Suggestions for My First Car – Should I Buy Indigo eCS GLX?

Re: Need suggestions for my first car; Should i buy Indigo eCS GLX petrol?

Hello everyone,

Iam sreeraj.[:)] Iam an engineering student and iam planning to have my first car. I really need suggetions and openions from all of you. My parents have listed TATA indigo ecs GLX petrol ver. for me, but hearing a lot of good and bad reviews about the car and iam confused. Hope you guys will help me.

Maximum budget : 5.5 k

Requirements : must be spacious and good looking (never mind mileage)

I'm looking for the petrol version coz the maximum running will be around 250 km per month, and dat too is a reason y i went for tata petrol car.
iam giving more priority to indigo coz its a sedan, the features it provides, spacious and heard its a VFM car. The OTP of the car at kerala is 5.32.500 INR. iam looking forward to all your valuable openions guys and please let me know if i cud have a better car within this budget.

cheers guys [cheers]
[surprise]5.5 k
Why not consider Ritz Petrol? My gross report of a Ritz:
FE on highways with AC on : 21 kmpl
FE in city with AC on : 16 kmpl

Pros:
Refined and rev free engine, high speed stability is also good, well controlled body roll, air con is good.
Cons:
Boot Space, Rear bench is bit strangled for space.

Still I suggest not to go for a petrol Tata vehicle .If you wish to have a Tata car raise the budget and go for diesel your driving will dramatically increase in six month time for sure, for petrol Hyundai and Maruthi are the best! you have a good budget and why [frustration]?

Re: Fresher in TAI

Sreeraj welcome to TAI, As a beat owner I will recommend beat LT1.2 (O). it comes with ABS, alloys, airbags, automatic climate control and much more features. plus you can obtain a milage of upto 23 by good driving, currently am getting a milage of 19 km/Ltr. OTR for petrol option pack around 5.20 at pkd.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #20
hmmm hey guys can anyone tell me what is approx on OTP for fiat punto 1.2 dynamic (petrol varient ) ??

thnk you P3T3R :) and thnk you AKASH.

@ swapnil - hai actually iam fond of tata indigo coz i can have a sedan with me and about ritz. i love that vehicle but my mom juz hates it. she says it looks like some1 has given a kick to its rear.

@ swapnil - hai actually iam fond of tata indigo coz i can have a sedan with me... and about ritz....i love dat vehicle but my mom juz hates it... she says it looks like some1 has given a kick to its rear...
I second your mom's thought. kudos to her [clap] {no offense Ritz owners}.
Why punto petrol? If you are OK with Hatchback you have a lot of options buddy.

Thread Starter #22

hi Maximas007.... still my first preference is indigo itself... (actually decided by my parents )

but personally iam having two choices with me now indigo and punto 1.2 petrol...i have to collect more details on both... and have to know if i can afford 1.2 dynamic within my budget ( TATA indigo e cs comes with a tempting price tag of 5.3 k)...
i know FIAT is way better than TATA but wat to say, i ve fallen in love with the mini sedan from TATA..:stupid:
and must say the showroom experience wasnt that bad afterall... i [:)]

Hmmm I think you have decided with Indigo [evil] go for it buddy without hesitation.

Again no petrol from fiat also if decided on hatch go for Maruthi or Hyundai (again just my opinion let experts comment on this )

Thread Starter #24

hi this is the the information provided by the showroom guys so please tell ur openion if its a good deal...

TATA INDIGO ECS GLX petrol

vehicle price : 482632
insurance : 17520
tax :28658
discount : 10000

total cost : 523310 ( OTP)

accessories promised :

full mat -2500
seat cover -6000
basics -2000
and also 40 % reduction on a total of 22000 for alloys (official TATA alloys )

^^
Good deal, go for it.By the way is this offer for a 2011 made car or 2012 manufactured car.

Hmmm I think you have decided with Indigo [evil] go for it buddy without hesitation.

Again no petrol from fiat also if decided on hatch go for Maruthi or Hyundai (again just my opinion let experts comment on this )
Why not fiat petrol? Explain please...By the way am using a fiat petrol. I don't find any problems so far.

Why not fiat petrol? Explain please...By the way am using a fiat petrol. I don't find any problems so far.
Same reason they are not that famous for petrol engines here . I am not sure about overseas well if you are OK give the positives of the same and it may be helpful for him [cheers].

Hi
In overseas please have a look on the below link. Any way its a Multiair engine but not Fire. But Fiat petrols are also good

International Engine of the Year Awards 2011

Same reason they are not that famous for petrol engines here . I am not sure about overseas well if you are OK give the positives of the same and it may be helpful for him [cheers].
But when you made a statement like "no fiat petrol " , i think you had a more valid explanation from your experience . It would be helpful if you please explain the areas fiat petrol's are infamous. Form my experience it is

1. Refined
2, Rev friendly
3. Low end torque is there for city driveability
4. Fuel efficieny: 12.5 in city and 14.5 in hghway (As the kerb weight is more i dont expect the punto to offer more )

hi this is the the information provided by the showroom guys so please tell ur openion if its a good deal...

TATA INDIGO ECS GLX petrol

vehicle price : 482632
insurance : 17520
tax :28658
discount : 10000

total cost : 523310 ( OTP)

accessories promised :

full mat -2500
seat cover -6000
basics -2000
and also 40 % reduction on a total of 22000 for alloys (official TATA alloys )
How is the road tax so less?

Even for a 2 wheeler the road tax is 5600 here in Blore.

Top Bottom