Suggestions for Car Anti-Theft Devices

Thread Starter #1
I have a swift with iCAT but just wanted to know whether its sufficient or do i need any additional anti theft system as my car is parked outside at night and this area is very prone to car jacking.

thanks in advance.

raj

Re: Anti Theft System

Its better you add an central locking system to your car, you can go for xenos / autocop, even you can get MGA, nippon..

Costs you around 3-5 k..

Is yours a ZXi or ZDi?
If yes then it may be having remote locking and if it does not have then you can get one from market.

Thread Starter #4

Hi
Its ZXi ...but even having a central locking system cars gets stolen, I want an addition protection.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

there are some system in which you can locate the car's location through GPS.

start stop car just by sending a message from your phone. its that much easy. last i enquired system cost 17k. don't know the current price.

agree with @Allhyundaicars even I came across with some systems regarding this. If your car is opened with something else instead of the key the system will automatically send you a text message regarding it. The system will even keep tracking your car.

Thread Starter #7

Thank you. what are your thought about stearing and gear lock?

Last edited by a moderator:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

every car now a days has inbuilt steering lock :\ they why you all are discussing it ? and i believe swift also has this.

RAJ - just turn the steering to the right or left without the key engaged and the steering will itself lock.

you may go for gear lock. you can purchase "AUTO COPS" or "TEE LOCK"

every car now a days has inbuilt steering lock :\ they why you all are discussing it ? and i believe swift also has this.

RAJ - just turn the steering to the right or left without the key engaged and the steering will itself lock.

you may go for gear lock. you can purchase "AUTO COPS" or "TEE LOCK"
some showroom guys told me that autocop gear lock are prone to fail gearbox.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

ok then be on safer side and install any other gear lock. did you ask the reason why it will fail the gearbox. seem a bit strange to me.

350Z

Core Team

I have a swift with iCAT but just wanted to know whether its sufficient or do i need any additional anti theft system as my car is parked outside at night and this area is very prone to car jacking.
You might want to consider installing anti-theft alarm as a first step to prevent theft if the car does not already comes equipped with one. Steering locks / Gear locks though seem to be insignificant but are useful. Yes, another option is to install a car-tracking device from brands like MicroVBB or Map My India. Please refer to this link for a quick guide to secure the car from theft: http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...2998-securing-your-car-theft-tips-tricks.html

Drive Safe,
350Z

if you occasionally hire drivers from different agencies or references and since its a different driver each time you are nor sure if you can trust, so in such case is there any GPS tracking you can fix on your vehicle & check where all it has been or is currently and also lock down the vehicle remotely if there is such a need? Is there any such system available. I know these days private buses and school buses especially are GPS tracked. But this is for a single private vehicle. if you know any company which sells such a system or provides such a service please suggest. thanks

Top Bottom