yamaha YZF-R1

• Go For It

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Dont Go For It

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Thread Starter #1
Ive been into the Automotive India Forum for some time now and have read and posted many posts for suggestions and lots and lots of other automotive forums like this.

Well I need a few suggestions.

Ive been passionate for bikes for a very long time.

Ive Driven the
Pulsar 150 CC,
Pulsar 200 CC with Performance pistons, Filters and lastly the
Pulsar 220 CC with Performance pistons, Filters and tuned for extreme Torque and power with other Modifications

Now am looking to take my passion a step further i want to climb the Ladder of CC's gradually but there is a problem i wanted to go for a 600 CC Bike that is the Yamaha YZF-R6 but it cannot be imported here in India[anger].

Well Nevermind but the Yamaha YZF-R1[thumbsup] is available in the India market regardless of the price i know its priced at 12.5 lakhs and with the Duties and RTO It'll cost me around 15 lakhs But i want to buy that Bike.

I need suggestions cause of me going from a 220 CC Pulsar straight to a 1000 CC R1 is the matter of concern for me as to how will be the response i mean the pick up, the power, the torque of the R1 is a lot compared to the 220 Pulsar.

So I Need Suggestions should i go for this bike ?

i don't remember much which yamaha bike i have TD of my friend i think it was R1 though still confuse . Response of that bike was awesome . person need series guts to ride it which i didn't had so never went above 80 on it . Still braking and control was very good

AMG

Suspended
Go for a ninja 650 or Hyosung 650.

80 BHP should be enough.

Dont go straight to 180 BHP

My personal advice:

Go and buy a Ducati HyperMotard.

Go for a ninja 650 or Hyosung 650.

80 BHP should be enough.

Dont go straight to 180 BHP
I agree with you all the way.
I had done my learning of riding on a 225cc and am looking at getting a 600cc. Having ridden a few 600cc bikes my advice is don't get a R1. See if your like me like to change gears late (so you can hear the engine) etc... by the time you get to that point where the engine comes alive you will already being doing 60 + (1st gear, 600cc bike). Being in Australia where the speeds are high, roads are clear its all fun and game. BUT in india on a r1 no way. Too much power and your front wheel will be off the ground, traffic and what more bad driving skills plus bad roads = disaster!

Save your money and get ninja 650 or Hyosung 650.

....................................................11 111

Last edited:

Top Bottom