Suggest Best Hatchback Car within 4.5 Lakhs!!

Thread Starter #1
Hi guys I am from Kolkata and I need a affordable hatchback mainly petrol powered as I will be using it occasionally. My budget is around 3-4.5Lakh. Seen Alto 800 at showroom, I really like it but the price seems to be overpriced for 800cc engine car, Bhandari Automobile, Kolkata quoting around 3.6 lakh (on-road) price for Lxi model. I main concern is why K10 and Atlo 800 priced almost similarly, K10 has better K-series engine I think? But over ally Alto 800 looks better [confused]
About Beat its very good looking car but, how's the petrol version perform?
Hmm.. Honda Brio I really liked the car(modern looks) but my main concern is its don't have good ground clearance, which is not good for Indian Road. I need better G.C because I will be taking this car to village in festive season like Durga and Kali Puja. So, suggest best car in my budget :)

> Your Budget: (Rs.3 – 4.5 Lakh)

> New or Used: ( New Car)

> Your Location: (Kolkata, India)

> Top Five Priorities: ( Basic Safety, Comfort, Low Maintenance, Design, Luggage Space)

> Monthly Running: (Around 2000km)

> Type of Fuel: (petrol or Duo(LPG+Petrol)

> For What Purpose: ( Weekend Use, Occasional Highway Trips)

> Seating Capacity: (Maximum 5 Adults)

> Type of Segment: (Hatchback)

> Shortlisted model: New Maruti Alto 800, Alto K10, Wagon R, Chevrolet Beat and Honda Brio.

Regards.
Tenida
De la grandi Mephistopheles yak yak !!

Last edited:
Re: Suggest best hatchback car within 4.5 lakhs!!!

Hi Tenida, Welcome to TAI. With such high monthly running are you double sure you want to go ahead with petrol car? [surprise]

Thread Starter #4

Btw. how to edit the first post?
/Mod- Please edit monthy running to 200-400 km :-)

I would plump for the Brio. You should definitely manage the E and maybe S.

Hi!!
I would suggest you to go with Honda Brio E and if you can increase your budget by a few thousands you can even go for Brio S.

The second choice would be Wagon R.

You should definitely go with Brio.

You can only edit post for first 30 minutes of submitting the post. After that you have to request any mod to help you out in the same. [:D]

Thread Starter #8

Thanks for your suggestion guys but, what about the maintainance cost, servicing charges etc. if we compare with maruti suzuki?

I can compare with Hyundai. I had an Accent for seven years, and have a Santro for the same period. I bought a Civic in 2010, it turned out to be cheaper to maintain than the Accent! Hond charges are a shade lower, and they do not have the habit of loading all sorts of flushes, cleaners, sprays, etc. But this may vary from dealership to dealership.

I would suggest you to extend your budget slightly and go for Honda Brio. IMO this is one of the best petrol hatchbacks available in the market. Definitely worth each buck spent.

Let me add, Honda's are known to be most economical in their respective segments.
Does brio sohc engine inferior to kappa2 dohc or kseries dohc?as far as of my understanding dohc engines are technically better.please share your thoughts.

@Sanjaysk; The ones you name are newer but not necessarily better. The iVTEC is the golden standard for all others. DOHC is not always better than SOHC! Even the Toyota DOHC and the Honda SOHC (Altis & Civic) are about equal.

@Sanjaysk; The ones you name are newer but not necessarily better. The iVTEC is the golden standard for all others. DOHC is not always better than SOHC! Even the Toyota DOHC and the Honda SOHC (Altis & Civic) are about equal.
okay,if i would have to choose between brio smt & ritz vxi. what would you suggest.

Thread Starter #15
Thanks guys for your suggestion.
Update: As you know the prices of Alto 800 revealed today and its in sweet spot. So, I think I will go for it. Price is like this :
Maruti Alto 800 Variants Price (ex-showroom Delhi)
Petrol- base Rs 2.44 lakh
Petrol LX Rs 2.76 lakh
Petrol LXI Rs 2.99 lakh
CNG Base Rs 3.19 lakh
CNG LX Rs 3.37 lakh
CNG LXI Rs 3.56 lakh

So, getting Alto 800 Lxi version.[:D]

Top Bottom