Suggest New / Used Mid-Size Car For Rs.5 - 7 Lakh

Thread Starter #16
What's your maximum budget ? Since glanza , scross costs way over 7 lakhs.
I might increase the budget to 8L. max in case I am compelled to go for new one. Most of the new premium hatch /CS are costing around 8 L after december discounts.
Guys, I need feedback or link about 1.5 petrol Ford aspire AT. I am getting a preowned 2017 model & the dealer is asking for Rs 6 L.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #17
What's your maximum budget ? Since glanza , scross costs way over 7 lakhs.
Yes, I will have to stretch the budget to 8 L for new petrol car(Glanza, Altroz /Freestyle). BTW, there is a preowned WRV IDTEC VX (2018 model with 20 k on odo), owner quoted 9 L. Can I get for 7.5 to 8 L?

Thread Starter #19
If new then, I will go for Freestyle & if used then diesel WRV /Diesel Scross / diesel NEXON.
As of now, researching on Scross, read that it has few issues which requires costly parts replacement eg. Coolent leak without warning, suspension parts, fuel pump, steering column. So bit hesitant to take a call on cars with warranty expired. There is one Scross 1.6 topend , 20kkm on odo 2019 MY, (WARRANTY valid) but the dealer is asking for 10 L [gun]. Others are1. 3 L, 2017 /18 MY but are run only 8 to 10 kkm, asking price 9 L. ( most probably owners might not have replaced the above said parts under warranty).

There are reports that nexon owners too have to visit TASS often for false indications on the DIS eg. CEL.

Did not came across such issues for WRV. There is 1 WRV - D, top end, 2019 manufacted 25kkm run asking price is 9. 5 L,other one again top end, is 2018 manufactured, 15 k km run asking price is 9.5 L .

Members here need to throw some more light on these three cars.

Thread Starter #20
Checked sparingly used XUV300 W4, NEXON XT Diesel, Scross diesel, WRV DIESEL VX.

XUV W4 interiors are like a semi luxury ( Asiad bus from late nineties ). Rear seat under thigh support for a 5'11" guy is not good, somewhat auto rickshaw. Built quality is like Skoda octy /superb. One can sit on the bonett for a pic.

Nexon : Built quality is comparable to Skoda Rapid or somewhat better. However ingress & egress for my 6 F plus & 100 kg plus father was cumbersome.

Scross ; Rear seat backrest was too vertical like a state transport bus despite adjusted far backwards.

WRV: ticks all the boxes barring fun to drive experience vis a vis my Avventura /Rapid.
WRV VX qoute is 8.8 L.

Thread Starter #21
I incresed the budget to 8 L & tried to purchase used Diesel WRV / AMAZE but invain.

Amaze iDtec CVT (2018) 14kkm run purchase attempt :
Visited the Used car dealership & found that car was in immaculate condition, but my father pointed out that the glove box lid was not getting closed properly and there was some cello tape wrapped around the its locking mechanism (probably to mute the rattle). I had read that the owners of 2G Amaze reporting this issue in their cars on some other forums. So didn't suspected anything fishy.

I paid the booking amount to the used car dealer, and took the car to the HASS for checkup, however while on road to the HASS, Icalled up them and asked when was last servicing carried out? Last servicing was carried out just a month / 500 km back. I asked them, was their any pending work adviced by the SA? There was no pending work. Knowing this the used car dealer said that there was no need to recheck the car. But I insisted and told him that he will have to return the money if something important turns out. He agreed.
Upon reaching the HASS, HASS manager said its going to be 50 points checkup & it will take atlest 3 hours @ Rs 1500. I agreed. Then they opened the HASS history of the car on their com which revealed that the car visited the HASS for body work & paint job twice in year 2019. Work carried out was replacement of both head lights, front bumper, front grill & dent repairs of front fendors. Amount charged for the work was not visible because the work was carried out at some other HASS. I called up the other HASS and came to know that the damage was due to an accident and insurance Co. settled the claim of Rs 50 k. I decided not investigate further.

Because I had read a annoyed AMAZE owner on a forum reporting that his car was collided with a dog which neither died nor got injured & still his bumper & pipes & parts till the AC compressor got damaged & nedded to be replaced. So I cancelled the deal & got the booking amount refunded. The used car dealer cooperated well.

WRV (2018, 15K km) Idtec VX :purchase attempt— Individual seller quoted 9.4. Last month I tried to buy similar WRVs but 1 got sold @7.9 L before I could approach the buyer in person while other was offered to me @8.8 L but the owner cancelled the deal at last moment. And this last WRV was quoted 9.4 L, I was ready to buy for 9.15 L but no response from the selling owner & he was adamant on 9.3. Having stretched my budget to more than max I decided to quit the Used car purchase efforts.

Finally booked a brand new Ford freestyle Titanium plus.

Top Bottom