Suggest Accessories for New Maruti Wagon-R

For both , mainly to force people for dimming their high beam
If you want an economical solution with same visual appeal as of stock one (i.e. yellow), go for higher wattage bulbs with new wiring kit, ceramic holders and relay. It will cost you around 2k and the 100w high beam will definitely teach a lesson to oncoming high-beam drivers.

If you want more bling factor, get HIDs installed on stock reflectors. It will be a nightmare for oncoming traffic and may cause glares even at low beam. Cost will be around 5k for good quality kit and 10k for Osram, Philips or P8 kit.

If you want even more bling factor with better comtrolled output (no glares at low beam), get projectors. AES is a good brand and will cost you around 8-10k for genuine projectors with latest square ring (HIDs extra).

All,

After searching alloys for Wagon R 2009, vxi, red color, I think Stingray alloys would be the best bet. Although they are 14 inch.

Questions --
1. Will they fit the old wagon R
2. If yes, what would be the right tire size and brand as well.

I tried fitting stingrays alloys to my wagon r the size is 155/65 R 14. We tried the car through full load, no touching anywhere. I am yet to try the highways. My original stock size is 155/65 R 13. The overall height has increased.
Need your suggestions.

I tried fitting stingrays alloys to my wagon r the size is 155/65 R 14. We tried the car through full load, no touching anywhere. I am yet to try the highways. My original stock size is 155/65 R 13. The overall height has increased.
Need your suggestions.
The difference in overall diameter is 4.78% which is way more than the recommended <2%. You should have gone for a lower profile with the 14" alloys.

If you have not purchased the tyres, go for 165/55 (for slightly wider tyres) or 155/60. If you have purchased the tyres, take the car slow over undulations and drive carefully. [:)]

Dear ice_wise,

I have just tested them for touching of tires on full load on bumpy test track, haven't gone for those yet. I am yet to test the highway capability. Then I will decide.

^^ my suggestion please do not carry our silly mods on your vehicles, jut for the heck of it, if you are upgrading to 14", just use the VXI tyre size, as the Mfr. must have done all the R&D on the wheels & tyres, to suit the WagonR, for both LXI & VXI models

All the best.

Wagon R VXI - Accessories thread

Hi All,

I joined TAI few minutes ago and this is my first post in TAI !

I have a Wagon R VXI 2015 model clocking 35000 kms already, and need your guidance on adding few accessories to it ( I know I am late in installing them ). My idea is to install the below within next few days :

* Seat covers - fabric / art leather depending on durability and effectiveness.
* Reverse parking sensor - with or without camera
* Sun Visor
* Bluetooth audio kit for calls

I need guidance on the above along with local accessories shop in South Bangalore. I stay in JP Nagar. JC road is my choice, but any other shop should be helpful. [:)]

Regards,
GentleGiant87

Re: Bought used Wagon R vxi 2009 model

Dear all, Please find pictures of wagon r. Had been busy and lazy, hence took a long time to click and post.
Added --
1. New tires Bridgestone A290 155/65 R13. Hunting for good alloy wheels.
2. Black bumpers instead of painting old bumpers to remove scratches.
Dear All,
A quick update on my used Wagon R, this has become by primary mode of transport as it's easy to drive in traffic and parking is no problem in crowded Pune city for this car. I have done @ 33000 kms in two years and the experience has been really good. Only routine service till date.

Top Bottom