Suncontrol Film - Help

@ Napster

which series of 3M did u get installed on your swift. I enquired for my swift Dzire 3M RE35 for sides and rear , i got a quote for Rs.4000/-.

So, rajeev any update on your sunfilm plan?
i was about to get some money from a certain source, it got delayed! [cry]

so the ICE upgrade & sunfilm installation for delayed too by a week or so.

anyways, after leather seats, sun film is my bigger priority than ICE!

I forgot the exact name , also searched the catalog in store today morning but cant get them
The film is like this . Its dark in day and lighter in night. Dark in sense not black colour , like gold one. Just an innova was installed by us for the last one year. It was 5500 then except front wind shield

350Z

Core Team
@ilango, That's a nice and unique concept. Is it compliant with our current govt. policies? I’d like to learn more information on same.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Guyz according to me front windshield tint is very important and useful...this may sound weird but one of my friend’s Getz totalled and he was survived because of the tint on the front glass....(he had full illegal jet black tint on all the glasses)..the glass did not shattered in case of an accident...so i suggest all of you to get at least cheap and light tint on your front glass!!![thumbsup]

350Z

Core Team
Nope this isn't the reason. Every car's front windshield is made such a way so that in-case it breaks, the glass doesn't leaves any sharp edges and this has been made specifically for safety purpose. No matter whether it has tints or not. You might have noticed same in accidents that front windshield mostly breaks into squarish pieces with a thin layer.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Yes 350Z is right. The thin tint will not hold any glass part. The windshield itself made like this for safety reason.
Front windshield is only helpful for Sun, it will keep inside cooler. So even if the side windows can have cheaper tint, the front side must have better film, so that it doesn't affect your visibility.

Nope this isn't the reason. Every car's front windshield is made such a way so that in-case it breaks, the glass doesn't leaves any sharp edges and this has been made specifically for safety purpose. No matter whether it has tints or not. You might have noticed same in accidents that front windshield mostly breaks into squarish pieces with a thin layer.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Just a clarification on what you wrote. Wind shields of late do not break into squarish pieces. Around 1996 Laminated wind shields were made mandatory. Laminated wind shields are basically a sandwich structure, with a layer of PVB between two thin layers of glass. The PVB holds the glass together, and keeps it from breaking into small pieces which can harm the occupant.
Prior to the use of laminated wind shields, the regulation required "Zone-Toughened" glass, where you used specific cooling patterns to create zones of tension and compression in glass, so that when impacted, it would break into predetermined shapes (squares) of a small size without sharp edges to minimize injury.
Side door and tailgate glasses even today are Zone toughened in nature.

Guys, can somebody suggest a good place in Bangalore to get sun filming done? That is the only accessory I am looking for my Figo.

Long long ago, when I had my Santro, I had sun filming done by a dealer in Jayanagar 4th Block. I think the store name was fastrack (not sure though). They had done a decent job then but I have no idea about them now. If somebody else know some good dealer and share that information, I would be grateful to them.

Cheers

Aaree I agree with you '350Z' that the glass doesn't leaves any sharp edges during an accident but I have seen such live cases where the passengers and the driver gets hurt due to the glass!!...I mean to say tint holds the glass like a spider web(in laymans language) so that the glass dont hurt anyone!!! Its just my assumption seeing my friends case!!!

Whatever it is, I just explained in layman language. [;)]

Drive Safe,
350Z
Yup, but in Laminated glass, the break pattern is not squarish, but the typical spider-web pattern, only, the glass stays together!!

Guys, can somebody suggest a good place in Bangalore to get sun filming done? That is the only accessory I am looking for my Figo.
If you go to JC Road, you can get it cheaper, but quality is not assured.

Otherwise, go to Reliance Autozone and some good accessory shops in Kormanagla, opposite to Forum. Take the quote and fit where they are offering cheaper.

Top Bottom