Suggestion Needed for a New Car Under 12 Lac.

@Singh:Maybe you are right,I'll see when the Storme is launching.Else I am planning to book an XUV 500 W8 4X4 or 4X2 and then wait for it.If the Storme comes as a good car at a good price then I will cancel XUV and go for Storme else XUV will be mine in 4-5 months.
How is that plan?

Hi Parul,
XUV 500 W8 is a smart choice, and this SUV will be anyways better than Storme in terms of the features as it's fully loaded. I personally like Safari but hate the rear jump seats.

Hi ParC,

Nice reviews there. Seems like the votes are falling equally for SUV and sedan now. Up to you to decide. My take here is go for Laura. [:)]

@Singh:Maybe you are right,I'll see when the Storme is launching.Else I am planning to book an XUV 500 W8 4X4 or 4X2 and then wait for it.If the Storme comes as a good car at a good price then I will cancel XUV and go for Storme else XUV will be mine in 4-5 months.
How is that plan?
That sounds like a plan. And anyways i would suggest you to go ahead with a SUV. And this plan works really well. Just book the XUV 500 and if Strome launches in meanwhile then take a TD and if you like it than you can certainly cancel the XUV and get the Strome. Good Thinking. I would have done the same thing if i was looking for a SUV with that budget.

just a rider though.

have noticed that people are getting XUVs off the shelf if they insist.
so think before you book an XUV if you are planning to cancel it later else you risk losing your booking amount.

Thread Starter #50
@Mukesh and Singh:Yes I am more biased towards SUV till now.And yes thanks for your feedback too.

@Superbad:Does that mean that XUV 500 can be bought directly without any booking?
By the way,are XUV bookings really open these days?Because salesperson told me that they are open and will close soon or they just want me to pay and then they will book the car after bookings open?
Kindly help me put of this so that i can proceed further without any more doubts.

@TSI:Neither SUV drivers feel like a truck driver nor the speeds you mentioned are anywhere sane.And I am sure doing insane acts is never a sign of bravery.
Rest thanks for the feedback on Laura TSI,I heartily thank you for that but stop bashing other cars and members.There is a lot more than you like in this world.You can like a sedan but I like an SUV it gives more confident,more power and can negotiate tough terrains too.It offers a whole lot more practicality than any sedan can offer.
And yes,thanks for that tutorial that you gave too.
If you love SUVs then why not book one soon.I mean then test driving the sedans will be of no use then.Book your XUV soon and give us good news of a new XUV.
BTW,what about Duster(top end variant)?

@Superbad:Does that mean that XUV 500 can be bought directly without any booking?
By the way,are XUV bookings really open these days?Because salesperson told me that they are open and will close soon or they just want me to pay and then they will book the car after bookings open?
Kindly help me put of this so that i can proceed further without any more doubts.
it actually depends on your dealer/region quota.

people from the another forum have got early delivery of their XUVs if they insist that they will book the car with a pre condition of early delivery. in such cases, the dealers have jumped queue from the cancelled booking cars and it has been delivered within 2 weeks.

also hormadz from ACI too has mentioned that the XUV production has been ramped up so deliveries/ waiting have been better on that front.

Parc - you have perfect plan book xuv incase strome comes abd excites you cancel or go ahead with xuv.
And buy a car which you like it can be a sedan or suv it must appeal you .

Superbad - xuv wait is for 5-6 months in Mumbai yesterday's report from s.a and Scorpio lx after discount 8.75 lakhs.

Here are the test drive reports of first three(all are my subjective views so no offence to anyone please)
Fantastic, honest review
aria and safari both have 2 way steering adjustment dint the s.a told you that ?
And safari and aria even in the base model has 3 way lumbar support next time incase you test ride it remember and adjust it according to your taste and feel once adjusted to your liking you will driving the suv in a sofa like driver seat .
My pick for you
Hatch- jaaz
Sedan- ford fiesta at , Honda city.
Suv- strome,xuv, duster, ecosport ( but will launch only by jan feb 2013 )

Whatever you pick please see to it that you atleast get abs ,airbags in your car for safety purpose.

Very interested to know which you will eventually pick all the best and pls let us know.

Last edited:
Parc - you have perfect plan book xuv incase strome comes abd excites you cancel or go ahead with xuv.
And buy a car which you like it can be a sedan or suv it must appeal you .

Superbad - xuv wait is for 5-6 months in Mumbai yesterday's report from s.a and Scorpio lx after discount 8.75 lakhs.
is it 8.75L OTR?
Sle costed 8.88L Ex showroom when i bought mine.

