Suggestions for My First Car – Should I Buy Indigo eCS GLX?

Thread Starter #1
Hello everyone,

Iam sreeraj.[:)] Iam an engineering student and iam planning to have my first car. I really need suggetions and openions from all of you. My parents have listed TATA indigo ecs GLX petrol ver. for me, but hearing a lot of good and bad reviews about the car and iam confused. Hope you guys will help me.

Maximum budget : 5.5 k

Requirements : must be spacious and good looking (never mind mileage)

I'm looking for the petrol version coz the maximum running will be around 250 km per month, and dat too is a reason y i went for tata petrol car.
iam giving more priority to indigo coz its a sedan, the features it provides, spacious and heard its a VFM car. The OTP of the car at kerala is 5.32.500 INR. iam looking forward to all your valuable openions guys and please let me know if i cud have a better car within this budget.

cheers guys [cheers]

Re: Need suggestions for my first car; Should i buy Indigo eCS GLX petrol?

Tata Indigo eCS is a great car to own, but only when it comes to the DICOR (Diesel) version. Persoanlly, i am not fond of the Tata petrol engines which is why i would suggest you to look out for some more options which are available to you in that budget. If you dont mind going for a hatchback, then you can consider Honda Jazz which is spacious, refined & VFM.

Thread Starter #4

guys so z the problem about maintanance or engine of TATA? can u be more specific please...

Re: Need help with my new car- About to book TATA indigo ecs GLX petrol

How about considering a hatchback ? Since your running is low, I am assuming that you would not be traveling with heavy luggage in your car and very less or nil highways runs would be there. Please correct me.

How about Hyundai Accent ? Good old horse, looks good but dated but then serves your purpose.

Thread Starter #6

hi shailinder you are right i would be doing mostly city runs but i will have some occasional long trips with my family and thats why i preferred a sedan. i liked ford figo but was put down coz many of my friends said the maintanance cost was high and the only other hatchback that came to my taste is i20 but since iam tight on budget i can only afford to have the base end model 1.2 era.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey sreeraj go for it, I too own Indica XETA that has same engine as eCS GLX, so far so good.But if you want to consider hatchback then Vista safire 65 will be best for you.

guys so z the problem about maintanance or engine of TATA? can u be more specific please...
I own a tata petrol car XETA from the past 5 years and it has been absolutely nice to use.Maintainence cost of zero Rs so far barring the engine oil changes.Fuel efficiency in city around 13 and in highways around 16 with full time AC on.Maximum mileage that i got has been 21 kmpl on a long highway trip.

Consider the VW Polo petrol. Service interval is 15,000kms or a year. And the base version will come within your budget. Its a solid car and eons away on the quality front from Tata.

Thread Starter #10
hi XOVER i think i will have to go for indigo itself ... how much mileage do u get for ur xeta? and is it underpowered?

jalex i accidently posted one of my thrrad in another forum....:sorry: how can i remove one of it? or can it be merged ? iam a newbie here so please guide ...

If you are looking for a spacious petrol car then why not give a try for i20 Era? it has more of legroom in the rear and the same case with Punto 1.4 Dynamic these have better petrol engines,good legroom and more of premium feel.
You can also try with Figo 1.2 Titanium will be VFM for 5.50 lakhs better legroom which matches the eCS and you get an added safety of ABS and Airbags too.

jalex i accidently posted one of my thrrad in another forum....:sorry: how can i remove one of it? or can it be merged ? iam a newbie here so please guide ...
No problem, Just report it to the mods and they will merge it as one. I have already mentioned it in my above post.

hi XOVER i think i will have to go for indigo itself ... how much mileage do u get for ur xeta? and is it underpowered?
Mileage of 14-16 kmpl overall with AC on most times, and underpowered, hell no ,the car is everything but not underpowered, the torque at lower rpms is very impressive to say the least.

Persoanlly, i am not fond of the Tata petrol engines which is why i would suggest you to look out for some more options which are available to you in that budget.
+100 To master Akash .Tata are not good for petrol cars see other options.
AFAIK there is nothing wrong with the TATA petrol engines except that they are not very exciting to drive. Reliability wise they are good. Since the diesels form a major chunk of the sales, the petrol engine gets sidelined.

If you are looking for a spacious petrol car then why not give a try for i20 Era? it has more of legroom in the rear and the same case with Punto 1.4 Dynamic these have better petrol engines,good legroom and more of premium feel.
You can also try with Figo 1.2 Titanium will be VFM for 5.50 lakhs better legroom which matches the eCS and you get an added safety of ABS and Airbags too.
I think he wants a "Sedan".

No problem, Just report it to the mods and they will merge it as one. I have already mentioned it in my above post.
There is a triangle with an exclamation mark. Just click on it and fill in your reasons. The mods will only be too happy as you're doing a part of their job. It is not possible for the mods to notice everything, so whenever you see something that has missed the mods eye do report it.

Threads Merged.

Top Bottom