Suggestion Required for New SUV: Budget Rs.14.5 Lakh (Bought XUV 5OO W8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #32
re: Suggestions Needed for a New Car: Budget Rs.8 -14.5 Lakhs

SO its going to be either Vento or Verna.I can feel that.
Yes that's what i think. Because as of now everybody is bent more towards the Vento but let's see will verna be successful in impressing everyone or not.

Thread Starter #33

TD Report Hyundai Verna:
Finally we took the last TD which was Hyundai Verna. It was a 1.6 CRDI (SX) version. Compared to other cars TDed Verna's interior and the list of features impressed everyone. The interior quality is good as well and does not look cheap. Dad did get a chance to rev the car hard and he felt that the car is quite silent and has good amount of torque. The ride was quite comfortable (all thanks to the soft suspension). Also my dad felt that the turbo lag is negligible and not a problem. The car is easy to drive in city as well as highway.

Dad did get a chance to take the car till 110-120 km/hr to check the handling of the car and he was pretty much happy with it. The flat rear floor unlike the Vento, rear view camera and boot space are a big plus of verna.

So after taking the TD and considering all the options in our budget we have decided to go ahead with the Hyundai Verna 1.6 CRDI (SX) version. We will be booking the car by the end of the week.

We will be booking the car by the end of the week.

Congrta's buddy Verna surely comes packed with loads of features compared to bare minimal feature list of Vento, what is the total cost and are you getting any discount's?

Thread Starter #35

Congrta's buddy Verna surely comes packed with loads of features compared to bare minimal feature list of Vento, what is the total cost and are you getting any discount's?
Thanks buddy. Actually we were confused between the Vento and Verna but than Verna has lot features comparing to Vento and also it is cheaper then Vento.

In our city that's in Uttar Pradesh it's costing us 11,05,000 OTR but we will be booking the car in HR. So i guess the OTR should drop by 30-35k.

Thanks buddy. Actually we were confused between the Vento and Verna but than Verna has lot features comparing to Vento and also it is cheaper then Vento.

In our city that's in Uttar Pradesh it's costing us 11,05,000 OTR but we will be booking the car in HR. So i guess the OTR should drop by 30-35k.
Congrats on the stylish looking sedan dude ,I know it would be difficult for you to write a ownership review but do post some pictures atleast .btw which colour are you planning ?

Thread Starter #37

Congrats on the stylish looking sedan dude ,I know it would be difficult for you to write a ownership review but do post some pictures atleast .btw which colour are you planning ?
Thanks bro. Yes it will be a little bit difficut, but i will try to ask reviews from my dad and brother and put them together and post a review with some nice picss. Since i will be asking my dad's review, it will be interesting[;)]

So far we have decided the car now the next thing is which color. Everyone is confused between crystal white and Carbon Grey. My choice is white.

Last edited:

Congrats buddy. Well decided. In my opinion verna lookes great in dark color. Ain't it.
Try to post some pics mate. Have a happy miles - to you, your dad and bro.

350Z

Core Team

So far we have decided the car now the next thing is which color. Everyone is confused between crystal white and Carbon Grey. My choice is white.
Congrats Singh. It was an unexpected decision. I have lost the count of Verna owners on our forum. Personally I prefer Verna in Purple Fantasia. If the choice is between Grey and White. Go for White.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #40

Congrats buddy. Well decided. In my opinion verna lookes great in dark color. Ain't it.
Try to post some pics mate. Have a happy miles - to you, your dad and bro.
Thanks man. In dark colors i like black and grey. We have just decided on the car mate but not booked the car yet. Will be booking the car within 2-3 days.

Congrats Singh. It was an unexpected decision. I have lost the count of Verna owners on our forum. Personally I prefer Verna in Purple Fantasia. If the choice is between Grey and White. Go for White.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks sirji. Yes it was a totally unexpected one. At one point of time i was like we will be going with the Vento but at the end it was Verna. My first choice was Vento and second Verna.

But overall i feel that the Verna is a good package and VFM. It's cheaper then the Vento and still provides more features and the tall rear floor in the Vento was a big no no. Also we don't have any volkswagen dealership in our city. So Verna won the war[:)]

@Singh890
In the last 20 days I have been visiting the forum I have visited this thread most of the time and followed it from very first post.Even my confusion is also somewhere same as the one of yours.
Congrats for booking the Verna.Is yours one with 2 airbags or the one with 6 airbags?

Thread Starter #42

@Singh890
In the last 20 days I have been visiting the forum I have visited this thread most of the time and followed it from very first post.Even my confusion is also somewhere same as the one of yours.
Congrats for booking the Verna.Is yours one with 2 airbags or the one with 6 airbags?
Thanks Parul. But we have not booked the car yet, will be booking it by Sunday.

And it's 1.6 CRDI (SX), comes with 2 airbags. The one with 6 airbags is the (SX)O variant.

@Singh:
Congrats for the selection.The fluidic beauty looks really well and no doubt the refinement level of engine are far far higher than the competition.
I'd say WHITE must be the colour of choice.White Vernas look awesome with jet-black tints.

Thread Starter #44

@Singh:
Congrats for the selection.The fluidic beauty looks really well and no doubt the refinement level of engine are far far higher than the competition.
I'd say WHITE must be the colour of choice.White Vernas look awesome with jet-black tints.
Thanks Vipul buddy. And most probably it's going to be white. Since i like it more than the grey color. And yes it would look awesome with black tints but thanks to SC for banning the tints.

The ban will be lifted soon.
Also your car will be driven in UP,so no issues.People are driving here with darkest tints and no one is stopping them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom