Suggestions in Buying a New Premium Car Upto Rs.26 Lakh

I td foruner cruze.liked the foruner drive a lot but only the brakes were not satisfactory but just ok so thought i will try cruze but it is not my thing as had to keep my legs cramped.went and checked on elantra,quiet spacious but have not td yet.the elantra comes with basic colours white silver and red and next thing too many feautures and i am just wondering the quality between hyundai and toyota.so for now between elantra or fortuner.checkd the sonato too but it is just huge and does not give better view as with elantra
Fortuner and elantra are 2 different cars and can never be compared . Fortuner will be easy on pocket and will be extremely reliable in long run . The fortuner dosent have the jaaz of features but whatever it has will work perfectly .

About sedans you have the Cruze , fluence , jetta and elantra test drive all and then decide .

You can test drive the captiva Santa Fe just to compare it with fortuner .

Thread Starter #47
@gurrala. I went in for checking elantra just as it is an hyundai but just keep that as an option.i am not happy with what i hear about skoda quality and service so never tried it even.
@raja ya mate i understand fortuner and elantra cannot be compared but if its suv i go with fortuner and if suppose i change my mind i wanted to try whats best with sedan below 20l.i tried cruze but for my tall structure i felt cramped,fluence is great but the facelift version should be out and i cant wait realy.jetta i have not tried,elantra is good,spacious so just keeping now as option.captiva new version comes only in auto and is 30l on road so i wldnt want,santa fe is already waiting for its fluidic version.the thing is i want to buy something safe in terms of quality and service so kept toyota my first pref. followed by hyundai.i am happy with fortuner but just worried with its brakes as it was not sharp but a steep push.anyhow its just between fortuner and elantra,i did not compare but if i stil have a doubt with its brakes i would go for a sedan and that will be elantra

Thread Starter #48
Every car has its down side so i am just tossing,elantra going to have bumpy ride at high speeds and lack of steering feel.fortuner will be little bumpy in city but excellent in highways as the suspension set up is different.if i go for elantra i would have to compramise ride comfort and if its fortuner i just have to be careful with brakes.my mind working between these

Thread Starter #50
Hey xovy,definitely the ride was smooth with the fortuner though it looks huge and comparing with the brakes aria would give additional confidence but nothing exceptional to say or its going to be better than fortuner.i have td fortuner before buying aria and now after using aria for months and now when i td the new fortuner ,i could feel the difference.

Hey xovy,definitely the ride was smooth with the fortuner though it looks huge and comparing with the brakes aria would give additional confidence but nothing exceptional to say or its going to be better than fortuner.i have td fortuner before buying aria and now after using aria for months and now when i td the new fortuner ,i could feel the difference.
Fortuner is a wonderful beast, but even I felt it is bit bumpy and braking is not that confident.

Sorry to ask you this, but have you tried doing TD of Storme any time, if not do it just for the sake how you feel about it. Please do not go for this TD keeping in mind about your Aria problems or thinking that TATA will always produce bad vehicles

About Skoda, it used to be a pathetic service cost and spares cost earlier, but believe me they have improved a lot these days(I am saying with the personal experience of a Skoda Octavia since 2006 till now, its really awesome Sedan with good FE and superb handling and space) but again it depends from city to city how the Skoda is offering their services

Every car has its down side so i am just tossing,elantra going to have bumpy ride at high speeds and lack of steering feel.fortuner will be little bumpy in city but excellent in highways as the suspension set up is different.if i go for elantra i would have to compramise ride comfort and if its fortuner i just have to be careful with brakes.my mind working between these
Elantra isn't as composed as Jetta, Fluence. I would pick Elantra for its Features, Styling, Price. In other terms Jetta is my pick.

Fortuner and elantra are 2 different cars and can never be compared . Fortuner will be easy on pocket and will be extremely reliable in long run . The fortuner dosent have the jaaz of features but whatever it has will work perfectly .

About sedans you have the Cruze , fluence , jetta and elantra test drive all and then decide .
Fortuner is extremely reliable and is the best choice in SUVs.
I would pick the Jetta for its road manners, its engine is also the best of the lot. Though it is not as loaded as Elantra only in terms of Comfort Features. Jetta is loaded with safety features.

Thread Starter #53
@gurrla Ok I will check on skoda cars as well before I decide taking your point in my mind,thanks but sure I would not go for storme not because my bad experience or anything but personally i do not like the looks first of all.
@nishanth thanks for the info mate.

@gurrla Ok I will check on skoda cars as well before I decide taking your point in my mind,thanks but sure I would not go for storme not because my bad experience or anything but personally i do not like the looks first of all.
@nishanth thanks for the info mate.
Ok, have you seen Storm in flesh ?? have a TD of Storme if you have time for my sake and give your valuable feedback[:)]

@ karthik

If you have the money to spend don't buy the storme .

Though we can't compare sedans with SUVs , I still will say fortuner in long run will give you less maintence and will be more reliable then jetta , elantra or anything .

If I was you I will not even think twice to buy a fortuner , the road presence is just unmatched .

@ karthik

If you have the money to spend don't buy the storme .

Though we can't compare sedans with SUVs , I still will say fortuner in long run will give you less maintence and will be more reliable then jetta , elantra or anything .

If I was you I will not even think twice to buy a fortuner , the road presence is just unmatched .
Raja, I never wanted Karthick to buy a Storm after his episode of Aria and also the kind of budget he is with now, just out of curiosity as he was a owner of Aria for some time, and just wanted to learn his opinion on Storme[:)]

Yes, Fortuner road presence is just great

Thread Starter #57
@gurrala. I will sure have a TD for you and let you know what I feel about it and even I am curious to try it but not buy it so no harm in a TD.
@raja you are very right

Thread Starter #58
Td elantra today.everything i liked except the front face that doesnt look trendy and tbe steering was behaving like a video game wheel means keeps turning automaticaly.i asked the person and he told its new technology and the steering assists in driving but i do not understand as it was showing quiet obvious.i turn to left and the steering turns to right as such to keep in a straight line.i think this would disturb when you take some sharp cut and the steering gets back?

Guys 2wd or 4wd fortuner
Go for the 4WD its real fun and its worth the xtra buck, recently had a chance to sneak peak into the new honda CR-V, Boy o Boy its a stunner when looking on to its prev generation's

With the current market trend i would not repent going for a petrol SUV and CR-V is the SUV to go for, it fits in all over the bill and has the class and is indeed a hot (soft) SUV

Would be able to comment more after a TD, but this one is gonna rock for sure.Just check in if you are able to find one for TD

Summing up

Fortuner is [evil]

New CR-V is [glasses]

Last edited:

Top Bottom