Story of My Toyota Innova 2.5!

Minor repairs like denting & painting jobs, changing brake pads, etc.

another grouse - the engine!
after many months, made a trip to pune in my innova. at 110 kmph, the tacho was at 3100 rpm! [frustration] the redline is at 4200 rpm. its a diesel engine, so that means at such high rpm close to the redline, there is hardly any juice left. at 110 kmph, the engine is also noisy, sounds boomy & very strained. also, we filled in diesel from HP & the car was emitting thick black smoke at anything over 120 kmph, so we had to stick to 110 kmph.

probably something fishy with ecu !!!

Try this ,

idle the car for about ten long min ,

press the accelerator hard , almost till red line rev for about some 10 sec - idle and repeat - lot of black smokes must come out .

drive now , i am sure you will find the diffence

@ Raj i completely agree with you and even the Fortuner's body panel is flimsy like Innova! I think then Innova must not be a great highway cruiser! Our Safari stays a tad below 2000RPM even at 100kmph and my Verna is exactly 2000RPM at 100kmph!!

@ Jayadev I would blame Toyota only regarding that! Being made for India they should have made thicker body panels. One of dad's friend having an Innova is barely an year old and he has done denting and repainting jobs twice already! Not because of accidents but because of stones flying from trucks at highways! A Safari or Scorpio is more solidly built and our Safari after 4 years still does not have any dents anywhere. If it was an Innova in our case since we would have done repainting atleast 5 times since majority of our running is in the highways!!

@ Vijay But surprisingly a Safari which is more heavily built offers more FE than an Innova!

Thread Starter #35
Frustrated

Such incidents are spoiling the good ownership of toyota.

I was already upset about the weak body panels of the innova & the frequent body damage. Now the Airbag indicator started glowing. Took it to the A.S.S. & they say the 'airbag cable' has gone kaput. it costs Rs. 9500! [frustration]

Almost 10k for a damn cable? To add insult to the injury, i enquired about the repairing of the 2 small dents shown here. they quoted a whopping Rs. 18,000!

So a total of 30,000 including taxes... [surprise]

Whoa this is too costly! This is plain robbery from Toyota , i don know the fate of Fortuner owners then!

The thing with Toyota and Honda vehicles is that they are damn reliable but their are spares are so costly that if you end up scratching or denting your car you will have to pay a heavy sum!

Recently my friend's Innova was involved in accident and his bill was Rs.1.8Lakh! The damage was not much , only upto the front left door! I will try to post a picture of his car.

raj, there might be some misunderstanding ,dent repair cannot be 18000rs. it should be under 10000rs. as you can get it under rs2k from general repair garages.

for the airbag cable better get it confirmed as what is it actually is it just wires or some kind of critical pressure carrying duct.

rs.30000...i am shocked!!!!

350Z

Core Team
This indeed sounds as a shocking figure, but if they were really asking for this much cash, I would say better get the denting-painting job done outside at some reliable place, even Carnation would charge less than that.

Drive Safe,
350Z

@ Jayadev I hope that dent repair means replacing the whole dent part , Am i right Raj? If yes then there is no misunderstanding , Toyota spares are costly!

@ 350Z Are you sure? I don think so because the spares will be procured from Toyota and so the same amount will charged to the customer.

350Z

Core Team
@ 350Z Are you sure? I don think so because the spares will be procured from Toyota and so the same amount will charged to the customer.
The dent is not so big, and could be repair without replacing the part, through a general restoration job.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #42
Whoa this is too costly! This is plain robbery from Toyota , i don know the fate of Fortuner owners then!

The thing with Toyota and Honda vehicles is that they are damn reliable but their are spares are so costly that if you end up scratching or denting your car you will have to pay a heavy sum!
Toyota A.S.S. guys admitted that they recently hiked up their charges.

[shock] wwhhhooo even owning toyota corolla we never paid so huge amount .
Even the normal service bills are sky high now.

raj, there might be some misunderstanding ,dent repair cannot be 18000rs. it should be under 10000rs. as you can get it under rs2k from general repair garages.
Misunderstanding? We took the vehicle to the A.S.S & they inspected the damage & then quoted this amount for repair.

for the airbag cable better get it confirmed as what is it actually is it just wires or some kind of critical pressure carrying duct.
I will confirm that today, we are getting the vehicle along with the old cable!

This indeed sounds as a shocking figure, but if they were really asking for this much cash, I would say better get the denting-painting job done outside at some reliable place, even Carnation would charge less than that.
We never give our cars (even scorpio) to any other place except A.S.S fearing poor quality or shoddy work.

@ Jayadev I hope that dent repair means replacing the whole dent part , Am i right Raj? If yes then there is no misunderstanding , Toyota spares are costly!
No, they are not replacing any part. If you see the pics, the chrome strip above the grille is dislodged, that costs Rs. 3500 & would be replaced. the rest is painting & denting charges.

they would be painting the front grille & repairing the dent on the door.

The dent is not so big, and could be repair without replacing the part, through a general restoration job.
of course, they wont replace the door for the dent. then the bill would have been a lakh!

Thread Starter #43
Re: Story of my Innova 2.5!

Long time since I have updated this thread, no? My innova is not 89,000 kms old.

Anyways, we are in the lookout for a new driver. A candidate came yesterday morning & I took him for a "test". Within 15 mins of his test, this was the result

Attachments

350Z

Core Team
Re: Story of my Innova 2.5!

Ouch. That hurts. Let's take it positive way and be thankful because this was still lesser than what could have happened in future if he had passed by luck this time.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom