Suggestions for a Reliable Home PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #31

350Z

Core Team
I know that I sound quite confused but my heart has now set for the Lenovo H-Series!

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #32

350Z

Core Team
I checked out most of my preferred models today, in person. Lenovo H-Series (310) is priced at Rs.28, 000, but no speakers, no discounts or anything. Whereas the HP and HCL models are comparatively cheaper and appears to be more value for money, HCL is ready to offer either a Printer or UPS along. Configurations of all are almost similar, and suitable for my requirements. Probably, decision is now between HP and HCL. I’m yet to check Acer though.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #34

350Z

Core Team
Why not check out Acer too? They may have some offers too.

HP or HCL both are good IMO.
Yes I’m yet to check Acer, they come at a good price but their looks are not up-to-date, unlike others. After my current HCL has served so well, I’m in no doubt about reliability of HCL models.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #35

350Z

Core Team
Ridiculously, Lenovo is not even offering a set of speakers with PC. Anyways, the decision will be made by this weekend, I shall keep you all updated. Meanwhile, any suggestions what can be done with current PC, retain or sell it off? I’m not going to exchange since they are offering value of only Rs.2,000 for a PC which was bought for Rs.40,000!

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #37

350Z

Core Team
Ridiculously, Lenovo is not even offering a set of speakers with PC. Anyways, the decision will be made by this weekend, I shall keep you all updated. Meanwhile, any suggestions what can be done with current PC, retain or sell it off? I’m not going to exchange since they are offering value of only Rs.2,000 for a PC which was bought for Rs.40,000!

Drive Safe,
350Z
There no use of retaining your old pc when you dont want to upgrade it. Sinc you are getting a new pc for yourself, i believe the older one wont be used, so better try to sell it off to some guy who deals with old computers. Maybe he can give a better price.

But still you can good speakers outside which provide amazing SQ at decent prices.

And as Akash said if you wont be using it then its better to sell it off as it would just be a waste and occupying space too at home. Try selling to some computer shops in your place , you may get a better value.

Thread Starter #40

350Z

Core Team
I'll sell it if I get at least a satisfactory price, because currently the PC is in perfectly fine running condition. Secondly, about speakers - It's not about getting them after market, I can even use the HCL-supplied Altec Lansing speakers system, but the point is that Lenovo is not offering them at all with PC worth Rs.30,000. Some one has just informed me about HP computer (Not-slimline) under Rs.25,000 which has 4 GB RAM, 500 GB Hard disk space, 19" Monitor etc. and a UPS is also included. Sounds too good to be true, but I'll check it personally.

Drive Safe,
350Z

That configuration is really impressive , check it out soon.

You must get a good price surely if that's the condition of your PC. 2k is really less , a CRT monitor alone can be sold more than that amount!

Yes you can sell the components separately at different shops to get a good price for each of them.

But you need to bargain a lot and time consuming!

Thread Starter #45

350Z

Core Team
There's a slight change in plan, Now I'm also open with an option to replace laptop with an extended budget. The research is still going on, I'll keep you all posted.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom