Suggest Used Car For Cielo Replacement Under Rs.3.5 Lakhs

Re: Which one to choose ? Used for Indian roads?

+1 to that. Nothing makes much more sense than a Cedia in used car market for driving enthusiasts. While biggest advantage is that it depreciates quickly but on the other hand, only problem is that it is difficult to find one. Even more so in a fair condition. Used Cedia Sports come under as low as Rs.4 Lakhs. I would not recommend more expensive cars like Skoda Octavia because it is quite impossible to find a decent model under specified budget and fixing them could be a costly affair. Please shed some light on the requirements and other basic details so that we can suggest appropriately.

Drive Safe,
350Z
I agree, finding a Cedia is really difficult but if you manage to get it. Nothing beats it but do you really think buying a Mitsubishi makes sense ?
The A.S.S of Mitsubishi is pathetic in India and actually I would call it the WORST in the market. Experienced owner so due to this one fact I would not recommend a Mitsubishi.

350Z

Core Team

The A.S.S of Mitsubishi is pathetic in India and actually I would call it the WORST in the market. Experienced owner so due to this one fact I would not recommend a Mitsubishi.
Could you elaborate? Perhaps starting a new topic in Dealership Reviews Section will be a much better idea.

Drive Safe,
350Z

I agree, finding a Cedia is really difficult but if you manage to get it. Nothing beats it but do you really think buying a Mitsubishi makes sense ?
I beg to disagree buddy. Mitsu sells a lot lesser cars than others but can surely teach others how to give A$$ to it's customers. Also, the regular service costs of a Cedia is around 2-3K only (yes, had to believe). I agree few body parts are too pricy for Mitsu (sply headlamps) but consumables used in regular services are fairly priced.

freakdude.

Turbo lag...means diesel. Sorry but in 3-3.5 (codename's budget) it's very hard to source a non-abused diesel Feista. If ok for petrol then a lot could be found, but, if petrol is OK then I'll seriously recommend City.
Buddy you was right,I meant diesel only..
And yes,I don't mention anything without any cause,just have a look at the Ford Fiestas available at Mahindra First choice Delhi.
Fiesta is amongst the cars which have poor resale value,in fact every Ford car has poor resale value and hence they are easy to find in good state with low mileage at an asking price.

MOUTH WATERING DEAL.Codename,buddy I'd advise you to try to seal this deal now itself.
Have a look at this deal at Mahindra First Choice Delhi(and then add to my repo..[;)]):-

Attachments

I would never go for Mahindra First Choice. They are just another used car dealers with a NAME attached. I have had 2-3 cased from different locations in which me and my friend analysed the cars hard and found all of them to be repainted (when claimed as in original paint), ODO was reversed and when argued with the manager he did accept both the things and then said in hush voice that he can give me best deal on these ones.

freakdude.

Well,buddy we have two cars bought from them only in our circle and amazingly both were genuine cars.
We inspected both of them thoroughly before buying and both the owners are happy.
First car is Fiesta TDCi EXi with 38000 kms on odo bought for 3.7 lacs.
Second car was Safari VX 4X4 with 48 kms on odo bought for 6.8 lacs.

Amazingly,you can bargain with them too..

For 3-3.5L budget & 50k on odo, here are the choices (Petrol)
1) NHC ZX - lot of low mileage cars are available for sale
2) Fiesta 1.6 - more fun to drive
3) Corolla - Hard to find a low mileage one, but I came across few 2004 models with 40k+ on odo for less than 4L
4) Cedia - sorry, no idea about availability of decent specimen in market, but worth searching
5) SX4 - Good GC & Maruti A.S.S
6) Optra - Plenty are available

From the above list I would suggest NHC ZX Vtec anyday. I'm very much satisfied with it's performance and mileage (still looking for a diesel one, but...)

Thread Starter #25
Thanks guys

350z: Thanks brother , My requirements will be a Diesel engined , front wheel drive , sedan with year 2004+ Less than 70K Kms on clock , Manual . Prefer anything except korean makes. Thanks heaps in advance .

TSiVipul : thanks for tellin me deals man . Appreciate it. I was talking to my dad like dad hows this Ford fiesta Tdi or whatever he goes , its nice car. he said why are you asking , am like my mate bought it in india . He said ya its nice car for value.

MR BOSS - Thanks for telling me those prices . Thanks for pointing out OPTRA I completely forgot about that car man,They are petrol right? not diesel. What diesel cars would you recommend , I want low maintenance , not ones with diesel engine problems.

Freakdude- Thank you very much for the suggestions brother. Is that Cedia lancer available in diesel am sure they run mivec engine which is petrol isn't it. ?

Thread Starter #26
okay so my budget is 6000 Aussie dollars

which is about 3.10 Lacs
I have to pay for my airfare and Indian passport cancellation fees and Indian VISA fees too!!
I need Visa to travel to India only and rest of the world I can get on arrival Visa's , Mera Bharat Mahaan! [surprise]

Freakdude- Thank you very much for the suggestions brother. Is that Cedia lancer available in diesel am sure they run mivec engine which is petrol isn't it. ?
You wish buddy it was a MIVEC. But alas, it's a detuned (for India) 2.0 ltr SOHC engine. But believe me, it has such an awesome linear power delivery, enough to smoke away all sedans in this class. And Cedia is available in petrol , no diesel man, but I faintly remember Mitsu offering a LPG version too, not sure if it's still there.

well Freakdude contact few Mitsubishi owners, then you will get to know it better. I am one of them.
Me too a customer of Mitsu pal, and believe me a Happy one. Well, A$$ experiences are never same for two people so, it's quire subjective. Sad to know that you got bad flavours at mitsu A$$.

freakdude.

Agree, ASS is not same everywhere and well I had faced a lot of issues with Chevrolet and Mitsubishi so won't be buying anyone of them anymore though can buy the new lancer if launched.

Thread Starter #30
You wish buddy it was a MIVEC. But alas, it's a detuned (for India) 2.0 ltr SOHC engine. But believe me, it has such an awesome linear power delivery, enough to smoke away all sedans in this class. And Cedia is available in petrol , no diesel man, but I faintly remember Mitsu offering a LPG version too, not sure if it's still there.

Me too a customer of Mitsu pal, and believe me a Happy one. Well, A$$ experiences are never same for two people so, it's quire subjective. Sad to know that you got bad flavours at mitsu A$$.

freakdude.
thanks man

oh that sucks man
Mivec engine is the best , they along with turbo work prety cool. thats whats in new evo 10 , turbo and front mount intercooler will go good.

yeah petrol ey . am not quiet sure if i want a petrol car again .may be diesel man.
how about a ford fiesta diesel one , any good?
or anything else in that category (hyundai is okay but not preferred ) my dad likes hyundai though.
am more sorta japanese fan

Top Bottom