Suncontrol Film - Help

today i went to store and asked one of good shop in rajouri garden about 3M films he gave me 4k :S which include front glass also but he didn't had any idea which film he was talking about >_> . will go ask authorized shops also

Last edited:
Hey Naveen looks cool no doubt , but they seem to be too dark!

@ Mastersquall Hmmm 4k for all windows? Then its not branded for sure!

@ Mastersquall Hmmm 4k for all windows? Then its not branded for sure!
that's what i also think .

hmm punjab police can't scare me now. I have taken print out of it

As per the provisions of sub-rule (2) of Rule 100 of the Central Motor Vehicles Rules, 1989 the glass of the windscreen and rear window of every motor vehicle has to be such and be maintained in such a condition that the visual transmission of light is not less than 70%.
The glasses used for side windows have to be such and be maintained in such condition that the visual transmission of light is not less than 50%.
The flagrant violation of the above said rule by use of extremely dark coloured sun films/tints on window glasses of cars led to the issuing of directions by the Hon'ble Punjab & Haryana High Court on the matter in CWP No.7639 of 1995 - Nimit Kumar versus Chandigarh Administration and Others The Hon'ble High Court restricted the use of 'Black Films on Window Glasses' to cars of only those persons/ VIPs who needed to use such films to avoid serious security hazards.
The Hon'ble Court authorised the Director General of Police or an officer duly authorized by him in this behalf (not below the rank of Additional Director General of Police) to issue permissions for the purpose to such persons under his seal and signatures. Consequent to this Court directive, permissions for use of black films were issued by way of special authorization stickers. The question that remained unsettled was whether these persons facing security risk could be permitted to use films darker than what was stipulated by the Central Motor Vehicle Rules.
The Hon'ble Supreme Court of India in its recent order dated 27-9-2004 in Civil Appeal No. 3700 of 1999 (arising out of CWP 7639 of 1995) has directed that the mandate of sub-rule (2) of Rule 100 of the Central Motor Vehicles Rules, 1989 has to be kept in view by the law & order enforcing agencies while laying down any security requirement.

Last edited by a moderator:
For my Etios, I had put 3M's CS50 sunfilm on the side and rear windows directly from the 3M dealer. It's a bit too transparent for my liking and when the sun light comes from the sides, it gets hot inside as well! In case anyone is thinking about going for this variant of the sunfilm, my suggestion is to at least go for RE50 instead of CS50. I am definitely not impressed with the heat rejection.

I plan to put garware ice cool shield for my verna's windshield. Any idea on the current price in Bangalore? Any suggestions on good shop near Koramangala area?

I plan to put garware ice cool shield for my verna's windshield. Any idea on the current price in Bangalore? Any suggestions on good shop near Koramangala area?
The Garware website didn't have details on the authorized distributor/dealer for Bangalore. So contacted the Chennai regional office to find out the details. They gave me the number of Sunny Automobiles who is the distributor of Karnataka.
Sunny referred me to Glamour Car Accessories Koramangala, Bangalore.

Today, I got garware icecool shield installed from them. The price was Rs:2800. The overall experience was good with the shop.

dear all, the recent govt order or removal of dark tints from car glass shields has put me in a dilemna. my car tints appear very dark though the fitting guy told otherwise when i had fitted it three years back. now to avoid hassle for violating orders . i wish to remove the extra tints. will removal of the tinted sheets cause marks/stains on the glass and does it requires expert removal . if it is self help what could be used to remove the adhesive marks/ stains left by the sheets on the actual screens without damaging the look of the original screens . what are the latest remedies for sun control without violating government orders.

Last edited:
better get it removed from experts, they will charge you rs. 150 or so for removal of film from all windows, do not self remove because you may leave marks, and there's slight stickiness when the film is taken off, so they know how to clean it properly

i wish to remove the extra tints. will removal of the tinted sheets cause marks/stains on the glass and does it requires expert removal .
Hi, removal of side glass tints should not be a problem but if your car has a defogger for rear glass then you should be very careful as you will damage it while removing rear glass tint so better to get it removed by an expert.

Top Bottom