Suncontrol Film - Help

Anybody fixed the sun film from Bangalore. I will be getting a Manza in a couple of weeks and wanted to check out the options and the best place to go in for in Bangalore.

From the basic research that I carried out, V-Kook will definitely be out of reach for me. I would like to know more about the options available in 3M for both Front and other sides
Though i got it free from dealer, so not much experience.
V-Kool is recommended for front windshield. For side and rear glass, 3M and llumar is good, depending on your budget.

You can go to Reliance Autozone (near HSR Layout, BDA complex) and get it done. If you have time and bargaining ability, must go to J C Road and visit multiple showroom and bargain hard.

The law states that the front and rear windows of a vehicle should allow 75% light to pass through which means a tint of 25%is allowed. Also the side windows should allow of 50% light to pass through which means a tint of 50%. Any tint that does not comply with the regulations will be hence liable for fine. Here the law was created not to see into one's car and invade privacy,but to ensure that a vehicle following behind a vehicle can see what's happening in front of the vehicle in front. Also for seeing what's happening at a junction across the vehicle in case its from a side.
Examples:-
Scenario 1-You are driving your car and about to overtake the vehicle in front of you,the vehicle in front has very dark tint on its rear window. A person is crossing the road in front of the car in front of you. You not only wont see the pedestrian crossing as the view is blocked by the tints on the vehicle in front but also wont be able to stop in time to save the pedestrian. You will be looking at a chance of 90% hitting the guy. The sole reason that you failed to see the pedestrian crossing was the dark tint on the other vehicle's rear window. I also might add that the pedestrian also has to look for vehicles before crossing,but that is commonsense and not the law. The law is that a pedestrian has right of way. So to conclude you will be looking at a Claim petition against you which occured out of somebody else's fault. And to make to make it ironic,the person in the other vehicle will probably go scott free as he had not hit the person.
Scenario 2- You are driving your car with dark tints and another car is following you,you have to stop suddenly as someone jumps in front of your car,the following car's driver does not see this happen as what happens in front of your car is not seen by him due to the dark tints. He rams into your car,you and he get injured. Here you can get a claim petition to work in your favour as the insurance company's counsel have no idea that the accident was contributed by your dar tints,but you will be injured anyways. And I dont think any amount of money can account for pain and suffering,period.So I would humbly request you all to not fix your cars with dark tints. And by the way,The tints I am using on my car is Garware Classic Light Green shade(It cost me Rs.1400/- for my Alto) and it is within the legally allowed tint levels. I carry stick on window blinds in case my wife and baby is there and the baby needs to be nursed. And we do that by parking the car safely off the road and fixing the blinds on the window for privacy,thereby ensuring we dont hamper the convenience of other road users.
Laws are not meant to offend or distress anyone,its for your own and other's safety. Please comply with the rules and regulations of the road.

and accoding to govt. rules :
rear glass : 35% visibility
side glasses : 50% visibility
front glass : no tints at all
Wrong,
Central Motor Vehicle Acts Section 100. Safety glass-

(2) The glass of the windscreen and rear window of every motor vehicle shall be such and shall be maintained in such a condition that the visual transmission of light is not less than 70%. The glasses used for side windows are such and shall be maintained in such condition that the visual transmission of light is not less than 50% and shall conform to Indian Standards [IS: 2553-Part 2-1992];]

-----------Next Post-----------
The law states that the front and rear windows of a vehicle should allow 75% light to pass through which means a tint of 25%is allowed. Also the side windows should allow of 50% light to pass through which means a tint of 50%. Any tint that does not comply with the regulations will be hence liable for fine.
Correction- In the place of 75%- 70%, And in the place of 25%- 30%. Regret the mistake.

Last edited:
Yes you are correct jalex about 50% on side windows and 70% visibility at rear window. But i don't think even if you have darker tints, it will be so much big problems. I have darker tints, and i don't feel any visibility issue.

Yes you are correct jalex about 50% on side windows and 70% visibility at rear window. But i don't think even if you have darker tints, it will be so much big problems. I have darker tints, and i don't feel any visibility issue.
You can also use 70% visibility tints on the front windscreen,its allowed by law. Tints can hamper the view to a great extent if they are dark. Try following a vehicle with dark tints and another with light ones, you will find that its easy following the one with the lighter tint as you can see what's happening in front of him. Also dark tints dont necessarily cut the heat unless provided that they are of the U.V blocking type. Dark tints also make it difficult to drive at twilight time and in rains when compared to a car with light tints.

hey guys, i am having a garware sunfilm on my scorpio. i am not at all happy with the outcome.

is it easy & safe to peel off the current film & install a new one?

can you guys tell me which product from 3M will suit me? i want the darkest (strictly black coloured, no other colour or reflective type) LEGAL film from them. how much will it cost me? i am opting for 3M as garware is crap & V Kool is too expensive.

also, what about front windscreen film? how much will that cost?

finally, where is the 3M distributor here in mumbai? any address or number?

I'll answer 2 of your queries.

1. its safe to peel off previous film , but at the film shop or accessory shop , as they peel it in right way. They have to peel off with help of a blade and soap water on glass

2.Dark colour is not legal. Any colour that is transparent like , even in night time are legal. The cop must be able to see your face.

Mild black is there to help you.

Here some of them fix in this way . mild film in front 2 glasses and darkest of all in all other glass. Difference will be noticed only if you go very near to car. Remember its mild in front not the lightest.

Here for 3 M there is just a single man , with house as his store and does job on order on phone.he works for main dealer and the main dealer in chennai and so i cant get
proper address of 3m in mumbai.

Both in 3m and garware windshield films are present , usefull at times(my view)

Last edited:
I am not sure about the pricing, but do check with llumar also. I have Llumar in my punto and i feel its good enough. For windscreen, 3M and vkool are recommended, check the price and take whatever come in your budget.

thanks for the help ilango. thanks to ilango, i got the quote from 3M, they quoted 4200 from all side windows & 4800 for windscreen.

Welcome raj , The prices are just exact. You can go for it.

Do check the film , they must have 3m running through the film.

But doesn windshield films affect driving at night??

Reduce the visibility to a bit , but not on high side. Reduces the glare of opposite cars too.

We have fixed in a innova and i just saw through the windscreen at night . though i didnt drive that.

350Z

Core Team
I too have never heard about “Ray Barrier” before but why V-Kool Image is attached? They’re quite popular.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom