Suggestions for My First Car – Should I Buy Indigo eCS GLX?

Re: Need suggestions for my first car; Should i buy Indigo eCS GLX petrol?

But when you made a statement like "no fiat petrol " , i think you had a more valid explanation from your experience . It would be helpful if you please explain the areas fiat petrol's are infamous. Form my experience it is

1. Refined
2, Rev friendly
3. Low end torque is there for city driveability
4. Fuel efficieny: 12.5 in city and 14.5 in hghway (As the kerb weight is more i dont expect the punto to offer more )
Just chill down buddy, people give opinion about a product without experiencing it.I really love Punto Fire 90 version for its rev friendly nature.Similarly people give verdicts about Tata petrol cars without ever using it.I am using a tata petrol car for the last 5 yrs and no problems faced at all be it performannce or mileage.Its so sad that in India people are not willing to think outside Maruti Suzuki petrol cars.[frustration]

Just chill down buddy, people give opinion about a product without experiencing it.I really love Punto Fire 90 version for its rev friendly nature.Similarly people give verdicts about Tata petrol cars without ever using it.I am using a tata petrol car for the last 5 yrs and no problems faced at all be it performannce or mileage.Its so sad that in India people are not willing to think outside Maruti Suzuki petrol cars.[frustration]
Dude that is the backup or rapport that MS have made!!
It doesn't calls for experiencing but the product feed backs and their opinions matter.
In fact i liked the Indica petrol version(before Xeta) because it was rev happy.

If people are suggesting to go for maruti or hyundai cars if chosen petrol then they would have good experiences and this reaches the masses because its preferred for brand name,quality and all.

Hi Xover,
A lot of newbie's are following this thread for decision making . So it would be nice to have an opinion with reasons than simply making statements like : Tata petrol is not good. Comparison is very subjective but still it makes sensible with valid reasons. So it may be helpful for others to take a decision logically

Hi Xover,
A lot of newbie's are following this thread for decision making . So it would be nice to have an opinion with reasons than simply making statements like : Tata petrol is not good. Comparison is very subjective but still it makes sensible with valid reasons. So it may be helpful for others to take a decision logically
Well said buddy totally agree with you here.Sweeping statements should not be made without valid arguments.

Just chill down buddy, people give opinion about a product without experiencing it.I really love Punto Fire 90 version for its rev friendly nature.Similarly people give verdicts about Tata petrol cars without ever using it.I am using a tata petrol car for the last 5 yrs and no problems faced at all be it performannce or mileage.Its so sad that in India people are not willing to think outside Maruti Suzuki petrol cars.
There is valid reason why people do not dare to look beyond maruti cars.
recently our neighbourhood Indica petrol car Had issues with steering alignment 1500km run. 2 days it was kept in Tata workshop . when there was no call owner himself went to TASS to enquire, for which he was asked to wait for 1 hour.
when car was delivered back he was like off the feet!!!
the steering remained same messy as before with floor mats and idol missing. when he took the matter seriously it was revealed that TASS could not fix the it so they just washed it and returned.

Thread Starter #36
Re: Fresher in TAI

Sreeraj welcome to TAI, As a beat owner I will recommend beat LT1.2 (O). it comes with ABS, alloys, airbags, automatic climate control and much more features. plus you can obtain a milage of upto 23 by good driving, currently am getting a milage of 19 km/Ltr. OTR for petrol option pack around 5.20 at pkd.
thank you vinayan, BTW how much km have you done with the diesel version? And hows the performance?

There is valid reason why people do not dare to look beyond maruti cars.
recently our neighbourhood Indica petrol car Had issues with steering alignment 1500km run. 2 days it was kept in Tata workshop . when there was no call owner himself went to TASS to enquire, for which he was asked to wait for 1 hour.
when car was delivered back he was like off the feet!!!
the steering remained same messy as before with floor mats and idol missing. when he took the matter seriously it was revealed that TASS could not fix the it so they just washed it and returned.
Tata should act strict here and cancel the dealership of these fellows, this " Sarcari" attitude of TASS need to be forsaken by them or pay serious consequences.

@Xover and nithin buddy don't take it so serious no offense buddy .But still my stand is to stay away from petrol cars from TAta and FIAT .
Can you tell exactly tell how many petrol cars do Tata sell each month They are good in diesel cars I don't have any doubt even I recommended him one so Xover don't get furious i am not against Tata .(I know you are a tata guy and will come against me)
About fiat petrol the company sells around 500-700 cars a month and most of them are diesel then after a while he will be running for spares if he is not in a metro so I suggested him not to get it.
About experiencing about a car you need not go to the outer atmosphere to see if the earth is a sphere! we study that.
I had a personal experience with fiat, my first car is a fiat palio and when I met with a small accident I was searching the whole state for spares didn't get it and then got old spares from accident vehicles and completed the work.The car stood in the workshop for three months.[frustration]
if we are having multiple cars in a family it is OK to take risk but if it is the only car there is no point in taking risk buddy so we get herd mentality in our country because many of our family could afford only one car (like me) but I took the risk of palio and got beaten and again took risk and went for Lancer (But I never will recommend a Lancer or a Palio for my friends if that cars is the only car in their family)

Last edited:
Re: Suggestions for My First Car – Should I Buy Indigo eCS GLX?

@Xover and nithin buddy don't take it so serious no offense buddy .But still my stand is to stay away from petrol cars from TAta and FIAT .
Can you tell exactly tell how many petrol cars do Tata sell each month They are good in diesel cars I don't have any doubt even I recommended him one so Xover don't get furious i am not against Tata .(I know you are a tata guy and will come against me)
About fiat petrol the company sells around 500-700 cars a month and most of them are diesel then after a while he will be running for spares if he is not in a metro so I suggested him not to get it.
About experiencing about a car you need not go to the outer atmosphere to see if the earth is a sphere! we study that.
I had a personal experience with fiat, my first car is a fiat palio and when I met with a small accident I was searching the whole state for spares didn't get it and then got old spares from accident vehicles and completed the work.The car stood in the workshop for three months.[frustration]
Hi
Take it lightly my friend. I mean to say it's informative if you make your comments with reasons. I know fiat petrol engines are unpopular (i mean 1:300 may be the ratio when compared with diesel ). But i think there may be some reason behind their unpopularity which you can share.
We are all the members of same community. Sorry if you find me aggressive. I don't mean it

Re: Fresher in TAI

thank you vinayan, BTW how much km have you done with the diesel version? And hows the performance?
I own beat petrol. I used my old beat around 2800 km and new one about to reach 4000 kms , incase your going for Chevy vehicle you must get VIN number from dealer and make sure its not manufactured so long back.

beat diesel option pack will cost around 6.5

Last edited:

Hi
Take it lightly my friend. I mean to say it's informative if you make your comments with reasons. I know fiat petrol engines are unpopular (i mean 1:300 may be the ratio when compared with diesel ). But i think there may be some reason behind their unpopularity which you can share.
We are all the members of same community. Sorry if you find me aggressive. I don't mean it
Its OK buddy [cheers].
I want Fiat to succeed in all aspects of automobile industry in India ,I have a soft corner for them as my first vehicle is a fiat .my mum never felt as comfortable as my palio, with no other vehicle! they were against me when I called off to sell palio . but again the spares and AC made to sell it (Ac didn't work well nobody was able to find the reason )When asked in TASS they quoted about 1.2 lakhs for ecu,pump etc.. they claim after scanning they all should be replaced .God knows the truth.

Guys today saw an Indica eV2 Lx model, For Regn vehicle.

But i was shocked to see Black smoke coming from the new vehicle.[shock]

How is this possible, not only once till he moved a few kms, the smoke was coming.

How does such vehicle pass Emission test.

In my car i don't see such smoke.

@Xover and nithin buddy don't take it so serious no offense buddy .But still my stand is to stay away from petrol cars from TAta and FIAT

No offense taken buddy just chill down.
Can you tell exactly tell how many petrol cars do Tata sell each month They are good in diesel cars I don't have any doubt even I recommended him one so Xover don't get furious i am not against Tata
Tata sell 7000+ Nanos all petrol, any doubts now, and as a matter of fact Nano 2012 gives 25 kmpl and is India's most fuel efficient car.

(I know you are a tata guy and will come against me)
The Xover does not work for Tata, he simply loves it.And buddy over the years our family have experienced multiple Tata cars Petrol and diesel, so I know what am I talking about.And I am not against you dear, send me a friendship request and I will accept it gleefully[:)].

Last edited:

The Xover does not work for Tata, he simply loves it.And buddy over the years our family have experienced multiple Tata cars Petrol and diesel, so I know what am I talking about.And I am not against you dear, send me a friendship request and I will accept it gleefully.
Hi Xover
Cool reply man. Any way i like to be your friend. I already send you the request

No offense taken buddy just chill down.
Tata sell 7000+ Nanos all petrol, any doubts now, and as a matter of fact Nano 2012 gives 25 kmpl and is India's most fuel efficient car.

The Xover does not work for Tata, he simply loves it.And buddy over the years our family have experienced multiple Tata cars Petrol and diesel, so I know what am I talking about.And I am not against you dear, send me a friendship request and I will accept it gleefully
Nano is not in this league buddy I am asking about vista,indica or indigo about which we are talking about.Why did you draw a nano in this .OK leave it.The thread starter is not going to buy a nano at any cost.[evil]

About second command I thought you would come more furious about it but thank you. you asked me to be your friend and i accept that.And about your Tata love it is not love buddy you are crazy about them well it is upto you.[cheers]

Top Bottom