Already painted the Grill, Door Handles,
Dark Black Window Glasses,
All ABC Pillar blackened,

Now planning for extra

Black mat finishing Nudge Guard (M Tek)
Fog Lamps (Hella / Lightforce)

Ski Rack (Not Available)

Roof Lamps between Ski Rack

now the problem is i'm not able to mount the Ski rack as Mahindra peoples denied to do, even not able to find in local market, if you have any local suppliers who manufactured Ski rack please PM me.

Here are some pics which i found in Facebook

Attachments

Thread Starter #3
Your car looks so cool in the avatar image!

I have no idea about that ski-rack , maybe Ilango can help you!
Thanks Dhaya,,

I am desperately searching the Ski Rack at every accessories shop all are able to provide me Scorpio Rack,

i am attaching more pics of my car here,,

Attachments

Hi sanjuz, Welcome to The Automotive India.

Your ride looks really nice with blackened pillars. I have seen the pics of a similar ride on M&M Xylo FB page, is that yours.
Regarding the mods, i would suggest you to go for the alloys which will enhance the exterior appeal of your ride. A spoiler(lip) will also do wonders.

Thread Starter #5
Hi sanjuz, Welcome to The Automotive India.

Your ride looks really nice with blackened pillars. I have seen the pics of a similar ride on M&M Xylo FB page, is that yours.
Regarding the mods, i would suggest you to go for the alloys which will enhance the exterior appeal of your ride. A spoiler(lip) will also do wonders.
Thanks Akash, yes those were my pics which i uploaded in Facebook, won the Photo of Month for the First Pic,

Well alloys are in my mind but that will cost me more than 25K which is now out of my Budget, will go for 5 Spoke

Spoiler is good option

Right now Looking for Ski Rack, with 4 Fog Lamps on Roof between those Racks like above Black Xylo,, that Black Xylo looks too cool one of my Favorite talked with Owner for his modification the Bull Guard only costs 28K (Carry Boy)

A Nudge Guard from Ajanta Enterprise only for 4K

IMO a bull guard (one on the black Xylo) will look good. Our member Rajeev (raj_5004) has similar one on his Scorpio. You can have a look at it here:http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/55-my-scorpio-vlx-powered-mhawk.html.

And about the alloys, if you plan to get them after sometime, then get some after market wheel caps for the time being. The current ones are actually spoiling the looks. I have seen a few Xylos with Innova wheel caps which looked great. Try those.

Thread Starter #8
IMO a bull guard (one on the black Xylo) will look good. Our member Rajeev (raj_5004) has similar one on his Scorpio. You can have a look at it here:http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/ownership-reviews/55-my-scorpio-vlx-powered-mhawk.html.

And about the alloys, if you plan to get them after sometime, then get some after market wheel caps for the time being. The current ones are actually spoiling the looks. I have seen a few Xylos with Innova wheel caps which looked great. Try those.
Apart from Carry Boy i would like to go with Ajanta Enterprise (4000/-) or M Tek (6900/-)
Here are the pics of these Guards

Attachments

Thread Starter #10
ilango[speed thirst];74340 said:
After market are stick on type , not so usefull as OE.
OE is drilled to body and is made of metal.
Thats the exact problem, Mahindra Peoples denied to fit those Ski Rack even not able to sell those Rack from Spare ,

Currently Ski Rack are available in E 6 & Celebration Model,,

Drilling of fitting can be leak my roof from Market, Double Gum may not hold the weight of Rack + gonna attach a horizontal rod for fixing the roof lamps

Xylo is now common UV, its accessories has to be available in market whether Original or Duplicate,

Just talked with a accessories supplier he confirm to get me Ski Rack @ 2800/-

Help me out for Mounted the Ski Rack

Thread Starter #11
ilango[speed thirst];74340 said:
After market are stick on type , not so usefull as OE.
OE is drilled to body and is made of metal.
Thats the exact problem, Mahindra Peoples denied to fit those Ski Rack even not able to sell those Rack from Spare ,

Currently Ski Rack are available in E 6 & Celebration Model,,

Drilling of fitting can be leak my roof from Market, Double Gum may not hold the weight of Rack + gonna attach a horizontal rod for fixing the roof lamps

Xylo is now common UV, its accessories has to be available in market whether Original or Duplicate,

Just talked with a accessories supplier he confirm to get me Ski Rack @ 2800/-

Help me out for Mounted the Ski Rack

Attachments

No after market drilling not advisable.

good stick on tapes will be provided in the product . some times hold good , but not like original. many a times during a puncture repair people tent to hold them. stick on type comes with your hand.

best is try to get is through dealer, if not one then other if available in your city or some other city nearby when u visit, best to get ski racks done is through MASS, which would drill holes and fix them rather then aftermarket ones which doesnot guarantee to hold on with stick on tapes, also add alloys which would enhance the looks when your vitamin M permits.

Thread Starter #14
Yesterday i fitted my Ski Rack on my Xylo on Double Gum which was cost me Just 2000 /-, it was holding nicely, but after fitting i found that its not looking same as company fitted (e 6 or Celebration) and i checked in Internet and found that they both are different.

Difference are nominal like the the Gap betweeen rail & roof is less in mine compare to original one the Hight of Ski Rack is smaller, and length too about 100 mm, now after that i asked to my accessories suppleir to keep it back but he denied said once stick i will not able to sell those,

Today i called to Mahindra ASS, they have ski rack which will cost me around under 5000 /- and fitting of ski rack can be around 2500 /- [surprise] and two days required to fitting, they will drill and fix it but no guarantee of Leak.

So I am confusing here a Duplicate which cost me 2000 /- is not same as Original and Original will cost me upto 7500 /- with two days.

will upload the pics soon, to show you the difference,

Top Bottom