Suggest a New Bike: Bajaj Pulsar or Honda Unicorn?

Thread Starter #1
My parents have approved me to buy a bike my considerations are Pulsar150 pulsar180 Unicorn Daily i travel about 10 to 15 kms to office till now i was using my father's Max100 1998 model so in my first salary(with some contributions from my parents) I want buy a bike plz.. suggest a bike.

I had been to Bajaj Showroom today both 180cc and 150cc are available I need some suggestions performance wise which is a better bike in the price range of 80k t0 90k.

I have some inclinations towards looks of pulsar.

plzzzzzzzzz help me

Hello and welcome to TAI Rakshith.

I was in a similar dilemma a month back. Actually me and my brother were looking for a bike within the same budget initially. But i increased our budget and booked a R15 V2.
Here is my thread if you need some info:
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...options-lml-graptor-booked-yamaha-r15-v2.html

Coming back to your requirement. Go ahead with the Pulsar 180. It's a very good performer, has lower maintenance,better FE, almost same dynamics as of pulsar 220 and has nice looks as well. And fits really well in your budget.

Thread Starter #3
Thanks for welcoming me bro I m thinking of having some TDs of 150 and 180 and i ll also think of both KTM duke and R15. I ll post the update of TD as soon as possible [:D]

Welcome to TAI, i would suggest you to go for Pulsar 180 as it's a better performer than the staid Unicorn, moreover Bajaj ASS is much better than Honda's at least in Bangalore.
If your budget allow's blindly put your money on KTM as it's the performance King.

i would say honda unicorn if you are getting better A.s.s
i have driven both and found honda being more FE and comfortable ride
pulsar no doubt has it's looks advantage but honda isn't too far behind

tell you what take a TD of both pulsar and Honda and try u turns and breaking as well as pickup for both
then decide

also my personal suggestion
go just after you have had something to eat
gives you clarity of thought and makes you more decisive
unless the other way round when your empty stomach and eager to absorb anything any SE has to say at both showrooms
so have a good meal
go for both test drives
come back and share with us what you find different of the two
and then decide
after all its your dads hard earned money and you'd want to put it to better use before you make your decision

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #6
Welcome to TAI, i would suggest you to go for Pulsar 180 as it's a better performer than the staid Unicorn, moreover Bajaj ASS is much better than Honda's at least in Bangalore.
If your budget allow's blindly put your money on KTM as it's the performance King.
Thanks, I m looking forward for Test drive of Pulsar 180cc and KTM duke[:)]

Thread Starter #7
I had test drive of Pulsar 180cc Today it was nice the pickup was great ,huge feeling, breaking was good, nice features like side stand indicator, I was not allowed to go too far so 40kmph was the highest speed i achieved, Salesman Sohail was good he shared his experience of using Pulsar180cc overall it was nice experience.

Pulsar 150cc was not available for TD.

I had also been to Honda Showroom they didn't had a demo unicorn for TD they have promised me to provide trail on Friday.

I am a proud Unicorn owner for past 6 years and I love everything about my bike. This bike has never given me any problem till date. Everything about my bike is just perfect. Honda ASS is good atleast in Chennai. Not sure if Unicorn has high CC engines in market now as compared to Pulsar, I vote unicorn for performance/comfort and Pulsar for its killer looks.. and yeah why not R15 ?

@Nrakshi:
Instead of 180,I'd recommend you to go for the upcoming Pulsar 200 or if you feel uncomfortable with any newly introduced bike then you can opt for Pulsar 220.
I'll move ahead only if you give me a nod on 220.Rest out of Pulsar 150 and Unicorn,its Pulsar for me any day.Unicorn is also a fabulous bike,but still I like Pulsar.

I had test drive of Pulsar 180cc Today it was nice the pickup was great ,huge feeling, breaking was good, nice features like side stand indicator, I was not allowed to go too far so 40kmph was the highest speed i achieved, Salesman Sohail was good he shared his experience of using Pulsar180cc overall it was nice experience.

Pulsar 150cc was not available for TD.

I had also been to Honda Showroom they didn't had a demo unicorn for TD they have promised me to provide trail on Friday.
After riding the 180 you won't like the 150. Also 180 has more power than a 150 cc and yet gives you a good FE.

do update us once you take the TD of Unicorn.

Hi nrakshi,
I have a pulsar 150 from last 4 yrs,i din't use it much now but when i was in college i used to love it.Everything is good be it style,comfort or average.I calculated the average so many times as i used to had a fixed budget for bike and other things and that was always in 50-55 kmpl range.
Buddy the moment you get your bike the next moment if you have to go to the end of your street you will be on your bike only,so you must look at the mileage point seriously.

After riding the 180 you won't like the 150. Also 180 has more power than a 150 cc and yet gives you a good FE.

do update us once you take the TD of Unicorn.
And buddy after riding 220 you will never like 180,even the R15 too starts feeling quite underpowered at higher speeds due to the loads of power available in your hand upto 115-120 kph.
Rest I must say that 220 and 180 don't have too much difference in the FE,where 180 gives about 50 kpl on highways,220 easily gives 46-47 while in city both give 35-40 kpl.

And buddy after riding 220 you will never like 180,even the R15 too starts feeling quite underpowered at higher speeds due to the loads of power available in your hand upto 115-120 kph.
Rest I must say that 220 and 180 don't have too much difference in the FE,where 180 gives about 50 kpl on highways,220 easily gives 46-47 while in city both give 35-40 kpl.
That's right buddy but i didn't mention 220 because his requirement si 150 and 180 cc. Otherwise it's a nice bike with good performance and FE.

i have driven 220 and it's amazing in terms of pickup and precision. but then again your requirement is what you should look forward too and yes TD for unicorn just in case and no regrets later

Thread Starter #15
Thanks guys for your vaulable suggestions but I have been told that
No TDs will be available for another 4 days since its an auspicious season in Karnataka dealers are running out of stock especially in Rajaji Nagar.

Last edited:

Top Bottom