But I say,go for a good,fine and powerful sedan.Do you want to feel like a truck driver every winter morning?
Do you want to feel like carrying some extra load for whole time?
Are you happy with a hesitant performance where engine performs hours after you pressed the gas?
DUDE, ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Cmon, I dont expect such blatant statement from a senior member like you.

@Parul:
Great reviews they are and it looks like you have really learnt how to read the rev range.You have read it nearly perfect for every car.
The only car you missed is TSi but no issue,I'll PM you the name and contact number of a sales guy,his dealership has the TSi also for TD.Mine has now left for Lucknow.

I am sure no,hence I say GO FOR TSI.. or HONDA CIVIC 1.8 V M/T.
^^Laura TSi delivers very good FE:-
About 10 kpl in city and about 14-15 kpl on highway.
Even if you do 180-190 kph then also it gives more then 10 kpl.While Civic gives just 6-7 kpl at 180-190.I myself has seen this in Civic's MID display.
^^i-vtec and TSi both are different things.
TSi enjoys a comparatively better low and mid range while i-vtec has a brilliant top end.
Dude, chill. You are coming across as a Skoda sales person now.

Parul likes an SUV and she does not have any awkward or weird thought like the way you mentioned above.

@Mukesh and Singh:Yes I am more biased towards SUV till now.And yes thanks for your feedback too.
Hi Parul, I have always been a fan of SUVs. I enjoy driving SUVs more than sporty sedans or hatchbacks, BECAUSE I KNOW HOW TO HANDLE THEM. I dont drive it insanely nor do I expect it to take corners at 150 kmph.

But there are some luxuries an SUV offers, which a sedan does not... and of course vice versa.

Looking at your posts in this thread and the other thread, I STRONGLY feel you should buy an SUV. Best of luck.

is it 8.75L OTR?
Sle costed 8.88L Ex showroom when i bought mine.
8:75 on road if our maha govt had not increased some taxes it would have been more cheaper[frustration] the deal you got for your sle for a cracker Good you bought one last year if iam not mistaken right ?
ParC extremely sorry for the off topic .

Thread Starter #59
Friends,today I have missed my office for making some more test drives.Till now I am done with Skoda Laura TSI and TDI manual.

@TSI:I must say,this is really one rocket of a car.Sorry for any harsh words I said but now I can feel that every word you wrote was really true.I have lost my heart on this car.

Test drive reviews of:-

Skoda Laura TSI:The salesman told me that this car has 1.8l engine which is exactly as big as of Civic and this car looked heavier too so I thought can it match a Civic's performance?
Then I sat inside the car and found the interior quite well built ans eats were really very very comfortable.Though this car wasn't having the sportiness of the Civic in it but it was great.I started the car and it didn't bogged down like City and Civic,instead it started moving with a good response.Since the dealership was just about 1 kilometer away from the NH8 so I took the car on NH8 and did the third gear pushing and my experience was that in first 2000rpm this car had power,yes it was more powerful than Civic but as soon as the 2000 rpm was crossed,this car suddenly turned into a beast and it pushed us back into our seats.Accelerator,clutch etc all were placed perfectly and hence I was still comfortable.I pushed even more and till 5000 rpm there was so much power like there is a jet engine.After 6000 rpm the engine was still very strong but the sound was quite high.Then I shifted to the fourth gear(I was tempted to do it)and pressed the accelerator again and my God,I was already covering about 175 kph speed in 4th gear itself.I never drove so fast in my life but I got no feeling like I have crossed 170 kph speed.Suddenly I left the throttle and enjoyed the power of this car in sudden accelerations and overtaking.
Again thanks to TSI for providing such an honest review of the car,no doubt the reviews of owners are always honest.

Skoda Laura TDI manual:Brother insisted on testing this car and hence we moved on.But its better less,said TSI was ruling my heart and henc eI rejected this car in just 2 kilometers of driving.

One thing I felt bad in TSI was that this car had no climate control and no auto folding mirrors.But yes,this car was very talkitive,but not more than Civic.

Last edited:
^^Hmm,that's a partial review madam,you missed a lot in just performance checking you have done.BTW,no issues in a Laura TSI most of the people miss a lot and come up saying only one thing "performance".Still ride,handling and body control is simply class leading no doubt.

BTW,when you speak about the talkitive steering,I get a feeling of reading some true blue enthusiast,quite interesting as its very rare in case of girls.

BTW,if you wanna go for XUV then I'd recommend you to once check out XUV 500 AWD(check out your PM box and you will find something useful),it drives really better and feels more confident than the FWD one.

@RAJ:Parul is also a Skoda SE then.Right?

Top Bottom