Suggestion Regarding Modification of Tata Safari

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys,

I had been thinking of selling my safari but recently brought 2 new machines in my factory from US so i had taken loan against it. Now i can't buy new car(safari [glasses]) atleast not for 8months don't have enough white money [;)]. Then jayadev words comes to my mind so thought i will keep it for 1-2year more .

So i thought why not upgrade my interior with biege and Carbonfiber Highlighting(no wooden finish it look cheap to me) which autopsyche gave me 25k approx. :S

So confuse after wasting 25k on it will it even look good .

Other things coming in my mind is changing seat cover, steering cover and carbonfiber highlighting in centre console at my local shop means less expensive.

So what do you think guys. You can look at my car here
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...-tata-safari-3-0l-dicor-ownership-report.html

Last edited by a moderator:
So i thought why not upgrade my interior with biege and Carbonfiber Highlighting(no wooden finish it look cheap to me) which autopsyche gave me 25k approx. :
25k looks to be decent enough for interior enhancement. Autopsyche is one of the best when it comes to interior upgrades.
As for the exteriors, your ride looks good in its current state, so no use of unnecessary accessories which sometimes spoil the look. However if you want some refreshments, you may switch to new alloys.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3
@akash first it look like i give you lot of headache :biggrin: . ya my exterior is good and also i have no plan of changing alloy they still have their 1 year warranty left . its autopsyche that's why i even thinking of investing .

finally got email from autopsyche with better explanation . hmm it seams now it will cost more to me >_> around 35K
Interior Color Coating for all Plastics, Dash, Doors etc: Rs.15,000
Wooden Lamination / Carbonfiber Highlighting: Rs.5,000
Seats, Door Trims, Steering & Gearknob: Rs.18,000 (Art Leather) / Rs.38,000 (Real Leather)
Complete Roof Lining & Floor Carpetting: Rs.15,000
Floor mat Set & Under Dash LED Lighting: Rs.3,000

@mastersquall,if you don't want to spend so much on interior painting,then get a quote from a good painter,and then you can get your car's interiors new color/look easily as i did the same.
Regarding the seat covers,get some art leather seat covers of matching interior colors.
Floor mat will cost around 1k to 1.5 k,and under dash LED set up will cost less than 1k.

i heard colour start coming out in summer ?
any idea cost of it
Since i didn't give my car's interiors a strong coat of paint,my interior paint got slightly dull,but,then after cleaning,it became shining as new.
I didn't find any trouble so far,but,you must be careful while handling objects inside the car.
As,my dog while travelling,keeps on changing its pose from one side to the other and he rests his palms/fingers on the seat for support and if he slips down,the next step is placing his hand on the door pad,which holds his hands perfectly.
By that,my car's door pad has some scratch marks,which will be re-painted in a few days.

350Z

Core Team
Hi guys,

I had been thinking of selling my safari but recently brought 2 new machines in my factory from US so i had taken loan against it. Now i can't buy new car(safari) atleast not for 8months don't have enough white money . Then jayadev words comes to my mind so thought i will keep it for 1-2year more .

So i thought why not upgrade my interior with biege and Carbonfiber Highlighting(no wooden finish it look cheap to me) which autopsyche gave me 25k approx. :S

So confuse after wasting 25k on it will it even look good .

Other things coming in my mind is changing seat cover, steering cover and carbonfiber highlighting in centre console at my local shop means less expensive.
Mastersquall, If you plan to sell off the Safari anyway (Even after a couple of years), why to consider spending on it that much? Hope you are aware that these type of modifications are not going to fetch you much when you step in the market to sell off the car. I would rather recommend you to save up for the New Tata Safari, and spend wisely to maintain the current car like new so that you could seal a better later on.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #11
ya that's what is stopping me .

i think i will get those 2000 seat cover + 1500 angel eye(i have been thinking about them for 4months) . they should do the job for now till then i get some money to buy new car .

what do you think

350Z

Core Team
Seat covers is a good option, but not the angel eyes. Try to keep the car aesthetically pleasing.

Drive Safe,
350Z

You need some spl attention in interior painting.
its overall a different process.

My opinion , what you find in surendar verna is not good to see inside the car , it looks like hand painted with lot of extra shine.

Actually its not painting , its like coating. But what you find in his verna is painting and impossible to return back to previous stage.

Select the seat cover , and then match paint accordingly.
As you are in new Delhi , you can find good modifiers who are well versed in interior painting.

Normal painter , without proper knowledge will spoil the work

Every painter knows , as its plastic , you must paint plastic primer and then paint ! , but that is not the exact procedure

i envy those who have crossed warrenty period ,as they have ful liberty to anything with thier beloved.

if it was me with safari, would go for full leather work in interior with some catchy stitch work. on dash ,wheels, and everywhere preferably dual tone.
paintings and anything else looks bit wierd for delux feel.

i would get help with some reliable and knowledgeable automech and ask him to give liberal look at the engine and parts for any wear damages,loose connections and maintenance et al. and get it all fixed.
on outside, tastefull use of chrome or stainless steel for me is irresistable no stickers or grafix. i have seen a safari with carbon finish lines and front bumpers/guards which could put the stupid looking toyota fortuner to shame.

safari is a massive beast making it so very much flexible and versatile to be sold off for anything else. nothing comes next to the chasis and frame of safari. it is built to last. i have never come across a car which makes me feel safer than safari so why not make it better and better.sadly i cannot afford a car like safari yet.

ilango[speed thirst];64339 said:
You need some spl attention in interior painting.
its overall a different process.

My opinion , what you find in surendar verna is not good to see inside the car , it looks like hand painted with lot of extra shine.

Actually its not painting , its like coating. But what you find in his verna is painting and impossible to return back to previous stage.
My interiors can be brought back to original color,and it has been done once already.

Top Bottom