Suggest Me a Digital Camera Upto Rs.10-12K

Thread Starter #46
they are not great or out of the world pictures.

there was reasonable amount of fog in the morning sun, maybe an indoor picture will help you better.

i had the hands on and decent cameras start above 10k which frankly was a waste to me right now.

i buy things which serves me the purpose at the current moment.

i am a starter to digital cameras anyways and i have not tweaked anything which came out of the camera apart from image compression in order to upload pictures here. [:)]

350Z

Core Team
One thing I learnt that It is better to sacrifice few megapixels and go for higher zoom camera. Because most of the times you will be shooting pics with smaller size (MBs) and also you will not need such high resolution pics often. even 8-9 Megapixel camera is good enough. I have 14 Mega Pixel camera, but I always set it to 2 MB photo size so that I can take more photos.
Very valid point. Most of us usually run behind the megapixels while looking for a digital camera but it doesn’t helps alone.

have enclosed the images.
Congrats on the new camera (Finally :biggrin:). The image quality looks quite decent to me. Time to upload some snaps of Scorpio in the ownership review.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #48
Very valid point. Most of us usually run behind the megapixels while looking for a digital camera but it doesn’t helps alone.

Congrats on the new camera (Finally ). The image quality looks quite decent to me. Time to upload some snaps of Scorpio in the ownership review.

Drive Safe,
350Z

have been reading tons of reviews in which all had mentioned the nikon a better bet than a sony W630 and a W690.

frankly those were my only options at that pricepoint so, yes will now upload more pictures of my scorpio [;)]

My first camera was from Samsung, which was bought for Rs.4500. It served it's purpose by taking pics, although those were not very good pics , but that was not my requirement. But when I bought second one for my wifey, I bought Sony Cyber shot, the same one which was used for Quanto launch. Although there are many things in camera you can work on and make it better, but I always keep the setting on intelligence mode where camera detects itself and gives the best possible.

I had a point and shoot camera Panasonic Limux served really nice and 31 Dec 2011 it slipped from my wifes hand and the screen went off .
Then I bought the Sony nex 5 its a good camera ,low light perfomance without flash is nice.

Next time when we have auto meet will bring it .

Choose between Canon and Nikon.
If you want Advanced Point & Shoot (bit bulky like DSLR)
- Canon Powershot SX160 IS ( 16MP , 16x optical zoom )
- Nikon Coolpix L810 (16.1 MP , 26x optical zoom)

Point & shoot (compact & stylish)
- Nikon Coolpix S9100 Point & Shoot (Red)
- Canon Powershot A4000IS

adding some pictures of the goa trip [:)]
Now this is Superbad, goa and no separate thread or i missed it[surprise]?

Choose between Canon and Nikon.
If you want Advanced Point & Shoot (bit bulky like DSLR)
- Canon Powershot SX160 IS ( 16MP , 16x optical zoom )
- Nikon Coolpix L810 (16.1 MP , 26x optical zoom)

Point & shoot (compact & stylish)
- Nikon Coolpix S9100 Point & Shoot (Red)
- Canon Powershot A4000IS
Buddy, you are a bit late, the thread starter has already purchased the camera[;)].

Thread Starter #57
Now this is Superbad, goa and no separate thread or i missed it[surprise]?
as mentioned earlier, i had very less share of goa, was helping my sister relocate, so most of the time was just helping her shift things in the rented apartment.

another trip is planned at the end of this month. hopefully you might see a separate thread for it. [glasses]

@ rk we were stationed near miramar, so we were just exploring the market and those were the pictures from there.

Last edited:

Top Bottom