Suncontrol Film - Help

Re: All About 3M Car Care Services and Experiences

Does anyone know if we can still install the 3M window film these days? Is it transparent and clear enough to escape from cops? Sorry I am not that eager to break the laws but at the same time I want to protect my family and myself from skin cancer etc. Surely the people who made these laws are not going to help when someone falls ill[anger] I would really appreciate if someone has a photo/pictures of 3M window film installed so as to get an idea what it is like. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Does anyone know if we can still install the 3M window film these days? Is it transparent and clear enough to escape from cops? Sorry I am not that eager to break the laws but at the same time I want to protect my family and myself from skin cancer etc. Surely the people who made these laws are not going to help when someone falls ill[anger] I would really appreciate if someone has a photo/pictures of 3M window film installed so as to get an idea what it is like. Thanks in advance.
I have read recently on TAI that 3M stops to keep the sun-films as they are not legal so not sure about it's availability. You can try some accessories shop for the same.

Hi. 3M is a brand of sun films. There are different films with different opacity in every brand.

I have installed 3M CR70 in the windshield of my car. Cops cannot make out the film as it is almost clear. It also does not affect the night time visibility. I am seriously thinking of sticking the same for the front windows also.

You can see the photos here.

Hi. 3M is a brand of sun films. There are different films with different opacity in every brand.

I have installed 3M CR70 in the windshield of my car. Cops cannot make out the film as it is almost clear. It also does not affect the night time visibility. I am seriously thinking of sticking the same for the front windows also.

You can see the photos here.
Hi Higway Ranger
Thanks very much for the suggestion and photos. Really appreciated. If you happen to install it on the front window please post photos it if you get a chance. By the way, that is a nice looking City you have got there[:)]

Hi Higway Ranger
Thanks very much for the suggestion and photos. Really appreciated.
You are welcome.

If you happen to install it on the front window please post photos it if you get a chance.
Sure. The cost has got me thinking. But I feel that it is needed as it is quite hot here.
For the rear windshield and the rear windows I use those black mesh.

By the way, that is a nice looking City you have got there[:)]
Thank you![:)]

Sure. The cost has got me thinking. But I feel that it is needed as it is quite hot here.
For the rear windshield and the rear windows I use those black mesh.
You got a lovely beast there [evil].

By the how much did you shell out for getting CR70 on windshield ? And which 3M center ?

Any idea how much it would cost for front windows ?
Bangalore is becoming Gulbarga !! [frustration]

You got a lovely beast there [evil].

By the how much did you shell out for getting CR70 on windshield ? And which 3M center ?

Any idea how much it would cost for front windows ?
Bangalore is becoming Gulbarga !! [frustration]

Thank you.

I think it cost me 7000 odd for the front windshield. I got it done at the 3M, HSR layout outlet. I remember something in the range of 14000 quoted for just the four side windows.

True. Bangalore is hot during day time. And direct sun surely burns the skin even with the AC on.

While i was in thanjavur i found a shop selling sunflim (yes sunflim not sun blinders they said ) which can be taken off (removable completely ) and again can be pasted,

They said for one side window it will cost 350 rupees, but my bad luck they dont have enough stock (just one piece)

Its just like the shape of the suction cap based sun blinder, but this is bit rubber like flexible and sticks to the glass well.

Whats your openion experts

While i was in thanjavur i found a shop selling sunflim (yes sunflim not sun blinders they said ) which can be taken off (removable completely ) and again can be pasted,

They said for one side window it will cost 350 rupees, but my bad luck they dont have enough stock (just one piece)

Its just like the shape of the suction cap based sun blinder, but this is bit rubber like flexible and sticks to the glass well.

Whats your opinion experts
Was that similar to this ?

I inquired at 3M HSR. siddhu told me that it would cost 6.5k for the side and back. there is one more quality which cost 16k. though i didnt ask the name.

Top Bottom