he was asking me which sunfilm are best for heat rejection without making them too much dark as he visit Punjab many times like me . He doesn't want any problem with cops . So i told him to go for V-cool but he had asked me particular name of the product from v-cool with price of front , rear and side so that Shop keeper don't cheat with him .

Note : he is not going for sunfilm for privacy but save him self from heat of delhi

Top Bottom