Suggest Me a Car for 7 - 8 Lacs

For your Budget, Honda City fits in perfectly. Even the basic model of City comes with safety equipments like ABS and Dual airbags as standard. I believe you are looking for a petrol car, and this is where Honda's iVtec engine scores.

i don't know what to recommend you [confused] i myself have a verna 1.6 and i love it.

also , the city mileage is low. i get 8-10 kmpl. 2 of my friends have city and they also get similar figures.

it's hard to believe when people say they are getting 14kmpl in city with their city's.

overall i'm happy with verna , the engine is good. it's a good car overall. so tell me what you like and want with both the cars.
Hyundai, But my experience is bit different here about City as I think I know some 50 people who own City from past 10 years different versions and all of them are extremely happy and report the FE 14+. Since you own a Verna, please give the comparison with City if you can[:)]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Hyundai, But my experience is bit different here about City as I think I know some 50 people who own City from past 10 years different versions and all of them are extremely happy and report the FE 14+. Since you own a Verna, please give the comparison with City if you can
my friend's doesn't have the latest honda city but the one before the latest.

Interiors :
2 years back when i first saw the interiors of the city it was amazing [:)] top notch.
but verna's interior is great as well.

Exteriors : i think everybody knows which car has better exterior [:D]

Ground clearance : verna has better ground clearance.

Engine : i have driven both the cars and engine is the same. obviously it's always a short drive in the city but still honda has the best petrol engines. so honda takes this but verna's engine is not disappointing at all.

Mileage : like i said before i don't know how city gets 14+ within city limits. so this is one thing which i can't comment about.

i know mostly all the issues with verna and i'm sure there must be some defects in the city too.

so let's see what eddy have to say.

Thread Starter #49
my friend's doesn't have the latest honda city but the one before the latest.

Interiors :
2 years back when i first saw the interiors of the city it was amazing [:)] top notch.
but verna's interior is great as well.

Exteriors : i think everybody knows which car has better exterior [:D]

Ground clearance : verna has better ground clearance.

Engine : i have driven both the cars and engine is the same. obviously it's always a short drive in the city but still honda has the best petrol engines. so honda takes this but verna's engine is not disappointing at all.

Mileage : like i said before i don't know how city gets 14+ within city limits. so this is one thing which i can't comment about.

i know mostly all the issues with verna and i'm sure there must be some defects in the city too.

so let's see what eddy have to say.
Since my budget is around 7 to 8 lac I am considering Hyundai Verna Fluidic 1.4 VTVT, Skoda Rapid 1.6 MPI Ambition and Honda City Corporate.
In terms of exteriors and features verna is totally better than city and rapid.
In terms of interiors and comfort I would say there is a tie between city and verna but rapid is more classy looking for me.
Verna is quite expensive (1lac more) for 1.6L petrol model than other two cars.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #50
Since you are looking for a sedan I may be off. However, a Jazz with its large boot and magic seats may fit the bill beautifully unless it has to be a sedan. Also, expect 12+ kpl!
Sir, as I can see you are from Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh. Do you have any idea about upcoming sefai muhotsav where cars will be sold tax free by central government?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Since my budget is around 7 to 8 lac I am considering Hyundai Verna Fluidic 1.4 VTVT, Skoda Rapid 1.6 MPI Ambition and Honda City Corporate.
In terms of exteriors and features verna is totally better than city and rapid.
In terms of interiors and comfort I would say there is a tie between city and verna but rapid is more classy looking for me.
Verna is quite expensive (1lac more) for 1.6L petrol model than other two cars.
verna's 1.6 ex vtvt is available for 8,98,000 and after discounts you can get it for say 8,70,000.

if you have to select from honda city CE and verna 1.4 i'll say go for the honda city.

just like someone mentioned before , honda ce has abs and airbags so go for ce then. but if you can extend your budget 1.6 ex will have everything you need.

Thread Starter #52
verna's 1.6 ex vtvt is available for 8,98,000 and after discounts you can get it for say 8,70,000
What discounts are you are talking about? Here the final on-road price including insurance and registration of verna 1.6 EX VTVT is 8.76 lac. And honda city corporate edition is total costing 7.9 lac.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Mate you are buying a petrol car [:D] so petrol discounts. If you any hyundai you can get loyalty discount upto 20000. Free teflon, rubber mats, underbody coating and what not + 10000-20000 discount.

In february i just got loyalty[anger] my friend purchased 1.6 ex vtvt in august with all above things for free.

Believe me, those extra 90000 are worth it.

I'm not sure buy does the corporate edition has audio system?

In verna you will get audio system, top notch reverse parking sensors with camera, no passenger airbag as in corporate edition, abs, steering mounted audio controls, bluetooth connectivity.

And if 8.76 seems out of budget you can go for 1.4 ex vtvt , i think it will cost you 20-30k less and perhaps better mileage than 1.6

What will be your daily commute? And go to both the showrooms and ask about discounts and update it here.

I think these offers are useless. Since the days of the Amby, FIAT and 118NE undersealing is not required unless you are in a coastal region, even there you need a proper job (like Dinitrol) with spray inside the door sills, and panels, etc. Teflon is a soft material and the coating will not even last six months. Get a hard wax (I use Collinite 845) and repeat once in 3-4 months. Fitted mats are handy esp. in the Monsoons.

Thread Starter #58
I read in a news that a new sedan car by Honda is going to be launched. Something like honda amaze.

@Eddy

You have opened this thread on 1st of oct'2012 and till now you are still going in circles and circles. Take a decision buddy !!

For petrol Honda City beats all the the others hollow. GC is an issue, but you can learn to live with it. Soo many of these on road are a clear example of this. City is the only petrol Sedan that still sells in substantial numbers.

In fact it sells more than the Etios, Sunny, Scala, Vento, Rapid, Linea, Manza, Fiesta, Classic, Verito, etc., and all these cars are available in Diesel. So if it can beat so many Diesel cars, it must have something. Only Verna, Dzire and Maybe Indigo have higher sales (due to diesel, I would say).

The Amaze may change that when it comes. Let's see.

Top Bottom