Suggestions for a Diesel Car within 6 - 8 Lakhs

Micra is a good contender, however given Kolkata and Micra's low ground clearance .. will definitely scrape the bottom.
Otherwise a very fine car with good features.

Why not give a look at your nearest Tata showroom for Indian Vista err Indica Vista.featurewise and ergonomically it is far better than any of the model mentioned above.
but caution get yourself through n through with the dealership and service centre.
We have quite a number of Happy Vista and manza owners onboard Tai.
So I am recomending.
Fully loaded Vista is the best VFM. My cousin bought it recently and made Bangalore->Pune->Mumbai trip and loads of 6-8 hour trips. He is extremely happy. In fact few of his friends also bought the same model.

I sat on it (didn't drive). I was surprised to see all the features that you find in much expensive cars.

The car runs on a Fiat engine.

Just be ready to deal with TASS. My cousin takes his vista to a mechanic friend (who has his own shop) for servicing.

In 6-8 Lakh Rs range you will find all-most all the premium hachbacks..
Vista is truely VMF car but I am still afraid of TASS.
If City driving & Mileage is of your priority & (of course) Nissan delearship in available in Kolkata, you can consider this as a strong option. TD it to believe its performance.
Other than that, I believe Punto, i20, Swift can also be considered

Leaving punto and swift aside why not try the all new Indica manza .. you have more offers and discounts on the go.. swift is very much common and a long wait time
punto the .....ASS network is a big pain. i have friends who keep waiting for small spare parts like glass beeding rubber for weeks that too in bangalore

One of the other options is VM Polo, the car look simple but classy and the ride quality is at par with swift but with the better build quality.
I personally like Punto the best, but the only problem is the after sales service which needs to be done with TATA, who i have heard do step behavior with Fiat cars.

Yes, when it comes to fiat they are nowhere yet! Still going Ram bharose.

Manza fully loaded may exceed the said budget.

With my personal experience Vista is best car to own given its comfort and quality of ride.previouse vista had niggles and poor quality fitments but now it seems all have been sorted .

One of the other options is VM Polo, the car look simple but classy and the ride quality is at par with swift but with the better build quality.
I personally like Punto the best, but the only problem is the after sales service which needs to be done with TATA, who i have heard do step behavior with Fiat cars.
Being a stout 6 foot guy i really felt the egress terrible in polo, but apart from that the diesel version too feels underpowered when you compare it with the swift's turbo pull and punto's high end perfomance.. both are a class apart[clap]

I agree the VW Polo is a very good choice.It has amazing ride,handling,stability and built,has the premium feel that only a German car can bring.its solid and eats up potholes without a niggle,there is no rattling even after 2 years.In your price range you can even get the top of the line Highline fitted with all the goodies like steering mounted audio controls,bluetooth,2 din audio w USB etc etc.With all of this it gives a good mileage too

Top Bottom