Suggestions in Buying a New Premium Car Upto Rs.26 Lakh

If you are open to cruze , you could also think of the jetta as an option or an accord.
With diesel de regulation now done, petrol should not be out of contention.

I thought of cruze but still for my comfort its low roof would not suit me and also the rear is little cramped and I am now little bit wavering between elantra - sonata - fortuner.I thought of corolla but the new version will be out in 2014 may be and I don't want to buy an out dated one.Help help help but for sure I do not want to buy something and keep envy something.I want to be happy 100%
For massive ego boosting(since you used the word envy) it has to be the Fortuner. Elantras and Sonatas would make it look classy but nothing really beats the brawny butch character of the Fortuner(not even the Land cruiser in my view)

Karthick,have you test driven Pajero Sport? This SUV has better ride quality then T-Fort,please check it ASAP! Also if you are looking for a comfortable sedan then new Camry ain't that bad a option.What say?

Thread Starter #35
Hi xovy how are you.Pajero I would not prefer considering its service network and also the price > than fortuner.I do love the camry but not ready to shed that much money when it is still going to be a 5 seater, typical Indian me.So I mean fortuner is my last price budget and if am going for any kind of sedan or something it should fall below fortuner.

Hi xovy how are you.Pajero I would not prefer considering its service network and also the price > than fortuner.I do love the camry but not ready to shed that much money when it is still going to be a 5 seater, typical Indian me.So I mean fortuner is my last price budget and if am going for any kind of sedan or something it should fall below fortuner.
I and my wife were driving the fortuner today almost whole day , close your eyes and buy it its just amazing car with mind blowing road presence and extremely powerful engine , and very easy to drive . Paid service will cost you max 3000-5000 rs , That is what my friend is paying .

Attachments

Last edited:
@Karthikramu:
IMO you can consider these cars(I have tested many of them quite well)..

Sedan:
  • VW Jetta is the best choice under 20 lac. And go straight ahead for a Skoda vRS of you want a road rocket.
  • VW Passat is the best one under 25 lac or say upto 26-27..simply nothing comes close. It is a car which will make you feel like you are flying on the road whenever you press the throttle, simply mind blowing quality, performance, FE, comfort and ride - handling combo.

SUV:
  • Go straight for a Toyota Fortuner, it carries the 'T' badge.. Do I need say anything else? It is a true monster and has addictive power delivery. Really addictive especially at the times it roars and runs ahead on heavy throttle inputs.

Last edited:
@Karthick: Thanks,am fine buddy.Looks like Fortuner is going to be your last option! As others have suggested,if you're looking to buy a 7 seater SUV,then nothing beats it for the price.BTW,what about Skoda Superb TSI?

@Karthick

It is clear that your heart and mind like the Fortuner and even our choice is also Fortuner, so go and buy one quickly and post an ownership thread man[clap]

Karthick Sir,

No need of prayers Sir, everything is in your mind and hands, it takes days and months together for a discussion, but it just takes one minute for decision[clap]

Thread Starter #44
I td foruner cruze.liked the foruner drive a lot but only the brakes were not satisfactory but just ok so thought i will try cruze but it is not my thing as had to keep my legs cramped.went and checked on elantra,quiet spacious but have not td yet.the elantra comes with basic colours white silver and red and next thing too many feautures and i am just wondering the quality between hyundai and toyota.so for now between elantra or fortuner.checkd the sonato too but it is just huge and does not give better view as with elantra

Karthick

If it is Sedan, then why don't you think about Skoda Laura new model or Superb both are good cars than Elantra I hope

Top Bottom